PDA

View Full Version : need help after motor swap!!!!!

thewraith1971
02-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Ok I just installed a 2.2 t2 motor in my car and it is running smooth right now at idle and part throttle but I only have 10-12 vacuum at idle according to gauge and it never drops down more than 16" of vacuum period....I had shop install the vacuum block and all looks right I have to go through it and check it out though as i dont think i saw hvac valve thing

Plus I could not use the boostbutton cal as i ended up having a gm 1 bar map sensor so now car is running 2.5 t1 sbec and 2 bar map for now with the +40's installed and i am trying to get map sensor and pigtail asap

The other thing I noticed was smoke coming out from under intake manifold and it looks like there is power steering fluid spraying from this electrical connection thing in a block on a power steering line

So my questions are what is causing low vacuum issue and what should I look for to make sure vacuum block is installed right, what can i do for now to fix the too rich issue til i get a 3 bar map and do you think maybe the 2.5 t1 sbec is causing most my issues....and what the hell is this part spraying power steering fluid out next to pump under intake manifold

Stevien1
02-19-2012, 11:01 PM
So it's a 2.2L with a 2.5L computer and +40 injectors? If so, I'm surprised it's even running with all that extra fuel! You need to swap out the +40 injectors for stock 2.2 T2 or 2.5 T1 injectors ASAP. Or get the proper cal for the +40's, or turn the fuel pressure down with an AFPR. All that extra fuel might be washing down the cyl walls into the crankcase. Check the oil- if it smells like gas, change it out of there ASAP. Also, inspect the cam timing- having it one tooth off will produce low vacuum.

As for the P/S fluid leak, sounds like the pressure switch is either loose or cracked. That sensor tells the computer to raise the idle when the steering is turned to lock.

Don't drive your car until both of these issues are resolved, fuel-diluted oil will toast the engine in short order as will a P/S fluid fire.

thewraith1971
02-20-2012, 06:50 AM
thanks yeah its a 2.2 t2 motor running with a 2.5 t1 sbec right now....I had the 3 bar comp for him to install I tried to explain to him that everything had to work together that I have a 3 bar comp and thought what was a 3 bar map that we needed to verify before starting or bad things could happen.... it ended up being a 1 bar gm map and he had tried running it 2.5 t1 sbec and gm map sensor, the boostbutton cal with gm and factory map sensor and said he only got it running with the 2.5t1 sbec and 2 bar map but those plus +40s it is way too damn rich and not safe to drive.... the guy i had do all the work that I have work on my Dodge Demon and always does good work but i just think he was too unfamiliar with this platform I just hope i did not hurt it too bad on the drive home yesterday of about 20 miles

so right now I am just waiting on a 3 bar map to put the 3 bar comp i have that is calibrated for the +40s etc.... and now i know what that switch is thanks i was dumbfounded in trying to figure out what the hell that was....

and I guess I will have to check the cam timing myself I am pretty sure that is right though as I had him take motor down to shortblock and he replaced all gaskets, belts including timing belt during reassembly....but now I am beginning to wonder about the condition of the old motor now and if it was cam timing etc and if compression tests were done not completely right old motor was 75 psi on the dot across all 4 cylinders no deviation....but that was throttle closed injectors plugged in too

ALSO i may have to pick up new gauges to make sure those readings on vacuum and boost are accurate as oil pressure reads 100 cold 75 warm

Stevien1
02-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Cam timing is easy to check, it's been covered a million times on the forum. Quick search it.

These motors should have at least 100psi compression, did you add oil to each cylinder and recheck?

A 20 mile drive with being that rich- I would dump the oil once you get the proper cal/injector combo just be sure. The relief valve on the oil pump opens around 85psi, so I'd say at least that gauge is a little optimistic. ;)