PDA

View Full Version : Some more testing.

glhs875
07-29-2006, 08:49 AM
I went back to the track to see how good my new cal and alky kit works. Well my seat of the pants feeling was right, those 2 mods are making more power. Although it really didn't show on the timeslips of the 3 runs I got in. That was because I broke traction on every run, and would have to get completely out of the throttle, let the tires rebite, and then lay into it again. I did manage a best ever pure street tire time at this track though with an 8.58 @ 89+ mph. On my second pass which was an 8.69 @ 90mph, I managed to keep the tires planted in 1st and into 2nd by throttle control, then after I went WOT about halfway through 2nd (about 70mph) the tires broke loose, and I was heading for the guard rail!! A little scary! Trying to run a 7 second pass on pure streets is not easy! Back to the drawing board. My 60's were in the 2.16 range.

GLHS592
07-29-2006, 09:18 AM
When are you gonna break down and buy some slicks? :)

Seriously, 90 mph in the 1/8th is great! What alky kit did you go with or did you build your own?

unluckyty
07-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Nice times, good mph. An auto trans was the only way I could get a good launch on steet tires.

Is the cal, you are running specific to the alky inj?

Greg

glhs875
07-30-2006, 02:43 AM
When are you gonna break down and buy some slicks? :)

Seriously, 90 mph in the 1/8th is great! What alky kit did you go with or did you build your own?

When I hit #1 in the 1/8th on pure streets in a TD. I have to run a 7.8 something, have to check the time slips for the exact #. I just moved into 3rd place tonight of all who spoke up anyway, by pulling ahead of Kevin Davis' 8.39 pass with an 8.35!!! Take that Kevin D!!! :evil: The alky kit is an SMC. The same one Kevin D has.

glhs875
07-30-2006, 02:48 AM
Nice times, good mph. An auto trans was the only way I could get a good launch on steet tires.

Is the cal, you are running specific to the alky inj?

Greg

I run an auto. The cal is just a just an 86T1 2 bar with some timing tweaks, and with the rev limiter raised, and no overboost shut down. I may have to tweak the fuel curve a little in the upper revs. It's going lean above 6000rpm as I raise the boost above 22psi. I'm shifting a 6400 to 6600 rpm right now.