PDA

View Full Version : Coolant / Oil lines question.

85_600
08-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Since I was in a hurry to get the head off I cut the hose portion of these lines. Can I use a piece of steel tubing inbetween the hose pieces and just clamp it down? I'm asking because I'm having a very hard time removing the steel portion of the lines. I've tried PB Blaster with no effects. I have not tried heating them up yet but if possible I'd like to know if the tubing idea would work.

Thanks!
Paul

mark
08-02-2006, 08:18 PM
since you have it out replacing all the lines with a stainless steel hose kit is the best thing to do. I realize you are on a budget so it might be a tough call for you, but they wont burst or have problems that the stock like lines have.

mark
08-02-2006, 08:19 PM
if you are staying turbo1 I have my stock t1 lines somewhere. if you need them PM me your address and I will ship them to you.

Clay
08-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Paul, the hose sections of those lines are just held on by the steel bands on each end. Cut the steel and with a die grinder, then just replace the hose and use hose clamps. That is the cheapest fix for what your doing.

85_600
08-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Paul, the hose sections of those lines are just held on by the steel bands on each end. Cut the steel and with a die grinder, then just replace the hose and use hose clamps. That is the cheapest fix for what your doing.

Cool! I thought about that but I couldn't remember how they were attached to the rest of the lines..Cool Beans! :thumb:

What type of hose should I use then?

tryingbe
08-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Silicone at napa.

Clay
08-03-2006, 09:33 AM
^^^ yup!

JDAWG
08-03-2006, 07:08 PM
yea and i would use fuel injection hose clamps, they are smooth all around and have rolled edges so you can crank them way down and not cut the hose