PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Minivan owners, replacment window belt/scrapers?

wheming
12-06-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm about to drop Mean Mini off to get repainted and need some new window belts/scrapers for the front doors.
Any minivan owners out there know were to get them or have a quality spare set?
I've looked all over the net, but can't seem to find them, they must be hiding pretty good.
JCWhitney showed they had them, but when I called the last thing I got was "there's a mistake on our webpage. These won't fit your vehicle."

Was hoping RockAuto would have them, but don't see them there either.

Someone here must know where to find them! At least I hope so!

In a directly related topic, Slugmobile desperately needs new ones also (way worse than Mini) But can't find those either!

Any help will earn beer if we meet at SDAC-22! :lol:

135sohc
12-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Start looking and maybe you'll find a clean set at the yard... I remember our 90 Voyager needing new ones and that was 10+ years ago... sold it in 02 and they were cracking and crumbling away quite badly even then.

turbovanmanČ
12-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I'll have a look, I know I saved a few sets.

wheming
12-06-2011, 08:26 PM
NC is pretty hot in the summers. It can be tough on elastomers that are in the sun.
And these cars are getting harder to find since scrap metal prices have been high.
I'll have another look at the yards if no one csn help.

@Simon- thanks! that'd be great if you did. I didn't think it would be hard to get until I started to look!

wheming
12-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Found a couple today at a yard in Raleigh. Believe it or not, they were off an 85 caravan and perfect!
Got another set too but the driver side has a ding that could be fixed i think.
So at least i'll have some spare.