PDA

View Full Version : The Next Issue of "UP FRONT" !!!

Pages : [1] 2

BadAssPerformance
12-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Our first "Up Front" newsletter (Issue 130) is taking a little longer than planned. Our initial intention was to have it out by Thanksgiving, including the SDAC-22 announcement to members. Stuff happens.

Why is it late? Plain and simple:

-It is our first one, steep learning curve
-Arranging everything with a new print shop
-Waiting on a couple key articles
-etc.

It is in the works, however delayed. Sorry. I will take the blame here as I have put things like preparing the calendar in front of this. My current goal is to have it in the mail in the next two weeks, for sure before Christmas.

Any members out there who want to help? Articles! You want to see more newsletters? Even monthly ones? Feed us good articles, and it will happen! :) Less articles? Less newsletters :( its a simple equation really.

Thanks. Any questions?

rooferchris
12-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Were these sent out? Just curious as I have not received one and Christmas is right around the corner. :confused2:

dodgeshadowchik
12-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Should be this week.

cordes
12-22-2011, 01:55 AM
I'll be looking forward to getting it in the mail. Thanks for all the hard work and effort guys.

86seeS
12-22-2011, 02:01 AM
+1on what cordes said

BadAssPerformance
12-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Thanks guys! Yeah, quite a bit of work, but I think it came together well. As of 20 minutes ago, it is complete and we plan to get it to the printer tomorrow. With the holidays, it will be printed and mailed out by the end of the month.

sdac guy
01-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Got mine in the mail today. Excellent job guys!! :thumb::thumb:

I've only glanced through it but it looks great. Can't wait till I get a chance to read it all. :nod::nod:

And the best part, for me anyway, I didn't have to do it! :D:D

Again, looks really good, lots to read, I like the new layout too! Bang up job! :thumb:

Barry

BadAssPerformance
01-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Just got home and was delighted to find mine in the mail as well! :)

Thanks for the kudos Barry, it means a lot, we had a hard act to follow! :hail:

Also nice to hear that you can kick back and enjoy it too, you deserve it! :nod::thumb:

cordes
01-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Mine just arrived as well. Reading it now!

shmedley
01-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Got mine also
Looks good guys!

168glhs1986
01-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Haven't gotten mine yet.

Pat
01-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Haven't gotten mine yet.

Me neither. Rockville must be low on the post office pecking order!

168glhs1986
01-06-2012, 10:38 PM
JT - Can you post the newsletter in pdf form in the SDAC members only section?

T-Bohn
01-07-2012, 12:09 AM

If this could be done to save postage for the club I would be in to that! I imagine that there is a min. amount required to have them printed so it may not be a savings.

Thoughts??

cordes
01-07-2012, 12:43 AM
It was a great read. Joy is reading it as we speak. We both love the new layout.

BadAssPerformance
01-07-2012, 12:57 AM

If this could be done to save postage for the club I would be in to that! I imagine that there is a min. amount required to have them printed so it may not be a savings.

Thoughts??

Good suggestions, and something like this may come with time. Our first priority online is to fix the SDAC members e-mail list which could also be a potential distribution point. As we get into updating the www.sdac.org site, there may be some options there as well. Unfortunately a large portion of members are not online so for now, we will continue to produce Up Front and mail it out. Stay tuned.

It was a great read. Joy is reading it as we speak. We both love the new layout.

Thanks. Tell Joy, I'll apologise in advance for crappy grammar ;)

cordes
01-07-2012, 01:06 AM
There are usually very few errors in Up Front from what I notice. Without paying someone to be an editor I don't see catching everything.

sdac guy
01-07-2012, 08:12 AM
A tip about error checking. I found that I "had" to read a paper copy to catch my errors. Reading it on the screen just didn't do ir. :D

Barry

moparjon2007
01-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Barry, don't try and fix JT's grammar now, it's just part of the mystique. You know you're reading it in depth if you catch them as opposed to skimming...

BadAssPerformance
01-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Good idea Barry. I actually didnt get a chance to see it completely on paper until I got the extra copies sent from the press. Might have to print a copy out before the final OK next time.

