PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with painting.

ShelbyZD
07-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Well.. basically I painted a couple large sections of my blue daytona because of paint peel. I manged to get the base coat of blue looking quiet good but I can't figure out how to get that nice shine out of the clear coat.. if I even can with a spray bomb. The last time I sanded the clear coat down so it was super smooth and put 2 more layers of clear coat on but it still doesn't look very shiny. :( Is it something I'm doing wrong (aside from not getting a professional to paint it.. heh).

Thanks for any help. :)

87glhs232
07-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Well.. basically I painted a couple large sections of my blue daytona because of paint peel. I manged to get the base coat of blue looking quiet good but I can't figure out how to get that nice shine out of the clear coat.. if I even can with a spray bomb. The last time I sanded the clear coat down so it was super smooth and put 2 more layers of clear coat on but it still doesn't look very shiny. :( Is it something I'm doing wrong (aside from not getting a professional to paint it.. heh).

Thanks for any help. :)

Are you polishing/buffing?

ShelbyZD
07-29-2006, 10:15 PM
It's been in my mind.. but I just couldn't bring myself to believe it would make it shiny.

87glhs232
07-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Oh it does. I bet it has a haze?

daytonaturbo87
07-30-2006, 01:29 AM
are you wetsanding then buffing after the clear's dry?

ShelbyZD
07-30-2006, 03:34 PM
No.. obviously that must be what Im doing wrong. I have a super fine grit sandpaper that Im wetsanding with between layers, but I didn't buff any of the clear layers. :(

I bet it has a haze?

Yup.