PDA

View Full Version : TIII Torque Specs

rbrthrly900
12-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Hey, going to be replacing lifter... Just would like to know the torque specs on the bolts that I will be removing... Thanks...

Also, just want to make sure this is a cut and dry as possible.. Have not taken one of these apart, and want to make sure I do everything right... Seems pretty simple... When removing everything, I just have to make sure that I keep some sort of plastic piece... Anyone have any photos of the process or anything>??

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks..

ScottD
12-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Hey, going to be replacing lifter... Just would like to know the torque specs on the bolts that I will be removing... Thanks...

Also, just want to make sure this is a cut and dry as possible.. Have not taken one of these apart, and want to make sure I do everything right... Seems pretty simple... When removing everything, I just have to make sure that I keep some sort of plastic piece... Anyone have any photos of the process or anything>??

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks..

Did you get the specs I emailed you?

rbrthrly900
03-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Hey, so I took the valve cover off today to take a look and replace the lifter, and to my surprise, a bolt that holds down the rocker shaft was all the way out, and being held on/in by the valve cover... haha.. not really that funny, but you can imagine... Anyhow, it was not a lifter making all that noise, it was the "retainer" piece hitting the rocker sometimes... That is why it made noise sometimes, and no noise others... Sometimes it was super loud... Also fixed my Serp. Belt, and now the vehicle makes no noises... The Injectors are all you hear!!!