LOL Jon, did you notice spelling in much bette rin Up Front? Gotta say MS Publisher has soem advantages over Quark 5 that the Chicagoland chapter newsletter is done in!

moparjon2007
01-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Nice, JT, nice. I can has newsletter. Got it today. Good read, actually started working on an article...

dodgeshadowchik
01-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Speaking on newsletters... this reminds me of a discussion me and JT had yesterday.

Would you all rather it be kept solely related to Shelby Dodges and Shelby inspired cars? Should this be kept strickly to Dodges or should it include anything on the Shelby Fords? Or would you like to open it up to anything Chrysler related? Anything Automotive related? ect...

glhs0075
01-08-2012, 11:15 AM
%90 Shelby Dodges and Shelby inspired.
%10 open to anything automotive related that still may be of interest to us, ie. Fiat 500 Abarth, 2013 Dart, Ford Shelby, etc...

BadAssPerformance
01-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Speaking on newsletters... this reminds me of a discussion me and JT had yesterday.

Would you all rather it be kept solely related to Shelby Dodges and Shelby inspired cars? Should this be kept strickly to Dodges or should it include anything on the Shelby Fords? Or would you like to open it up to anything Chrysler related? Anything Automotive related? ect...

Yes, we want members input on this, as this is the publication for those of you that are SDAC members! :nod:

For now, we will plan to continue coverage of Shelby Dodges and Turbo Mopars. So think the Shelby Dodges, plus any ~1980-1994 FWD mopar, and Shelby create dteh V8 Dakota nd the Neon was the extension of the P-body and Shelby worked on the Viper so Neons, Dakotas and Vipers have always been included under the umbrella as well, however I cannot remember the last time a neon or Viper or non-Shelby Dakota article was contributed?

Also, keep in mind, the Shelby Annual Magazine has 154 pages and the only mopar in it is a Viper next to a pic of a Vette at the Shelby Speed shop. Not a single Shelby Dodge or Shelby inspired vehicle. If anyone puts a 2.2L in a Cobra like I want to do... we'll print it.

moparjon2007
01-08-2012, 11:48 AM
I seem to kind of follow the fold, first and formost the club is about the turbo Mopar products as well as the period correct n/a cars and that should get preferance. Then maybe the cars that followed behind those like the NR/T, NSRT, CSRT, PTGT, DSMs. Then after that the current stuff that may be of interest, Abarth cars, '13 Dart, SRT or Mopar package cars.
We must not forget this is a newsletter for the club, to update all members including those not on the online forums. As long as it's not trying to become an all encompassing magazine I'm all for "subject matter expansion".

dodgeshadowchik
01-08-2012, 01:04 PM
I seem to kind of follow the fold, first and formost the club is about the turbo Mopar products as well as the period correct n/a cars and that should get preferance. Then maybe the cars that followed behind those like the NR/T, NSRT, CSRT, PTGT, DSMs. Then after that the current stuff that may be of interest, Abarth cars, '13 Dart, SRT or Mopar package cars.
We must not forget this is a newsletter for the club, to update all members including those not on the online forums. As long as it's not trying to become an all encompassing magazine I'm all for "subject matter expansion".

LOL... Quoted for JT.

Ok then, so if you'd all like, I'll spend a few more minutes over at the Mopar display to write a little something about the new stuff that will be unveiled tomorrow in the D. We just were not sure if he newer stuff would be of interest.

Pat
01-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Nice work...newsletter looks great!

BadAssPerformance
01-08-2012, 02:04 PM
LOL... Quoted for JT.

Ok then, so if you'd all like, I'll spend a few more minutes over at the Mopar display to write a little something about the new stuff that will be unveiled tomorrow in the D. We just were not sure if he newer stuff would be of interest.

There are eleventy billion DSM forums and clubs and I am sure any of our members that are also into those cars get enough of them elsewhere? ;)

Cool. I literally just started working on Issue 131, so send me any new info on the 2012's!

Nice work...newsletter looks great!

Thanks! :)

moparman76_69
01-08-2012, 02:10 PM
You don't have to get carried away with pages of articles either. I liked the new format but it seem to be crowded with text. The old format had more pics and larger print so there wasn't as much text to read. Seems like you guys are making your jobs harder having to write longer articles.

