PDA

View Full Version : TIII Upgraded lifters?

Kryp2nitE
02-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Are there options for lifters? I see in some old posts the FWDP carried "upgraded" lifters. There is only one listing now, i'm thinking they are possibly just a superseded part?

A couple of mine fell apart when replacing retainers with the modified ones (that was awesome btw) two of the plastic cages were sitting on the retainers and one (cage) was completely gone.

turbovanmanČ
02-28-2012, 06:11 PM
FWD is the only source, they use a metal cap instead of a plastic one. BTW, if you can get it together, you can run without the cages as they make assembly easier.

Kryp2nitE
02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
FWD is the only source, they use a metal cap instead of a plastic one. BTW, if you can get it together, you can run without the cages as they make assembly easier.

thanks for the quick reply, going to replace all 16 just for piece of mind with the FWDP ones. :thumb:

shellboy
02-29-2012, 11:46 PM
i got mine from cindy. 20,000 miles now and no worries. get some! its worth it! thanks cindy for having such a great part!

Kryp2nitE
03-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Got the replacements, just got back from vacation. The new ones are super tight in the bores, is there a trick to installing? Or just pliers and something soft to protect the pivoting tip?

Lotashelbys
03-13-2012, 01:58 AM
The new ones are tight because of the new O-ring holding the inner and outer together. I usually wrap some heater hose around the vise jaws and start them by hand and turn use the vise to finish. Be careful!

turbovanmanČ
03-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Lots of lube baby, :eyebrows:

DON'T forget the disc and make sure its the right way, its shaped like this- \_/ the smaller part goes against the rocker.

Kryp2nitE
03-13-2012, 04:37 PM
I would hate ever getting these out again but thanks for the help! About 5 of the old ones fell apart when I took them out, the top ring was broken and they took some pulling.

Kryp2nitE
03-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Worked great thanks guys. Just waiting on the computer from Cindy and i can fire it up again.

Chris

dodgedaddie
01-15-2016, 03:19 PM
HELLO,,,,
Every one,,I know this is an old thread,,
But was wondering if any one has found a replacements for these?
Or any for sale??

THANKS
Mike In Maine

Wastelands Warrior
01-15-2016, 11:42 PM
HELLO,,,,
Or any for sale??

THANKS
Mike In Maine

Cindy at FWD has new replacements.

HSKR
01-16-2016, 01:31 AM
HELLO,,,,
Or any for sale??

THANKS
Mike In Maine

FWDP stock FIAT lifters that will work, or you can buy some Mercedes benz lifters and discs that will work as well. there is a whole thread dedicated to this that gives part numbers and everything.

iTurbo
01-23-2016, 12:54 AM
The new ones are tight because of the new O-ring holding the inner and outer together. I usually wrap some heater hose around the vise jaws and start them by hand and turn use the vise to finish. Be careful!

The new ones are tight! I start them by hand, and then finish by using the palm of my hand pushing against the top of the rocker with the lifter tip on the bench and suddenly they pop right in. I use some assembly lube to keep the lifter discs from doing a summersault while doing so. The cushioned bench vise idea is even better.