PDA

View Full Version : How to figure what sort of calibration I need

DefaultPeanut
02-03-2012, 03:01 AM
I have come to the point where I will need to have the computer reworked so I do not melt my engine!

As it stands, it is a 2.5 T1 engine and computer with stock fuel components and electronics, ported exhaust mani, T3 super 60 turbo, FMIC and larger TB.
There is just the stock MAP sensor at the moment, but I do have a 3 bar ready to use if need be. Who would be a decent person to speak with about computer calibrations?
With what I have outlined, would a larger TB be advantageous, or a moot point? I have a larger than stock (have not measured yet) TB and was wondering if it would be worth while to clean up for use.
Similarly, Would running higher boost levels require higher flow injectors? I have a set of +20s that came with the car. Use the +20s or will stock injectors and fuel rail suffice? Also, will the stock pump put up with all of this?

The O2 in the exhaust system is a single wire at the moment. I have plans to wire up an AEM UEGO Wideband. Will this require me to use the stock single wire, or can it be integrated into the computer for further tuning?

Forgive me for any dumb questions - but I am still fairly green with automotive electronics and tuning.

roachjuice
02-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Shel-game. Talk to him.

Aries_Turbo
02-03-2012, 10:12 AM
it all depends on your goals.

you wanna go 20+psi on the setup? get +40's and a 255lph pump.

you gonna do 15-18psi? you should be able to get by with the stock pump and the +20's that you have now if the fuel system is in good shape. new filter, etc.

i probably wouldnt bother with a larger throttle body.

as for the cal, get a socketed computer (what year computer setup you running in what car?) and stop in over at simons automotive and have him burn the boostbutton stage 3 2.5L cal if you are sticking with the stock pump and +20's and the 3-bar sensor.

depending on what you are running for your boost target, you may need to up the overboost setting a tad in the stage 3 cal.

brian

roachjuice
02-03-2012, 01:03 PM
it all depends on your goals.

you wanna go 20+psi on the setup? get +40's and a 255lph pump.

you gonna do 15-18psi? you should be able to get by with the stock pump and the +20's that you have now if the fuel system is in good shape. new filter, etc.

i probably wouldnt bother with a larger throttle body.

as for the cal, get a socketed computer (what year computer setup you running in what car?) and stop in over at simons automotive and have him burn the boostbutton stage 3 2.5L cal if you are sticking with the stock pump and +20's and the 3-bar sensor.

depending on what you are running for your boost target, you may need to up the overboost setting a tad in the stage 3 cal.

brian

I ran 20psi with a stock fuel pump :)

turbovanmanČ
02-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Good advice from Brian.

Don't bother with the larger tb.

I would check out the stock pump, I can do it or you can, but I can also check the brush's.

IF bad, 255 pump and I would run the +20's and 3 bar. I can get your computer socketed and burn you a cal.

As for the wideband, you need to add another bung for it, you need to keep your stock oxygen sensor and that fitting is too close the manifold-too hot so it will kill the wideband sensor quickly.

GLHNSLHT2
02-03-2012, 02:48 PM
larger than a stock 46mm TB on a 1 piece intake is a waste of time. It's not your restriction.

ditch the stock O2 and run an Innovate Wideband setup :)