BadAssPerformance
01-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Appreciate the concern, and writing more, does make it harder, but it is also our goal to make good overall content too. Sometimes more pics will be used to help make a better story, like the DIY coil over article still on the back burner :)

Also, this issue was somehwat of an anomoly with the extra words, in part due to wanting to include Bio's to introduce everyone. :nod:

moparman76_69
01-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Appreciate the concern, and writing more, does make it harder, but it is also our goal to make good overall content too. Sometimes more pics will be used to help make a better story, like the DIY coil over article still on the back burner :)

Also, this issue was somehwat of an anomoly with the extra words, in part due to wanting to include Bio's to introduce everyone. :nod:

I figured that was the case, I find it hard to read a lot of text sometimes. I like to look at the pictures :D

cordes
01-08-2012, 02:46 PM
I think there is more than enough content out there to keep it 99% Shelby, or inspired TMs. Guys just need to suck it up and write the articles. I would be pretty bummed out to find a bunch of articles about the 500 in there. Anything pushed by some woman singer isn't something I want a part of.

dodgeshadowchik
01-08-2012, 03:30 PM
There are eleventy billion DSM forums and clubs and I am sure any of our members that are also into those cars get enough of them elsewhere? ;)

Cool. I literally just started working on Issue 131, so send me any new info on the 2012's!

Thanks! :)

That wasn't the point. And that could be said about anything.

BadAssPerformance
01-08-2012, 03:46 PM

Sorry, you Bolded DSMs

dodgeshadowchik
01-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah, because you seem to keep believing that they were not part of Chrysler.

BadAssPerformance
01-08-2012, 03:56 PM

I never said that... jeeze

OK, back on topic?

Next issue of Up Front in the works! Articles wanted! Chapter updates anyone?

dodgeshadowchik
01-08-2012, 03:59 PM
mmmhmmmmmm.

moparman76_69
01-08-2012, 04:16 PM

Sorry, you Bolded DSMs

I never said that... jeeze

OK, back on topic?

Next issue of Up Front in the works! Articles wanted! Chapter updates anyone?

mmmhmmmmmm.

Ok you two. Don't make me get a mod to lock the thread....... keep it on topic!

sdac guy
01-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Y, however I cannot remember the last time a neon or Viper or non-Shelby Dakota article was contributed?
The most recent non-TM articles were the ones on the PTGT, and I think, a while back, there was one about Angelo's stable including his NSRT.

What I used to do was use those types of articles as filler for when I didn't have anything else. Folks that contributed them understood that was the case also. I always had a very loose interpretation of what could go in the newsletter for two reasons, first I didn't want to be exclusionary as that tends to narrow our base instead of expand it, and secondly, having a slightly off topic article (or articles as the case may be) allow for the printing of a newsletter. If I always waited for strict on topic articles the wait between newsletters would have been even worse.

I tried to keep the off topic car articles to one per issue so it wasn't overdone with them, but I think my last issues had more simply because that was all I was sent. Folks often think I was sitting on a stack of articles and picking and choosing which get printed. In 12 years, for me, that was rarely the case. It did happen sometimes early on, but usually it was get enough to do an issue then wait for more.

While there were times the newsletters were delayed because of my fault, most of the time it was lack of articles contributed. And in fact the last issue with all the pics was simply because I had no articles left to print and I had to put out a newsletter so I filled it with pics.

Barry

BadAssPerformance
01-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Good advise, as always! :nod:

BadAssPerformance
03-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Up Front issue 131 is at the printer and will be in the mail soon! :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
03-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Sweet, :thumb:

glhs0075
03-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Wow, good job JT!

BadAssPerformance
03-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks! It was a team effort, THANKS to all who contributed articles to this issue :thumb: :clap:

30 PSI SHADOW
03-03-2012, 01:13 AM
nice! cant wait!

fishcleaner
03-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Can you throw in a copy of 130 with mine?

BadAssPerformance
03-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Can you throw in a copy of 130 with mine?

