PDA

View Full Version : Rock Auto's Shipping.

DodgeZ
01-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I am trying to order some engine parts until I saw the shipping cost. 85 dollars seems like a mistake. 22 dollars just to ship main bearings unless I am reading it wrong?

wheming
01-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Nope doesn't look like you are reading it wrong...
The bad thing about rockauto is the shipping. Your order is coming from 4 different warehouses.

The only thing heavy there is the clutch kit.
The rest doesn't look heavy.

my android sent this for me using Tapatalk...

135sohc
01-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Can you consolidate where its shipping from ? I know its not always possible and this might be one of those situations however..

black86glhs
01-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Maybe they are having a guy walk them all the way to your house? Otherwise, $22 is awfully high for a main set. :(

wheming
01-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I don't think you get to pick when it comes to shipping.

Time to price from the local boys. They should be able to get the same brand stuff but you might have to special order. Sometimes even with shipping rockauto is cheaper.

my android sent this for me using Tapatalk...

black86glhs
01-01-2012, 11:31 PM
I use them all the time, so I understand. I never have paid that much for shipping for a main set from them.

135sohc
01-01-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't think you get to pick when it comes to shipping.

Time to price from the local boys. They should be able to get the same brand stuff but you might have to special order. Sometimes even with shipping rockauto is cheaper.

There are times when you cant choose shipping from them. Say for the simple stuff like bearings that dont weigh anything but the particular location where they are stocked may only have ups/fedex available and those companies charge more for shipping small packages than the post office and their $10.95 flat rate box.

RockAuto
01-02-2012, 09:55 AM
To minimize shipping costs:

* Use the truck icons in the shopping cart and in the catalog to help you minimize the number of locations your order will ship from. As you add parts to the shopping cart, the truck icons with letters represent the location where your part will be shipping from (location A, B, C, etc.). A blank truck icon in the catalog is showing you that the particular part is available from the same location as a part in your shopping cart.
* Ship to your office or business, rather than your home (commercial rates are lower).

We try to make our shipping charges match what carriers charge us. We do not consider shipping a "profit center" -- on the contrary, we pass on to customers the discounts we receive from carriers. For some orders, the shipping cost does include more than just the postage you see on the box you receive. Examples include:

* Additional fees charged by our suppliers for shipping special-order items directly to consumers
* Costs of inbound shipping from suppliers who will not ship internationally to us before forwarding them on to you (applies only to international or APO/FPO orders of certain low-volume parts)
* Impact of choosing higher-cost suppliers for some parts so everything on an order can ship together (when the cost difference between suppliers is lower than the cost of shipping a separate box)

If any of these situations exists with your order, it's reflected in the shipping cost you see before you submit the order. We never add extra charges after the order is submitted--what you agree to pay when you enter the order is what you will be charged.

shackwrrr
01-02-2012, 10:02 AM
I wanna know why so much for a clutch. A t2/t3 clutch from fwd is only 160 and a spec stage 1 is only 310.

RockAuto
01-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Please contact our customer service department for further inquiries. They can be reached by email at service@rockauto.com or by phone 866-762-5288.

DodgeZ
01-02-2012, 04:16 PM
To minimize shipping costs:

* Use the truck icons in the shopping cart and in the catalog to help you minimize the number of locations your order will ship from. As you add parts to the shopping cart, the truck icons with letters represent the location where your part will be shipping from (location A, B, C, etc.). A blank truck icon in the catalog is showing you that the particular part is available from the same location as a part in your shopping cart.
* Ship to your office or business, rather than your home (commercial rates are lower).

We try to make our shipping charges match what carriers charge us. We do not consider shipping a "profit center" -- on the contrary, we pass on to customers the discounts we receive from carriers. For some orders, the shipping cost does include more than just the postage you see on the box you receive. Examples include:

* Additional fees charged by our suppliers for shipping special-order items directly to consumers
* Costs of inbound shipping from suppliers who will not ship internationally to us before forwarding them on to you (applies only to international or APO/FPO orders of certain low-volume parts)
* Impact of choosing higher-cost suppliers for some parts so everything on an order can ship together (when the cost difference between suppliers is lower than the cost of shipping a separate box)

If any of these situations exists with your order, it's reflected in the shipping cost you see before you submit the order. We never add extra charges after the order is submitted--what you agree to pay when you enter the order is what you will be charged.

You guys have good pricing but when you figure in shipping the good deal goes away. I am glad to hear you only charge what the carriers fees are. However I don't understand how it cost 33 bucks to ship a flywheel, cluch disk and PP, with a bulky sized timing belt cover but for a small light box with main bearings it is 22 dollars. The motor mount and and timing belt only cost 11 bucks to ship and they are bigger and heavier. I can't see the logic in that. 38 bucks to ship rod bearings and main bearings isn't going to work. The cost of the same bearings at the local parts isn't much more then what you are going to charge just for shipping.

Thanks for your time. I figured I'd give you a shot since you are a vendor. :(

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

I wanna know why so much for a clutch. A t2/t3 clutch from fwd is only 160 and a spec stage 1 is only 310. It is an SRT4 clutch which includes a flywheel also.

shackwrrr
01-02-2012, 05:01 PM
You guys have good pricing but when you figure in shipping the good deal goes away. I am glad to hear you only charge what the carriers fees are. However I don't understand how it cost 33 bucks to ship a flywheel, cluch disk and PP, with a bulky sized timing belt cover but for a small light box with main bearings it is 22 dollars. The motor mount and and timing belt only cost 11 bucks to ship and they are bigger and heavier. I can't see the logic in that. 38 bucks to ship rod bearings and main bearings isn't going to work. The cost of the same bearings at the local parts isn't much more then what you are going to charge just for shipping.

Thanks for your time. I figured I'd give you a shot since you are a vendor. :(

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

It is an SRT4 clutch which includes a flywheel also.

Oh, I saw the 17 spline and thought 523/568