PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the wire color codes for door speakers, 92 Acclaim?

AngelesRunner
03-31-2012, 06:45 PM
Anyone know the wire color codes for the front foor and back door speakers on a 1992 Plymouth Acclaim?

I am trying to put an after-market radio into my daughter's 92 Acclaim to replace the stock cassette/radio which only seems to play in treble. The after-market radio has a big sticker showing what wires to hook it up to if I can identify front speakers + and - and back speakers + and - wiring colors on the Acclaim.

The after-market radio is connected in a 91 Dodge Caravan and based on trailing the radio wires to their connections on the Caravan Harness the Front and Rear +'s and -'s listed below are assumed. Neither connector has the total of 8 wires needed for all of the speaker connections so I am assuming that the speakers connections exist on both of the connectors. The Caravans plastic connectors have been clipped off. I just have the wires coming out of the harness.

The 92 Acclaim has two 8-pin connectors. One black plastic with 7 wires and the other gray plastic with 6 wires. The wires in the connectors appear to be.
Gray Connector
Pink - Red/White - Orange - Yellow/Black - Blue/Red - Brown/Red
Battery Power Front - Front -
Lead Lead

Black Connector
Blue/Orange - Blue/Brown - Purple - Green - Blue/White - Brown/Yellow - Green/Red
Rear - Rear - Front + Front + Rear + Rear +

Wiscoballer
03-31-2012, 06:54 PM
just get the plug in from walmart, its like $8, and match the wires, then connect the plastic connectors.

1966 dart wagon
03-31-2012, 11:14 PM
just get the plug in from walmart, its like $8, and match the wires, then connect the plastic connectors.

x2
agreed