For you, 130 should already on the way with the "Welcome" packet :thumb:

omni_840
03-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Looking forward to my second issue, being a new member I have nothing to compare it to, but it looks awesome. BTW I noticed you guys are paying full price on postage, if your interested I could maybe help you guys save some $$ on postage(I used to work for Pitney Bowes). Not sure what your mail list looks like but you might have some options. I can PM you my number if you want to talk about it.

P.S. I'm no longer employed by PB and would not gain anything from it, just trying to help:)

BadAssPerformance
03-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the compliment, we're trying our best!

I'm not familiar with PB, but as far as mailing quantity, i think we are well below what a bulk-mail rate would be... I'll shoot ya a PM

sdac guy
03-08-2012, 11:01 PM
I got my issue today!! I picked it up from my mailbox just as I was leaving to go to the GL meeting tonight (my mail delivery isn't till about 4:30pm). I looked at the first page while I was waiting for others to arrive but since I didn't wait long, I didn't have a chance to read any of it yet. Looks good though. :thumb:

Barry

spaceman
03-09-2012, 12:29 AM
What is This a magazine im at work. So i can't look into this. Now but. Would like to know more

sdac guy
03-09-2012, 10:12 AM
What is This a magazine im at work. So i can't look into this. Now but. Would like to know moreUp Front is the newsletter from the Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC). It comes out every couple months or so. It only goes to paid members of the club. To find out more about SDAC, you can go to www.sdac.org (http://www.sdac.org)

Barry

BadAssPerformance
03-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Up Front is the newsletter from the Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC). It comes out every couple months or so. It only goes to paid members of the club. To find out more about SDAC, you can go to www.sdac.org (http://www.sdac.org)

Barry

+1, thanks Barry!

Just got mine in the mail today too, so they should be on the way to folks! :thumb:

spaceman
03-10-2012, 11:06 AM
oh i see black berry dosent show things the way there its on the web

fishcleaner
03-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Great article on Pat's Scaries

rooferchris
03-16-2012, 05:44 PM
I got mine! Thanks J.T looks great. Any idea when the next one (with hotel info and such) will be sent out? You guys really made a seamless transition of power, good job!! :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
04-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks Chris, we're doing our best!

Issue 132 "SDAC-22 PREVIEW ISSUE" (Including events details, pre-registration info) sent to the printshop this morning :thumb:

speedfreek500
04-24-2012, 11:45 PM

Issue 132 "SDAC-22 PREVIEW ISSUE" (Including events details, pre-registration info) sent to the printshop this morning :thumb:

Awesome cant wait to see it, is there any western canada topics in it?

francois
04-25-2012, 01:20 AM
MMmmmm, Up Front!
It's been soooooooooooooo long since I read one.
I still have them, when I was a member 18 years ago.
Going to get a TD next week. Might have to subscribe again.
Worst, could try to show up for the first time.

glhs0075
04-25-2012, 01:00 PM

Can't wait!

BadAssPerformance
04-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Awesome cant wait to see it, is there any western canada topics in it?

Did you see it already? ;)

MMmmmm, Up Front!
It's been soooooooooooooo long since I read one.
I still have them, when I was a member 18 years ago.
Going to get a TD next week. Might have to subscribe again.
Worst, could try to show up for the first time.

Subscribe, show up, or both! :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
04-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Isuue 132 is IN THE MAIL!!!

shmedley
04-26-2012, 08:34 PM
:clap:
Cant wait

speedfreek500
04-26-2012, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=BadAssPerformance;912549]Did you see it already? ;)

Nope not yet, but i will very shortly.

BadAssPerformance
04-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Nope not yet, but i will very shortly.

LOL, I meant it sarcastically based on yoru comment ;)

speedfreek500
05-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Just got my issue today, I couldn't belive my GLH was in there 3 times!

Great work as always JT.

Brian

BadAssPerformance
05-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks, glad you enjoy it :thumb: also thanks for letting us know the time it takes to get up there to ya!

glhs0075
05-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I'm still waiting for my copy!!!:(

(My copy arrived today, May 10th. Thanks guys! A very enjoyable read)

BadAssPerformance
05-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Really? Hopefully tomorrow!

cordes
05-09-2012, 05:09 PM
I really liked this issue. I'll add that with the new format Joy is reading it before I do. She really likes the change in how it's put together.

