PDA

View Full Version : Removing Shelby Charger Headlights

CDNTurboZ
07-28-2006, 10:55 PM
How do you remove/install the headlights on a shelby charger without damaging the paint??

One of the screws to take the headlight cover off is accessable but the other one it seems the only way to remove it is to push down on the nose in that area and the screwdriver ends up scratching, etc

Is there some other way that I am missing???

thanks
steve

87glhs232
07-28-2006, 11:21 PM
Heh...yeah, I'd like to know too. Maybe put down a couple layers of the blue painters tape for protection? It's REALLY a pain. I just did both, and scratched the poop out of mine.

GLHS592
07-29-2006, 08:30 AM
Maybe put down a couple layers of the blue painters tape for protection?

That's all you can do. Just be careful and you won't scratch anything. Or, you could pop the nose off your car. :p

87glhs232
07-29-2006, 09:19 AM
That's all you can do. Just be careful and you won't scratch anything. Or, you could pop the nose off your car. :p

So the nose comes off without the lights? Good to know since I'm taking mine off this weekend for prep and paint. I REALLY was worried about getting it back on and the lights in without hurting the new paint. Thanks Kevin! :thumb:

GLHS592
07-29-2006, 09:20 AM
So the nose comes off without the lights? Good to know since I'm taking mine off this weekend for prep and paint. I REALLY was worried about getting it back on and the lights in without hurting the new paint. Thanks Kevin! :thumb:

I was just kidding. It would be WAY more time consuming to do that. Actually, the fascia support has to be removed from the rubber nose to get to the headlights.

87glhs232
07-29-2006, 10:52 AM
drat.

CDNTurboZ
07-29-2006, 04:41 PM
thanks for the help guys!