PDA

View Full Version : A/C thermo Switch and fuel Sending unit resistance?

Shadow24
03-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Finally starting to work on Lucy again this spring. I potentially have 2 jobs that may pan out, (Austin, TX and Boston, MA) so i may need my wheels back ASAP. Since I'm switching all my go-fast goodies into a rust free shell and doing a complete re-wire, I ran into a couple questions.

1) A/C thermo switch: i AM keeping AC in the new body one way or another. the current plan is to use the regular A/C switch in-car, through a thermo switch, WOT cutout relay and the appropriate pressure switches. However, I don't think I can use the stock Thermo-switch (3-wire spike probe thingy in the condenser box). Anyone have any ideas on what would be a workable thermo switch? It would be used to make sure the Condenser in the car doesn't ice up. I was thinking a cycle range of normally closed, opening at 40* and closing at 50* switch. Catch is, I can't find squat that meets those parameters :(

Also, if I can use the stock probe that would be great (less cost etc).

2) Since I'm doing a full Dash replacement, I have been trying to find what the fuel sending unit resistance range is for the 92-94 P-bodies. I only found one entry in my searching last night which indicated a possible range of: 100ohms at empty, and 0-ohms full. Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks!