PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

gbrouill
02-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Two questions, I have a 1985 Shelby Charger, all stock.

Connected to the bracket that holds the coil there is a condensor. There is one wire with a round lug coming off the condensor. Right now it is not connected to anything. My guess is that it goes to one of the terminals on the coil. Any ideas?

Second, on the inner right side fender there is a vacuum block that has connections on the top and bottom. There are 4 connections on the bottom and four on the top. Hoses are connected the bottom 4 and top right. The three on the top left have nothing connected. Does something connect to these or should they have caps to seal them?

I can send pictures if needed.

Thanks.

Gil

turbovanmanČ
02-12-2012, 10:05 PM
The condenser is a noise suppressor for the radio, it goes on the positive.

That solenoid pack is for the boost control, egr, purge and others. I don't have the info handy on what is what but I am sure others will.

shackwrrr
02-12-2012, 10:53 PM
The condenser is a noise suppressor for the radio, it goes on the positive.

That solenoid pack is for the boost control, egr, purge and others. I don't have the info handy on what is what but I am sure others will.

Condenser usually always goes on the negative. That's how it is on points and my old jeep.

gbrouill
02-13-2012, 01:09 PM
I found the solenoid pack in the service manual, it show lines connected to three of the four with the note "BLEED". Have no idea if something connects or not. If anyone has an 85 SC please take a look (picture if you can). Thanks.

turbovanmanČ
02-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Condenser usually always goes on the negative. That's how it is on points and my old jeep.

Its not a condenser, its a noise cap so the radio doesn't buzz, mostly for AM.

boboli
02-14-2012, 12:38 AM
Only the top port for the wastegate solenoid should have a line to it. The rest bleed to atmosphere. If your car doesn't have the underhood diagram for vacuum line routing go to minimopar.com, they are listed there

kp2009
02-14-2012, 02:25 AM
I have an 85 Shelby Charger. I'd be glad to look at it for you tomorrow and tell you what it looks like. Is there a way to get in touch with you? I haven't used this enough to know how to contact someone.

cordes
02-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Only the top port for the wastegate solenoid should have a line to it. The rest bleed to atmosphere. If your car doesn't have the underhood diagram for vacuum line routing go to minimopar.com, they are listed there

That is incorrect for his car. That would be correct if he were running 89+ TI boost control, but the early LM stuff and TII stuff does need a line going to and from the solenoid.