PDA

View Full Version : VNT exhaust manifold porting ?

Fox
04-06-2012, 03:32 PM
would porting the stock exhaust manifold on a vnt car be any improvement or would this cause boost control issues?
reason i'm asking is i'm going to be putting a new vnt-25 turbo on and i'll be working in that area anyhow. i would like to make improvements wherever possible, i was thinking of sending it to lonewolfproformance for porting and cerimic coating inside and out

Directconnection
04-06-2012, 07:22 PM
porting it won't hurt the vnt as there's really not enough of a significant gain to be had to cause overboosting issues.

Fox
04-12-2012, 04:35 AM
thanks for the reply, just one other thing from what ive seen turboII and vnt exhaust manifolds are the same. is this right ?

4 l-bodies
04-12-2012, 11:08 PM
thanks for the reply, just one other thing from what ive seen turboII and vnt exhaust manifolds are the same. is this right ?
No they are not the same. Similar but different part # and casting #. One of the four turbo flange bolt holes is different as well.

Vigo
04-18-2012, 12:48 PM
IIRC the only difference in the bolt pattern is that one of the 4 studs on a t2 manifold is a through hole on the vnt manifold. A t2 manifold could be made to run a vnt pretty easily if you wanted to buy a t2 manifold that was already ported. Youd probably have to drill through that part of the manifold.