PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 89 Caravan LE turbo rebuilt engine/trans, forged pistons, busted flexplate, Wv

Darkwolf
02-06-2012, 02:20 AM
Date: 06th February 2012
Username: Darkwolf
Full Name: Matt Kessler
City, State, Zip: Huntington Wv 25705
Selling or Wanted Price: $600

Description:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104876167152869459551/Van
Some recent pics
http://users.marshall.edu/~kessler8/van/index.html (http://users.marshall.edu/%7Ekessler8/van/index.html)
That page shows most of the work I've done to it over the last 12 years.
I'll list off the big points
Rebuilt engine with forged pistons
Garrett turbo off an 89 dodge daytona shelby
ARP head stud and rod bolts
Rebuilt trans with a NAN heavy duty torque converter and new axles
The engine and trans have less than 20k miles on them
Adjustable timing gear

Recent things not on the web page
New fuel pump and exhaust this summer
Brand spanking new battery

It has power everything and working A/C. The power door locks only work if the driver's side door is closed though, bad wire.

The van looks like crap inside and out. The best looking part of the van is underneath. It has lots of rattles, clanks, and wind noise thanks to bad window seals when driving on the interstate but still rides and drives good or did ;).It had a tick that I thought was a sticky lifter but ended up being the flexplate which finally broke completely and stranded me so it DOES NOT RUN and will need to be towed. Other than the typical bad chrysler paint and surface rust it has the common rust holes in front of the rear wheels. I half assed fixed those a couple years ago just to make the inspection people happy. It has dents and dings throughout with the worst being on the sliding door. The interior is tired and filthy but the seats are not torn up. I've mainly been using this to transport my dogs and mountain bike around the last few years. The radio was stolen last year and they broke the trim around it. I really don't want to fix the flexplate and if I have to to sell this I'll will but I'll probably increase the price too. I may also part it out but really the only things of value on it are the engine and trans and I'd want what I'm asking for the whole thing for just the engine and trans. Plus I'm lazy and don't really want to deal with it.

Extras that will go with it
2.5 common block in pieces includes a head but no manifolds and the crank is rough
mazda 626 intercooler and the tubing to reinstall it
New flexplate I bought one to fix it but ended up finding a new car instead
New waterpump the current one is starting to rot internally was planning to replace it this spring
Think I still have everything to go back to the passenger van style headlights

Also I'm planning to keep the wheels and tires that are on the van. I know that is a pita but the car I bought to replace the van only came with snow tires and the van has brand new all season on it and the crabs fit the new car.

Ubmbass
02-07-2012, 12:13 AM
DAmn, I wish you were closer

omni_840
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Bump for a good guy and seller!

I'm may take the engine if no one takes the whole thing:)

VT91
02-07-2012, 08:34 PM
I'd be interested if I get enough back in taxes :D