PDA

View Full Version : 87 pacifica nose with a 89 shelby lip?

zshadow
07-26-2006, 03:36 PM
hey guys

i went to the junkyard this weekend and happened to pick up a front lip off of a 89 shelby tuna for 20$ and i was wonderin if itd possable to put it on the bottom of the nose on the 87 pacifica tuna that i have now. i dont have the nose on the car yet, nor do i have the clips to mount it, and since the paint is junky id like to paint it before i put it on the car.

any idea if itll fit? i see there are tabs and holes at the bottom of the nose, and it looks ideal that it might fit and bolt right up, but im not sure if the 87 pac and the 89 shelb nose is a different length of width or whatever.

imput please!!! :)

~Kevin

85shelbycharger
07-27-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm almost positive that the front lip won't work on your car. The '87 and '88 nose cones have extensions on the sides that wrap around onto the front fenders where-as the Shelby and ES nose mounts flush with the fenders. The ground effect actually makes up the bottom portion of the nose on the '89-'91 Shelby and ES's. I'm sure you *could* make the lip work on your Pacifica but it would probably look pretty hacked together. IMO, if you're looking to add that front lip, go back to the yard and buy the remainder of that front nose cone and swap it all on.

zshadow
07-27-2006, 11:39 AM
yeah, it almost looked like it would fit, but the sides of the lip look too wide for the pacifica nose.

ill see if itll mount and if not, ill head to the j yard again!

thanks

daytonaturbo87
07-30-2006, 01:31 AM
also remember that the 89's don't have the black strip running across the front of the nose like the 87-88's do. If you swap noses, your black strip will upruptly end and look kinda funny.