PDA

View Full Version : T25 Turbo in a civic

dgblake2008
07-29-2006, 05:55 PM
im thinking about puttin a t25 into my d16y8 civic...my buddy got me the t25, and im just researching about how it will affect my car, i dont want to kill my tranny or my engine, one of my friends has warned me of shortening my engines life drastically, anyone with a little more knowledge please get back to me. i just started in with cars and need all the help i can get, c ya for now

Dave
07-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Try Ricers.net?

JDAWG
07-29-2006, 06:04 PM
lol

but seriously, yea any additional power added to a drivetrain can have bad effects, i have heard honda fuel systems can handle around 5psi no problem, will your engine or trans break? Who knows what kind of shape is it in? Could last a week or 10 years. If its you dd, i wouldnt do it

dgblake2008
07-29-2006, 06:04 PM
thanks for the help buddy :) id only be a ricer if i was ignorant enough to think i knew what i was talking about

JDAWG
07-29-2006, 06:06 PM
thanks for the help buddy :) id only be a ricer if i was ignorant enough to think i knew what i was talking about
not to be a dick, but if you are asking these questions then yea you dont know what you are talking about, you are really vague, thats why my answer above is really vague

dgblake2008
07-29-2006, 06:09 PM
check my private message

DeckSetter
07-29-2006, 06:49 PM
not to be a dick, but if you are asking these questions then yea you dont know what you are talking about, you are really vague, thats why my answer above is really vague

I don't know, I'm pretty sure a ricer would come in calling his civic "madd tyt3, y0" and saying it was going to kick some dodge butt. We haven't even found out his sticker count yet.

Anyway, if you're running the stock engine, don't expect to run more than 8psi or so, maybe even that, unless you want to blow it up. I don't know one honda engine from another, but I know a guy at the local Advance Auto Parts that blew his up at 7500rpms the week after he put in his FRESHLY BUILT motor, so I'm a little leary of them.

dgblake2008
07-29-2006, 11:04 PM
haha i have 2 stickers, make me a ricer? haha well w/e i dont really care, i never push my car that high i have a rev limiter of 7,000 anyways, i am only gonna run 6 psi, so its not that much, my buddy runs 8 psi in both his del sol and civic, and they both run just fine, and they are both just b16's...i just dont wanna do anything to my car that is gonna screw me over where i have to buy a new engine or something...

Will Martin
07-29-2006, 11:52 PM
My neighbor, Kent, has a T25 turbo Civic. He bought the kit from Taiwan (his home before moving to canada). No tuning, no boost controller, running wastegate tension at 5-6 psi. It's not riced out or anything; the car impressed the hell out of me. Those heads must really flow because that car hits full boost almost instantly, plus the fact that the turbo is really small, but it's still a good conversion for the price.

Una
07-29-2006, 11:55 PM
I have a co-worker with that tiny --- turbo on his Accord.. 2.2L engine with a REDICULOUSLY small turbo.. Told him when he burns out the turbo I'll help him bolt on a holset and get some real performance. ;)

WVRampage
07-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Im sure at 6psi you will be fine just make sure you upgrade the fuel and spark.

iTurbo
07-30-2006, 12:18 AM
My brother has a T25 on his turbo Cutlass. It's a pretty big T25 though. With 11 psi boost on his setup it made 227 WHP and 320 WTQ. It spools instantanesouly....never any need to brake torque it from a roll.

dgblake2008
07-30-2006, 12:33 AM
yeah i did some research and it seems like everyone is runnin a T25, mine is the stock turbo off the talons i beleive, but i priced out some stuff off ebay, what my buddy john did, (240sx, pushes 400+ hp 16 psi) and his runs perfectly fine, i will run a low boost, i would tune it properly, but no where to tune around here at all im from New hampshire...lol, any suggestions on keepin it safe and motor running well let me know thanks a bunch everyone

iTurbo
07-30-2006, 12:38 AM
Most OEM T25 turbos don't flow a whole lot and I think you'd be hard pressed to get more than 250 WHP out of one. There are lots of upgrades though that retain the T25 frame size. Check out ATPTurbo.com, they have lots of options that bolt right in place of a T25, like the GT28RS.

