PDA

View Full Version : where to get a "header"

lbaonocsetr
02-26-2012, 07:55 PM
I have a 2.2 turbo 2 motor and i would like to get a header for it. But i can only find a ported manifold from fwd-p. wonderin if they even have a header. i would imagine someone wood.

BadAssPerformance
02-26-2012, 11:06 PM
TurbosUnleashed has(d?) a log style header.

Others out there have fabbed up custom ones for specific applications.

I have made equal length header prototypes, but testing is still in process and havn't made them yet, info here (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?34429-BadAss-2.2L-2.5L-Equal-Length-Runner-Tubular-Header-Group-Buy)

Folks have gone 10's on ported stockers, is there really a market/need for an equal length header?

lbaonocsetr
02-26-2012, 11:49 PM
True on that. i blew a head gasket n i figured wth while its off n apart

turbovanmanČ
02-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Your buying a log header, making your own or waiting until the next century for JT's, ;)

Folks have gone 10's on ported stockers, is there really a market/need for an equal length header?

That's like saying, we've gone 12's on a non ported head, why bother porting. We've gone 12's on a stock turbo, why go faster. Come on, that's a silly statement if I ever heard one.

RoadWarrior222
02-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Although, if you get the efficiency up, you can have more HP on less boost, putting less stress on the bottom end, get big numbers with DD reliability.

GLHNSLHT2
02-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Simon, Shadow's gone 10's on a ported stocker with almost a 1:1 ratio. Does that work? :)

shadow88
02-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Do you think he would improve with a different manifold/ header?

turbovanmanČ
02-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Simon, Shadow's gone 10's on a ported stocker with almost a 1:1 ratio. Does that work? :)

No, still doesn't matter. Why bother upgrading anything, waste of time, right? ;)

Better go tell Warren Stramer his header is a total waste of time and he should put a ported stocker on. :eyebrows:

We should also ignore Aaron Millers true back to back test, I mean really, who likes making more power at the same boost level with a slipping clutch? :confused:

Do you think he would improve with a different manifold/ header?

He thinks he will too.

Shadow
02-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Guys, this header thing/debate is rediculous! There is more than enough evidence that a header is more efficient, so let's not go backwards in that regard.

When a header is need is completly up to the owner/builder. If your absolutley set on making the Most efficient set-up you can and have no issue with time and money spent then your definatly going to want one!

Most, however, are not willing to pay for a proper header and even the ones that go to lengths to build their own end up falling short or just don't get the rest of thier set-up working properly and Never end up seeing the benefits :(

If you look at the top builders in the world, they all seem to agree that until your past 500WHP a header is not Needed. Now, what exactly is ment by "not needed" is the Q. In all honesty, the build may pick up 30WHP, by they don't consider it necc because the cast mani is still producing good power and at a decent PR, as I have found myself.

Is there any doubt in my mind that the Charger would benefit from a header? H#ll no! I've said it several times, I would expect to see 30-40WHP gain at this power level. But it's still a lot of work and my stocker is still working well :)

How hard was it to install the F4 cam in comparison, and I've gained 6mph so far and haven't even reached the same boost level as the stock cam....yet :) (so what's that, 60WHP!)

One other thing I've been considering. Since my turbine housing/wheel is my biggest restriction, I'm not sure I would see the gain I'm expecting being close to maxed out on my turbine side. I use to think that the header would move the exhaust through the turbine wheel more efficiently and allow me to make more power through the same restriction. After comparing DJ's drive pr readings and knowing he has a 4 into one header, I'm now thinking it may work against me. ie. The header will allow the mtr to become more efficient creating even more exhaust drive pr to have to deal with :(

Anyway, gonna find out once and for all one day, but prob not for a couple years as doing a BtB header comparo will be among the last things I do before stepping up to a properly built set-up.