PDA

View Full Version : Daytona vs mustang

jackerman
04-07-2012, 03:32 AM
So my first street run since I've been tuning the car. 20 lbs boost 10.3 wide band 8 deg base timing and all the basic bolt on mods butare stock t2garret. Mustang has really nice ported heads and intake and gears. The mustang pulled me 1st and second by a car and at the end of third I was running him down. Was a loss but next run is a neon srt with exhaust. What are the chances of running with the neon on a second gear pull

Vigo
04-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Uhhh... arent you spinning through all of second @20psi? Because if you arent, you should find out why before racing anyone else. Just my .02

A stock setup @ 20 psi CAN trap over 100 (if its working right..) so if the srt REALLY only has exhaust and not even raised boost, you should be able to keep up.

jackerman
04-07-2012, 10:44 AM
from a role 1st gear spins and second isnt to bad until higher rpm she breaks loose. the car pulls real hard. at 10psi i trapped 94mph. im figuring the turbo is getting alittle weak and its running really rich. the turbo is 23 years old.

Vigo
04-08-2012, 09:24 AM
As long as the turbo doesnt have any damage to the wheels there's no real way it can change over time. It's probably performing close to 100% of when it was new unless it has wheel damage or something in the center section is damaged.

What other mods do you have to trap 94 @ 10psi?

jackerman
04-08-2012, 06:47 PM
The engine is bored 20 over with Ross forged pistons stock dish. 8in a half to 1the compression. Head is mildly ported and opened up around the valves. Stock valves with forward motion 475 cam with rockers springs are from FMtoo. 2 piece intake ported and polished 52 throttle body. 55 lb injectors adjustable fpr. Ported exhaust manifold 3 in exhaust. Centerforce clutch fwd stage 5five computer. I may have missed some things but that's the rundown. 2.2 t2

Vigo
04-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Nice, thanks for the info. I just pulled the motor out of my 2.2 t2 spirit to fix yesterday so you got me real curious. heheh

Reaper1
04-11-2012, 11:18 AM
You should easily run down the NSRT if he's being truthful about his mods. My car trapped 100 on 22#'s and a friend of mine with a NSRT had to cheat to stay a fender ahead through 3rd. I had nothing for him after that simply because a truly stock 8V TII can't hang with a modded and over-boosted 16V NSRT. I raced another NSRT ACR with unknown mods and it was similar.

trannybuster
04-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Why 8 deg..?..because of boost? def losing shiat ton of power right there and driving up egts...set it to 12 and add some octane boost,itll be like driving a diff car...

jackerman
04-15-2012, 02:48 PM
The car was knocking at 18 boost. Put 2in deg colder plugs in and started dropping timing till I didn't hear the knock anymore. It was ok at 10the degree timing Jordan you did a back to back pull. It was weird it would only knock when I shifted the stop a s the Rome went up. On the sideband its still in the 10.5 range.

pauly_no_van
04-18-2012, 12:27 PM
[horizon ported everything garrett t2/48] i walked away from a brand new cobra in second gear at around 20#.
This car is a ROCKET at wot when 2 gear bangs in. No adjustment to timing under boost base at 12* 10.0 afr.
He had a LOUD exhaust and his car was tail happy at around 50mph... sounded good not typical of mustangs..
He gave a nod was real surprised good to give that car a run for the $.

jackerman
04-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Nice, the cobras move too. My car is really rich like that. I was failing plugs finally burnt the rings. Nonw it is burning oil in number 4 cylinder. I also think that is why its knocking. Lucky for me the motor has no miles on it. Rings and a hone and ready to do it all again

jackerman
07-23-2012, 03:34 AM
I finally got to run the srt4 at lunch time. We went at a light. I spun all the way into second but still pulled a car on him. He said he missed third but i was already out front. We didnt get a chance to run again but i was pretty happy.

Vigo
07-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Sounds good.

Man, it still makes me wonder. I started having SOME 2nd gear traction problems at 8psi in my spirit when it was really running well. Then i fixed the 02 sensor :p and it lost a ton of power and didnt have traction problems again until 15 psi. Really makes you wonder how far off the tuning is if it takes 8 more psi to get tirespin back.. LOL

cordes
07-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow. 94mph on 10PSI is pretty good in a Daytona. Nice work.