PDA

View Full Version : Night out at Woodward

Mario
07-30-2006, 03:23 AM
Had a few good races.

First race was with a MKIII GTI, it was turbocharged, but I'm not sure what engine was in it. Ran him 3 times, all from 2nd gear. We were neck and neck everytime from 2nd, but as soon as I hit 3rd I instantly put a car on him. I slowed it down each time as soon as I put a car on him. No use going any further. :thumb:

Second race was some guys in a late model Mustang GT (pre 05') with bolt ons, had a video camera and wanted to go three wide with an 03' Cobra on the side of me. I beat the guy in the Mustang GT, guy in the Cobra kind of hit it late or something. Didn't really get to race him and wouldn't race me the rest of the night. Probably would have whooped me anyways.

After that race a turbo WS6 Trans Am popped out. Thing sounded wicked. I didn't bother to race him, he probably would have got me.

Tried to race a kid in a 4th Gen Camaro, but he just kept looking at me. His buddy in an SRT-4 got up next to me, decided to race me but he jumped on it about a second before I did. I was realing him in but he hit the brakes. Wow some race that was....I tried getting him to race again but he wouldn't.

Ran into a few other SRT-4's, but they all kind of gave me a thumbsup but didn't race.

Ran into some 4th gen F-bodies going 4 wide too, i was behind them, one of them stepped back so I could get in, but none of them would go. A couple were stock and one of them moved pretty good. They ended up all turning down the same road. Oh well.

Going home, a Cobalt SS who kept his window paint on from the track to show off wanted to race. Acted like a hardass at first, but then was cool after I showed him what 3rd gear will do to his car. :lol:

Also saw a Ferarri Testarosa, tried to get him to go but he kind of was hitting the gas whenever, then turned real fast.

There were a few other races but I don't feel like typing them out. I'm just bored and thought I'd share a few.

I think I popped a headgasket wasting my time with the Cobalt SS, smoke was pouring out as I pulled into the garage. I'll have to pop the head off tommorow morning, or I might just pull the whole engine...

glhs875
07-30-2006, 03:28 AM
Some nice kills! Sounds like you had a busy night out!

BadAssPerformance
07-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Cool, where on Woodward? Are people out for the dream cruise already!?

Mario
07-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Well people are always cruising out there, Mainly in the Birmingham and Royal Oak area everyone cruises.... Between Big Beaver and 11 Mile. But lately there's been a lot of the classic cars coming out...probably for the dream cruise.

8valves
07-30-2006, 10:46 PM
You picked the weekend to go out when I was up north! Give me a call if you're going out this weekend, I will be for sure.

AM

Mario
07-31-2006, 12:20 AM
Sounds good man. I need to put in a new headgasket tommorow. I think after this coming weekend though, I'm pulling everything for some upgrades. :D

Especially that new precision cooler that's been sitting in the garage for quite some time!!! :yuck:

J&H Ryan
08-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Hurry up and fix it - I've got a buddy who needs a FWD Mopar speed lesson. Think it'll beat a '07 Z06 stocker?

cordes
08-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Glad to hear you are having a good time out there. That is one of the things I miss most about being down here. I will be up there this weekend though.

dodgeshadowchik
08-12-2008, 08:57 PM
JT: the dream cruise started sunday as far as the car people are concerned. LOL! the offical date of saturday is a suggestion. ;)

nice stories, btw! :)

BadAssPerformance
08-12-2008, 11:37 PM
JT: the dream cruise started sunday as far as the car people are concerned. LOL! the offical date of saturday is a suggestion. ;)

nice stories, btw! :)

Definitely... saw some cars heading that way today! :thumb:

CSX173
08-14-2008, 07:47 AM
Look for me and the CSX convertible to be near 12 Mile and Woodward this evening. A friend here at work lives about 1/2 mile off Woodward and is having a Dream Cruise warm-up party. Then, of course I will be cruising on Saturday. But, as far as racing goes, Saturday is out. it will just be one big traffic jam. But, it is always fun to see all kinds of cars. Last year, I saw an old 50s Good Humor ice Cream truck tubbed and with a blower sticking out the hood. The little row of bells above the windshield were twinkling and everything. It was cool.

8valves
08-14-2008, 06:00 PM
I'll be out there tonight.

BF/STOCKER SPIRIT
08-14-2008, 07:36 PM
MARIO YOU BEING BORED, MADE A COOL STORY, SOUNDS LIKE YOU WAS THE TERROR OF
WOODWARD,LOL I TAKE IT ,YOUR CAR IS VERY FAST? LIKE 11s ,12s
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, JUST DON'T GET A TICKET.

J&H Ryan
08-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Look for me and the CSX convertible to be near 12 Mile and Woodward this evening. A friend here at work lives about 1/2 mile off Woodward and is having a Dream Cruise warm-up party. Then, of course I will be cruising on Saturday. But, as far as racing goes, Saturday is out. it will just be one big traffic jam. But, it is always fun to see all kinds of cars. Last year, I saw an old 50s Good Humor ice Cream truck tubbed and with a blower sticking out the hood. The little row of bells above the windshield were twinkling and everything. It was cool.

We saw you - didn't stop to see us tho:(;)

CSX173
08-15-2008, 06:55 AM
Were you guys at Art Vann? We drove by twice looking for you guys. Didn't see any Shelbys in the parking lot and they had the grass in front all roped off. I had a party with the Chrysler Employee Motorsports Association to go to at Wiltshire and 12 Mile. The Viper Club of America was at the Caribou Coffee at the intersection, and a guy lives about 2 blocks from there had free food & pop and a porta potty in his front yard. Cops with a motorcycle parked behind a tree running radar on a 25mph side street. Was lots 'o fun. If I saw just 1 Shelby at Art Vann, I would have stopped before the party when I was going Southbound. My GF was looking for them too. Where are you guys going to be this weekend???

1984rampage
08-16-2008, 09:44 PM
HOLY DEAD THREAD!!! The first post was over 2 years ago!!!