PDA

View Full Version : turbo mini harness in lbody?

trini001
03-28-2012, 11:42 AM
look i would like to upgrade my glhs to smec i heard that it 89 turbo minivan harness has the same plugin as the l body is that true any one knows please let me know..

Orangetona
03-28-2012, 01:38 PM
The same plug in? Basically youd swap the whole harness and computers out. The minivan harness is gonna be way longer than the L body needs, but I would imagine it would work. You may notice the oil pressure sender end is different, as well as if the L body is the log intake youll need to swap over to TII status.

Its a very vague question so idk where to start, hopefully it helps a little bit.

Turbulence
03-28-2012, 06:28 PM
If he's referring to the bulkhead connector, the mini harness is almost plug and play--you have to move the windshield wiper pins if I remember correctly, BUT, this is only the case with 88 and 89 L bodies that already had the smec. I believe the earlier L bodies had a 40 pin bulkhead versus the smec 50 pin. There may be other differences with other connectors as well. It's certainly doable but yes there is a whole bunch of extra length.

Martin
89 Horizon

Juggy
03-28-2012, 06:39 PM
use the search. theres tons of threads already that will answer your questions. no need to clog up bandwidth with nonsense.

that Turbulence said is right. 40 way bulkhead on the 83-87 models. 88-90 got the 50 way bulkhead that would be a direct bolt on for 88-90 minivan turbo harness.

if your car is a 87 or older you will need to pull the dashboard and install a wiring harness from an 88 or 89 omni. I have one I could sell if your interested.