daytonaturbo87
07-30-2006, 01:27 AM
be sure to look into something for engine management as well. I know several people are having good luck with emanage. It's a piggyback engine controller. The computer outputs it's stock injector pulsewidths and ignition timing. The piggyback intercepts them and alters them to a level you have tuned it to. By doing that you can add fuel and retard spark when boost comes on. And yes, you should be doing both, adding fuel, and retarding spark, especially considering you are probably gonna be keeping your stock pistons so you'll be running a higher compression ratio than our turbo mopars. You should also investigate possible fuel system upgrades that may be needed, like fuel pump, regulator, injectors.

turbovanmanČ
07-30-2006, 01:40 AM
I moved it to the correct section.

No offense but why aren't you on a Honda forum? this is about Turbo Mopars?

boost geek
07-30-2006, 02:03 AM
Instead of spending all that money just to run 6 pounds, buy a cheap turbo Dodge and run 20.:thumb:

dgblake2008
07-30-2006, 04:27 PM
is it possible to run without engine management? greddy emanange is around 600 bucks, quite a bit for a poor little kid like me...or any cheaper solutions? any possibility that that isnt needed for 6 psi...?

WVRampage
07-30-2006, 04:33 PM
A cheaper solution to boost is a cheap turbo dodge,and it will have more than 6 psi.

DeckSetter
07-30-2006, 04:57 PM
greddy emanange is around 600 bucks,

wow, I could buy another turbo mopar for that.

Una
07-30-2006, 06:31 PM
wow, I could buy another turbo mopar for that.
hahahha.. So true.. Two of them if you buy wisely. ;)

GLHSKEN
07-31-2006, 06:14 AM
Try Ricers.net?

Not funny, not here Bryan.

GLHSKEN
07-31-2006, 06:16 AM
is it possible to run without engine management? greddy emanange is around 600 bucks, quite a bit for a poor little kid like me...or any cheaper solutions? any possibility that that isnt needed for 6 psi...?

You'll just wind up blowing stuff up. And that is even more expensive.

Frank
07-31-2006, 07:55 AM
im thinking about puttin a t25 into my d16y8 civic...my buddy got me the t25, and im just researching about how it will affect my car, i dont want to kill my tranny or my engine, one of my friends has warned me of shortening my engines life drastically, anyone with a little more knowledge please get back to me. i just started in with cars and need all the help i can get, c ya for now

Send Aries_Turbo a PM. A friend of ours has a civic with a turbo kit on it... it isnt even a VTEC motor, and the thing is great. Talk to him.

Oh and for those above that said Honda forums... they dont know much about turbo cars... there are some gold mines of information that can be had, but its hard to weive thru all the propaganda in google from actual ricer products.

Good luck on your mods.... Honda's with turbos are pretty impressive!

Frank

turbovanmanČ
07-31-2006, 12:54 PM
Oh and for those above that said Honda forums... they dont know much about turbo cars... there are some gold mines of information that can be had, but its hard to weive thru all the propaganda in google from actual ricer products.

Good luck on your mods.... Honda's with turbos are pretty impressive!

Frank

Good call, like the SRT4 aka Skittles forums, :lol:

Turbos help get back that non existent torque, which is nice, :thumb:

Frank
07-31-2006, 01:11 PM
Good call, like the SRT4 aka Skittles forums, :lol:

Turbos help get back that non existent torque, which is nice, :thumb:

Well not really on the non VTEC motors... well at least in the range of the power band you see on the street. When it comes to the track well you dont have to have alot of torque when you can just up the revs.

