PDA

View Full Version : 86 daytona turboz wiring harness

scarface1689
12-07-2011, 11:48 PM
hi i am thinking about replacing my engine wiring harness but i was told the only wireless harness i can work with is one that comes ut of the exact same car i have is this true or there other years i can get it from thanks for all you r help

supercrackerbox
12-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Yes and no. A harness from a regular '86 Daytona Turbo or Chrysler Laser should work; it doesn't necessarily have to be from a Turbo Z. A harness from an '85 Turbo/Turbo Z/Laser should be plug and play, although there may be a couple small differences with wire colors (not positive). Beyond that, there's several other '85-'86 cars that should work like the Lancer, LeBaron (H and K body), and basically anything else with the turbo drivetrain and the four-headlamp nose.

Now my question is, why does the harness need replaced?

scarface1689
12-08-2011, 02:25 PM
i think i have a short somewhere in my wiring harness and ive noticed where a previous owner cut and spliced in speaker wire and i replaced that with regular wire but now like i said i sometimes when i get on its like it hits a wall and sometimes it will throw random codes but it hasn't done that in a while do you know of anyone who might have a wiring harness for it i just need the engine part that's where all the splices i have seen so far have been