PDA

View Full Version : My 5-speed mini van vs mustang

Johnny
04-01-2012, 11:45 PM
5-speed Van

Took it to town today. Driving up highway 101 just north of Coos Bay heading to the parts store. Some mustang is
at the light and I pull up next to him. I guess he sees the "turbo" on the fender. So rev's his engine. I don't. No reason
to as this van is quiet as a mouse. But I think hell, why not. So I nod my head "yes". Light changes and I burn the tires...
lots of smoke and tire squealing. Not used to a stick, usually I am driving my automatic van. But then hit second gear to
stop the tire spin. I get traction and by time I hit half way through 3rd gear I am ahead of the mustang. Fun....well for a second.
Then there are two sounds. One a siren, and two a bad knocking from under the hood. Cop must have seen us and I must
have over rev'ed the dam thing. I pull over, so does the mustang. I turn off the engine, oh crap, not sounding good.
We sit there and cop just sits in the car. Waiting? Next I see another set of lights coming up the road. He must have called
for back up. I see in my mirror that they both get of of their cars and are talking. One cop stays back and walks up the mustang
who is behind me. They talk a while, and he lets him go! Crap he got off scott free, what the hell? Then he walks up toward the
van so I roll the window down. He says, "Good afternoon". I dont say anything, I am pissed I got caught and pissed about
damaging a van I thought I had sold. I know I should have not street raced. I finally look at the cop it is a state patrolman
AND my neighbor!!
Yep, the guy that lives across the road from me. I say "Hi Bob" He just realizes who I am and just looks at me, not a word.
Then slowly he says "You are street racing! You dusted a mustang!...with this ugly mini van. I can not believe it! You know
I let him go!" I said "Yes, I was wondering why". He said " I think getting beat by a family mini van is punishment enough"
Then he smiles and says "Johnny, you go home. I never want to see you street racing again" "Go, NOW, we will talk later!"
He walks back to his patrol car, I start the van and nurse it home. Then the date april 1st comes into play. You know the drill.
Van never left the driveway all day, really!

Johnny

Young Gun
04-02-2012, 01:56 AM
bastard. Got me all excited

turbovanmanČ
04-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Bah, but aren't jokes supposed to be over by noon?

Rrider
04-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Nice!

omni_840
04-02-2012, 01:56 PM
He sqeueezed that one in:)

I was falling for until you wouldn't speak to the police:D

Rrider
04-02-2012, 04:38 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!

First thing that went through my head^ Like Vader.

black86glhs
04-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Damn you Johnny!!!!:D

spiro440
04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Great story! Hate the ending:p
Got me. thanks for the laugh.

663csx-t
04-05-2012, 08:47 PM
lol thats funny

Johnny
04-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Glad i made a few laugh!!

85glht
04-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the "story" I had a good chuckle. :)

30 PSI SHADOW
04-09-2012, 04:47 PM
You had a "flo from gieco" dream didn't you?

30 PSI SHADOW
04-09-2012, 05:53 PM
That was progressive wasn't it lol...

Johnny
04-09-2012, 05:57 PM
AAA rated in fact!