PDA

View Full Version : Fellow 3.0 Guy Diagnosed with Cancer

Sundance 6g72
03-23-2012, 04:22 PM
This is old news for some people who frequent 3si.org.

A man by the name of Chris Hill (who i believe works at 3sx) has been diagnosed with Stage 3 Multiple myeloma.

I have been diagnosed with Stage 3 Multiple myeloma - cancer of the plasma cells in bone marrow. 80% of my bone marrow is cancer. I will be starting chemo next week followed by a stem cell bone marrow transplant. I would have went for a checkup earlier but wouldn't ya know it, I don't have health insurance so I waited till late in the game. Dumbass.

The drugs for chemo are $8,000 per month but we may qualify for help with the meds, and The stem cell bone marrow transplant will be around $200,000. It's time to sell some things.

-Chris

http://www.3si.org/forum/f174/i-have-been-diagnosed-stage-3-multiple-myeloma-523599/

Reason behind this post is not only to raise awareness but to also help out a fellow 3.0 guy. They have set up a page that gets updated with his progress and also offers a donation link. I asked how i could help and he said

Thanks, and any help is greatly appreciated. We drive 2 hours round trip just to get chemo. Gas prices are killing us.

He gave me this link for the donation/ update page.

http://www.ninjaperformance.com/cancerdonations/donations.html

Id love to donate some extra cash but as most of you know, im in the middle of a rebuild for my DD. Once I can scrape something together I will. I know most of you are probably short on money flow as well but if you can spare something, you would be doing a very good thing. From just looking at Chris's signature on 3si, i can already tell he has done a great deal with our platform. He is the driver of several outstanding 3.0 cars making record breaking passes and horsepower numbers.

Thanks for reading guys, help spread the word! :nod:

Ondonti
03-23-2012, 07:43 PM
I believe he parted ways with 3sx before getting sick and started up his own place again. He ran a parts place before that (why his screen name is Import Power)and went to 3SX for a more steady job and brought his race car which ended up being the starting point for their program. First 3000gt to run over 140mph was his FWD car, and then it ran even faster as a 3SX shop car. They also built an AWD car that ran low 9's. Basically it was Chris building the power.

Latest update for him was that his Chemo treatment prior to stem cell injections did not work because the Vitamin C he was taking counteracts the particular Chemo regimin he was on (along with green tea screwing things up).

Sundance 6g72
03-23-2012, 11:52 PM
yes i read that.

obiously he has done a bunch with the 3.0 community in furthering its potential. I have a throttle body about to sell to a guy and im just going to donate that cash. I already spent the money you sent me for the ecu.... Im low on cash but if i start selling random parts that i dont need but didnt intend to sell, ill gladly throw that money his way.