PDA

View Full Version : How to compare cals, MP2?

turbovanmanČ
03-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Trying to match fuel curves with different cals, can't figure out how to compare cals at once, IE see both items I select, IE PE. Thanks. :banghead:

ShelGame
03-28-2012, 05:57 PM
On the editor menu, there's a 'comp cals' selection. Pick the cal(s) you want to use as a comparison...

turbovanmanČ
03-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Ok, talking to Brian, I need to convert an MP tuner cal to MP2? So how do I do that?

Force Fed Mopar
03-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Ues the "Update to Ver 2" feature under the Misc tab up top.

turbovanmanČ
03-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks. Ok, did that, said it had errors but still works. I hit the comp cal button and nothing happens?

wowzer
03-28-2012, 10:43 PM
i assume you have both cals open at the same time? when you click on the comp cals option it should give you a list of all the other cals loaded. click on each cal you want to use for a comparison. if you can't get it to work send it to me at mterveen@yahoo.com and i'll take a look. actually, send me the original .vxx template file and i'll try converting it also.

Force Fed Mopar
03-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Thanks. Ok, did that, said it had errors but still works. I hit the comp cal button and nothing happens?

I alway have to click on the cal I want to compare to, then click the screen somewhere. When the Comp Cal selection disappears it starts comparing.

i assume you have both cals open at the same time? when you click on the comp cals option it should give you a list of all the other cals loaded. click on each cal you want to use for a comparison. if you can't get it to work send it to me at mterveen@yahoo.com and i'll take a look. actually, send me the original .vxx template file and i'll try converting it also.

Morris, you modded (or told me how to mod) one my T-LM 12.5 cals once to correct those errors that show up (year and cal detection), but I did something to it or lost it or something. But it was a pretty simple fix I think. IIRC it does it on converted cals too.

wowzer
03-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Morris, you modded (or told me how to mod) one my T-LM 12.5 cals once to correct those errors that show up (year and cal detection), but I did something to it or lost it or something. But it was a pretty simple fix I think. IIRC it does it on converted cals too.

search the .tpl for the MDLCDE table (should be close to the beginning). it'll look something like this:

;mptblcname MDLCDE
;mpxaxis in_desc 0 255 in
;mpyaxis out_desc 0 255 out
;mptbldesc The_1st_2_digits_are_the_model_year,_2nd_2_digits_ are_the_engine_and_trans_type.
.word 0xE844 ;Point 1
;mpmodelyr 99 1989
;mpengtran 10 2.2_TIV

the value for this table is 0xE844, which does not exist in the list of values that follows. so add the following 2 lines to the list:
;mpmodelyr E8 1987 '(or whatever year your car is)
;mpengtran 44 2.2_T2_Auto '(or whatever short desc you want)

then save the file and it should now skip those messages.

i don't know what all the combinations are for the older LM years but maybe ROB L could add some of these to his templates when he updates them.

turbovanmanČ
03-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Ok, tried to do it, gave me an error and shut down. Sigh.

Sorry to be a pain but another question, when looking at the part/full throttle fuel curves, the old MP tuner had them in RPM and vacuum/psi, MP tune doesn't, can I change it to that?

turbovanmanČ
03-29-2012, 03:32 PM
I love the flash feature, burning chips is a one step operation, :nod:

wowzer
03-29-2012, 07:38 PM

when looking at the part/full throttle fuel curves, the old MP tuner had them in RPM and vacuum/psi, MP tune doesn't, can I change it to that?

when you have a cal open, click on the settings tab. there should be an option to show negtive psi in InHg. click that.