PDA

View Full Version : pulling side to side

gifted1988
03-20-2012, 08:14 PM
so recently i have changed passanger side motor mount. put a remaned axle in pass side and struts and shock all the way around. now when i drive and get on it. it pulls to one side and when you let off it goes the opposite way. and driving down the road any change in pavement is will pull back and forth. what should i look in to

shackwrrr
03-20-2012, 08:40 PM
so recently i have changed passanger side motor mount. put a remaned axle in pass side and struts and shock all the way around. now when i drive and get on it. it pulls to one side and when you let off it goes the opposite way. and driving down the road any change in pavement is will pull back and forth. what should i look in to
changing struts will mess up alignment, sounds like too much toe out. Just get an alignment and all should be well unless the tie rods or ball joints are sloppy.

gifted1988
03-23-2012, 08:43 PM
they were not sloppy when i had it apart or checked them no play

black86glhs
03-23-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't know what car you have, but when I bought my omni, it had a shadow or daytona driver's side axle in it. It did the exact same thing as yours. I now have 2 omni axles in it and it drove fine when I had it out last. Also, check that the engine is centered. You'll have to look up the procedure, but should be easy to find.

Force Fed Mopar
03-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Center the engine and get a good alignment and you'll be good.

turbovanmanČ
03-26-2012, 03:26 AM
How did you check the ball joints and tie rods?

Did you get an alignment?