PDA

View Full Version : were to ground the CTS on a t1 semc

5sp. mini
07-29-2006, 08:30 AM
i swaped a 88 t2 semc in to my 89 mini van/ i,ve ran the air charge temp. sensor wire but i need to ground the other end off the sensor. i installed the new wire to the cts into #21 but in my FSM i didnot see a ground for sensors but theres a gound in the small plug? if some one can help me out thanks and i also need a plug to the CTS i call it a air charge temp. but the fsm has it as the charge temp sensor. alan

JDAWG
07-29-2006, 12:00 PM
i thought both wires wen to the smec. Oh you know that a 88t2 is designed for a 2.2 and you have a 2.5, did you do anything to the fuel?

5sp. mini
07-29-2006, 07:16 PM
i.m looking for a ground in the wiring diagrams fsm right now. i have a 2.2 in the van / the 2.5 was a low oil presser when hot so i had a spare. and only one 2.2 semc that was in my daytona so i waited till i got this semc and i swap,a 5sp. so orthe than the cts thats all i,m waiting on. hoping with the 2.2 semc my gas mileage will go up. alan

looneytuner
07-29-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm pretty sure the black with blue stripe is the universal ground for sensors. Check the manual though. I have been wrong many times.

5sp. mini
07-29-2006, 08:51 PM
ya thats it #4 . i didnot have a conecktor for my air temp. charge sensor i used one from a 2003 4.7 durango i had the wires and sensor so i hooked it up and nomore check eng. light thanks for he help. alan

turbovanmanČ
07-29-2006, 10:19 PM
You can hook it up to ground or better yet, use the TPS ground, use the C cavity, black with a blue stripe.

butchsuppe
07-30-2006, 01:05 AM
I wired ALL my sensors straight to batt. grd a year ago. Works great, had no problems at all.

turbovanmanČ
07-30-2006, 01:12 AM
I wired ALL my sensors straight to batt. grd a year ago. Works great, had no problems at all.

When your dealing with the computer sensors, putting them into the computer ground is the best thing to do.

butchsuppe
08-20-2006, 10:48 PM
When your dealing with the computer sensors, putting them into the computer ground is the best thing to do.
All the computer grds go to grd via the gruonding wires at the fuel rail, which is grounded via gound cable to eng. block. A grd is a grd is a grd etc. etc. etc.

turbovanmanČ
08-21-2006, 02:10 AM
All the computer grds go to grd via the gruonding wires at the fuel rail, which is grounded via gound cable to eng. block. A grd is a grd is a grd etc. etc. etc.

Actually, if you look at the wiring, the computer takes all the sensor grounds internally, :nod:

butchsuppe
08-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Actually, if you look at the wiring, the computer takes all the sensor grounds internally, :nod:
And are on the same circuit as the computer grd according to my Chrysler ECU training manual. Which in turn go to fuel rail grd, which is ground by the grd cable from the batt. This ain,t rocket science, a grd is a grd is a grd etc, etc