PDA

View Full Version : Engine: 2.2L shortblock or engine.

Mysterio
02-23-2012, 03:17 AM
It's time to rebuild the motor in my 87 charger so I'm looking for an entire 2.2 or a shortblock. Let me know what you have I'm open to pretty much anything just looking for something I can build in my spare time then once it's done motor swap.

I'm located in Lakewood, Ohio so ideally I'd like something as close to that area as possible... I'm willing to travel to pick it up within reason or if the price is right. I may even be interested in a freshly rebuilt motor that I can swap some of my upgrades onto and throw in my car if the price is right as well. So throw whatever you got at me and let me know where you're at.

Lotashelbys
02-23-2012, 03:50 AM
I have a fresh 88 TII bottom end that I had built about 10 years ago and never used. Its got G-head 020 JE's in it. It has ARP main studs and rod bolts. The rods have polished beams and are shot blasted. Block is O-ringed. Everything done by my local race shop that has done 30+engines for me and very trustworthy. This thing is ready to run. I also have a Mopar stage 1 G head that I started porting and never finished that can go with the bottom end to match. I have like 2500 into this and I ended up junking the car from rust and being previously wrecked. Got into TIII cars after that and never got back to this thing. I would like $1800 for bottom end and the head. I could even deliver for a small fee. Might not be the price range you were looking for but just throwing it out there.......

moparman76_69
02-23-2012, 08:02 AM
One of our local guys has a couple, does it matter what year?

Mysterio
02-23-2012, 10:22 AM
I have a fresh 88 TII bottom end that I had built about 10 years ago and never used. Its got G-head 020 JE's in it. It has ARP main studs and rod bolts. The rods have polished beams and are shot blasted. Block is O-ringed. Everything done by my local race shop that has done 30+engines for me and very trustworthy. This thing is ready to run. I also have a Mopar stage 1 G head that I started porting and never finished that can go with the bottom end to match. I have like 2500 into this and I ended up junking the car from rust and being previously wrecked. Got into TIII cars after that and never got back to this thing. I would like $1800 for bottom end and the head. I could even deliver for a small fee. Might not be the price range you were looking for but just throwing it out there.......

Unfortunately it is out of my price range as I already have forged pistons, rods, a head, and all that jazz purchased. Thank you though.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

One of our local guys has a couple, does it matter what year?

I'm not entirely sure on the differences between the years of the motors. Currently I'm running an 87 T2 setup and would like the switch to be as fairly straight forward of a swap as possible. I believe if I get a later year engine I'll different axles and what not yea? I'm not apposed to doing something like this I just don't know exactly what all int entails to do so. For the right price on a motor/shortblock it may be worth it though.

Keito
02-23-2012, 12:03 PM
PM sent.

turbovanmanČ
02-23-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm not entirely sure on the differences between the years of the motors. Currently I'm running an 87 T2 setup and would like the switch to be as fairly straight forward of a swap as possible. I believe if I get a later year engine I'll different axles and what not yea? I'm not apposed to doing something like this I just don't know exactly what all int entails to do so. For the right price on a motor/shortblock it may be worth it though.

All you need to run an 89+ engine is to notch the water pump housing to clear the block or just use the 89+ water pump and pulleys. No axle or transmission mods are needed.

jaysshelby
02-24-2012, 07:16 AM
I have a complete 87 T1 engine, less trans and accessories that I pulled out of a Shelby Charger I parted out. engine is in Grafton which is just south of North Ridgeville, so its not to far from you. 100.00 and its yours just come pick it up.

Mysterio
02-24-2012, 07:43 PM
That's perfect jay that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm pretty busy with work till early next week when are you available for me to pick it up? Do you by chance have a transmission laying around I could buy as well? I haven't really looked into tracking one down yet but figured it didn't hurt to ask.

jaysshelby
02-24-2012, 08:30 PM
I'll check this weekend on a trans and let you know.