PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up an 08 Black CSRT-4!

tehdrizzle
01-31-2012, 05:00 PM
Well after much deciding and shopping around for a new toy I finally decided to pull the trigger on an 08 CSRT yesterday! She's got exactly 38,592 miles as she sits and they were asking a crazy amount of $18,995 but I was able to pick her up for $16,500 out the door. She's bone stock and not even a chip in the paint from rocks. Compared to how my NSRT-4 felt stock for stock this thing feels so much better and is more comfortable. Anyway onto a few pics from when I picked her up yesterday from the dealership:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd432/tehfume/2012-01-27124703.jpg

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd432/tehfume/2012-01-27124715.jpg

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd432/tehfume/2012-01-27124624.jpg

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd432/tehfume/2012-01-27124633.jpg

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd432/tehfume/2012-01-27124643.jpg

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd432/tehfume/2012-01-27124653.jpg

Since this will be a summer toy she's tucked away already in the garage and I've already ordered the first wave of parts. Just ordered the depo black headlights, dual scangauge, Autometer Ultra-Lite mechanical boost gauge, AEM Uego, MPx triple gauge pillar pod, SRT nostril badge, and road race springs. In the next couple of weeks I'll also be ordering the ms1k, agp fmic, mpx catless downpipe, and agp hardpipe with an hks bov, and bop. I have heard that just with the ms1k these are almost as fast as a stage 3 NSRT-4. I'm looking forward to modding her :thumb:.

MNmopar
01-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Very nice man! I'd like to get one myself.

cordes
01-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Congrats on the new ride. I was very impressed by those when I saw them run at SDAC.

iTurbo
01-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Congratulation on the purchase! As a fellow CSRT owner, I think you will be very happy with the car. I've owned mine for about 2 1/2 years now and have racked up about 17k miles on it. So far the only power upgrade I have done on mine is the Mopar stage I ECU (MS1). I also got a shorty antenna to from Modern Performance and a Mopar SRT emblem in the front grille which I think should have came stock as it fits perfect even though it's from the Charger/Challenger.

I've heard lots of good things about the RealTune MS1K tune (shorthand for MS1 Killer), but to tell you the truth, I'm more than happy with the car's performance with only the MS1 so I've held off on getting it. My opinion that it is a little overpriced even thought the reviews are 99% positive. I mean $550 plus you have to send in a core.....jeez. I'll keep spending my money on TIII performance parts which is my real obsession.

Right now the only thing I'm upgrading on my car is the stock radio. Mine came stock with the REC navigation unit, but I recently got an RER MyGig navigation unit from an '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee which has the touchscreen interface with USB input etc... I also recently got a Kiwi Wifi with DashCommand app but I'm not too thrilled with it and may end up going with the dual scangauge setup instead.

tehdrizzle
01-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Congratulation on the purchase! As a fellow CSRT owner, I think you will be very happy with the car. I've owned mine for about 2 1/2 years now and have racked up about 17k miles on it. So far the only power upgrade I have done on mine is the Mopar stage I ECU (MS1). I also got a shorty antenna to from Modern Performance and a Mopar SRT emblem in the front grille which I think should have came stock as it fits perfect even though it's from the Charger/Challenger.

I've heard lots of good things about the RealTune MS1K tune (shorthand for MS1 Killer), but to tell you the truth, I'm more than happy with the car's performance with only the MS1 so I've held off on getting it. My opinion that it is a little overpriced even thought the reviews are 99% positive. I mean $550 plus you have to send in a core.....jeez. I'll keep spending my money on TIII performance parts which is my real obsession.

Right now the only thing I'm upgrading on my car is the stock radio. Mine came stock with the REC navigation unit, but I recently got an RER MyGig navigation unit from an '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee which has the touchscreen interface with USB input etc... I also recently got a Kiwi Wifi with DashCommand app but I'm not too thrilled with it and may end up going with the dual scangauge setup instead.

I'm thrilled with the performance of this thing as it sits and it's in the garage waiting out the rest of winter now after a wash and wax today since it was high 50's today. My AGP oil catch can, valve cover, breather, and BWoody check valve should be here tomorrow according to UPS. I think I'm going to wait on most of the performance parts like the MS1K, AGP intercooler, and exhaust until next year since I'm sure I'll be wanting more by then, plus I'll get a baseline dyno this year at Lane Automotive to see what it is stock and then after I throw the parts at it.

iTurbo
02-03-2012, 01:18 AM
What are you getting for the valve cover? I powder coated a new one I got from wholesalemopar.com and it turned out pretty good. I've been wanting an aftermarket downpipe from NeedsWings but just can't justify it yet since the car just hauls compared to my other cars. And I do like having a quiet car for once!! Needswings is having a sale this month on their intake setup so maybe I'll finally do that.

tehdrizzle
02-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Not to sure about the valve cover at this point. I just got the windows tinted today (5% all around except for the windshield which got 20%) and will be removing the headlights tomorrow to black them out. I'll probably just leave the stock valve cover and get one of those coil covers to clean the cover up a bit.

Punish'nRice
02-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Congrats on the new ride. You should check out calibersrt4.net, its an awesome forum and the people are very helpful. A lot of good people on there. MS1K is awesome and well worth the price tag IMO. The only add ons I had was MS1K, SRI, turbo back exhaust, check valve, light wieght crank pulley, 1 step colder plugs and my CSRT4 put down 324Whp with 354 Ft.:thumb:

tehdrizzle
02-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Congrats on the new ride. You should check out calibersrt4.net, its an awesome forum and the people are very helpful. A lot of good people on there. MS1K is awesome and well worth the price tag IMO. The only add ons I had was MS1K, SRI, turbo back exhaust, check valve, light wieght crank pulley, 1 step colder plugs and my CSRT4 put down 324Whp with 354 Ft.:thumb:

Those are pretty nice numbers for just those mods. I'm actually a member on there already with the same screen name.

91SCOOTERBUG
06-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Nice man