Frank

dgblake2008
07-31-2006, 03:25 PM
yeah mine is VTEC im gonna pick up a second job pretty soon cuz my mom refuses to let me put money into my car, im gonna run uberdata for management i believe, or thats what my friend advised me to do. once i turbo my car we are going down to connecticut to get them tuned, his buddy owns turbokits.com and owns a dyno down there. looks like im going to be spending a lot more money than i first thought, i was shooting for about 220 hp and 200 torque, without having to dump a bunch of money into internals and managemant, but i guess im going to lol

Frank
07-31-2006, 05:07 PM
yeah mine is VTEC im gonna pick up a second job pretty soon cuz my mom refuses to let me put money into my car, im gonna run uberdata for management i believe, or thats what my friend advised me to do. once i turbo my car we are going down to connecticut to get them tuned, his buddy owns turbokits.com and owns a dyno down there. looks like im going to be spending a lot more money than i first thought, i was shooting for about 220 hp and 200 torque, without having to dump a bunch of money into internals and managemant, but i guess im going to lol

Well if it is your only car, by all means do not turbo it... the most you should do is the exhaust, intake, etc. Its not worth having your primary driver down for something like this.

Frank

show-off
07-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Well if it is your only car, by all means do not turbo it... the most you should do is the exhaust, intake, etc. Its not worth having your primary driver down for something like this.

Frank
I would 2nd that one. Great Advice. DO NOT turbo your DD!!!!

dgblake2008
07-31-2006, 10:14 PM
ok...thanks for all the help guys, but i already have all that stuff done...and i got anotehr question, nothing to do with turboes, but how do i get rid of the bogginess below 3,200 rpms with my cold air? i have no power at all because of it, i take it off and im fine the in the low rpms, i know a fix for mazda, but not for honda

Dave
07-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Sorry Ken, but this is a Turbo Mopar forum, not Honda's. Can't stand imports. Buy America my friend. :thumb:

WVRampage
07-31-2006, 11:01 PM
A turbo DD is a hard thing to have.But in regards to who would now the most about turbos other than this group so I nderstand him asking and it takes some big ones to ask the guys that beat you for advice knowing some will flame you.

boost geek
07-31-2006, 11:11 PM
We're just jealous that most of those guys have 16v heads, most of us guys dont.
I know I wish I had one...

JDAWG
07-31-2006, 11:18 PM
What exhaust are you running? On a NA engine you need backpressure. Most people gut the cats and put on like 2.5" exhaust which will kill you bottom end. Although if you go turbo all that will be opposite. About the cold air, do you have one of those that goes way down to the ground? If so that is your problem, probably intake pipe too big which decreases the velocity of air going into your engine. Just use a shorty in the engine compartment. Beside those ones 2" off the ground are only good for race cars that dont drive in the wet. I have seen 4 or 5 cars come through the shop with locked engines because of sucking water into the engine.

On another note yea 16v makes all the difference in the world. I raced a guy in a hatchback civic running a t3 at 6psi, he had basic stuff and open down pipe, i figured even match cause I am running 12psi. Yea right he handed my --- to me. Talked to the guy, pretty cool guy. He knew alot and did the setup himself. Not the typical 'ricer'. Actually his car was stock except for lowered and 17" rims.

GLHSKEN
08-01-2006, 06:23 AM
Sorry Ken, but this is a Turbo Mopar forum, not Honda's. Can't stand imports. Buy America my friend. :thumb:

Sorry Dave, Then keep your sarcasm to yourself. If you can't respect someone doing things right or trying to, you are not a car enthusiast.

Do not reply again

Frank
08-01-2006, 06:35 AM
ok...thanks for all the help guys, but i already have all that stuff done...and i got anotehr question, nothing to do with turboes, but how do i get rid of the bogginess below 3,200 rpms with my cold air? i have no power at all because of it, i take it off and im fine the in the low rpms, i know a fix for mazda, but not for honda

If you are in the process of turboing it right now, I think your bogginess will be solved with the extra low-rpm airflow you will have. What is the turbo you are running?

The reason the CAI made more bogginess is more perspective. It probably made your top end WAY more responsive while leaving your bottom end around the same, so proportionally it made it seem boggier, but it probably isnt because it doesnt make sense as to why.

Frank

turbovanmanČ
08-02-2006, 04:52 AM
Is your cam timing off. I am just playing with one at work and the cam was off one tooth. It was spongy around town but pulled well up top. I figured it out because I couldn't set the ig timing properly, the dist was moved all the way with nothing left.