BadAssPerformance
05-09-2012, 09:28 PM
I really liked this issue. I'll add that with the new format Joy is reading it before I do. She really likes the change in how it's put together.

Thanks! Thats quite a compliment from a pair of teachers, LOL! Not shure what is that different about the format... booklet vs. stapled pages? Black & White vs. color? The fact I write my parts at a 6th grade level? ;)

cordes
05-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks! Thats quite a compliment from a pair of teachers, LOL! Not shure what is that different about the format... booklet vs. stapled pages? Black & White vs. color? The fact I write my parts at a 6th grade level? ;)

She likes that it is the booklet rather than the stapled pages. I think she believes it to be more official for some reason. Regardless of her girl reasons for it, it's a hit.

BadAssPerformance
05-10-2012, 06:40 PM
she likes that it is the booklet rather than the stapled pages. I think she believes it to be more official for some reason. Regardless of her girl reasons for it, it's a hit.

lol...

glhs0075
05-10-2012, 06:44 PM
If the wife likes it, don't question... just go with it!
:amen:

sdac guy
05-10-2012, 09:07 PM
I like the magazine format better also!

Makes me wish I had done it, but no matter, it is nice!!

Barry

BadAssPerformance
07-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Up Front Issue 133, including complete SDAC-22 coverage, special edition in full color, was just sent to the printer, so they should be mailed out by the end of the week!!!

sdac guy
07-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Ooooo, Ooooo, can't wait!

(drumming fingers on desk .................................)

Barry

BadAssPerformance
07-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Lol!!!

omni_840
07-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Looking forward to reading/seeing all that I missed out on:)

cordes
07-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Sweet. I'm really looking forward to this. I had a phenomenal time at SDAC this year. Many great stories to be told for a long time to come.

BadAssPerformance
07-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Teaser pic of issue 133 :)

blk86trbo
07-25-2012, 07:35 PM
That cover shot looks awesome JT, way to go!

BadAssPerformance
07-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks Paul, MB took that pic from the roof of the WPC Museum (with special permission!)

shadow88
07-25-2012, 08:32 PM
I remember seeing someone up there and wondering who it was.

moparman76_69
07-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Nice, put the logo over the group of people that were there.

sdac guy
07-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Just read mine cover to cover. Great job guys !! :clap::clap::clap:

Keep up the great work! :thumb::thumb:

Barry

fishcleaner
07-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Just read mine too, now I'm real bummed I didn't make it

BadAssPerformance
07-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Just read mine cover to cover. Great job guys !! :clap::clap::clap:

Keep up the great work! :thumb::thumb:

Barry

Thanks Barry glad you like it! :thumb:

Just read mine too, now I'm real bummed I didn't make it

We're bummed you didn't either, i wanna see your car!!! ... next year!

mech1nxh
08-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Nicely Done...

---Which reminds Me---

Renewal $ sent.

BadAssPerformance
08-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks! and Thanks! :thumb:

168glhs1986
09-07-2012, 10:13 PM
JT. Can u send me a copy. I didn't seem to get the last one. Thanks, Mike Wah.

BadAssPerformance
09-09-2012, 09:59 AM
JT. Can u send me a copy. I didn't seem to get the last one. Thanks, Mike Wah.

No problem. Please shoot me an e-mail (jt at sdac dot org) with your address to make sure we have it correct in our membership database.

BadAssPerformance
10-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Issue 134 is going out in the mail!

omni_840
10-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Cool:thumb:

Wayne in NJ
10-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Received it today, looks good!

BadAssPerformance
10-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks Wayne! Hopefully members have recieved them coat to coast and Canada should be getting them soon if not already too!

turboshad
10-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Up Front has arrived in western Canada. Great job JT and crew :thumb: and excellent cover shot. :D

ruffrabbit
10-26-2012, 06:53 PM
i havent got one yet.

speedfreek500
10-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Shel-game, That was a great artical in the last issue about the family and your race car. :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
10-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Up Front has arrived in western Canada. Great job JT and crew :thumb: and excellent cover shot. :D

Thanks, and thanks again for the pics! :thumb:

i havent got one yet.

Your membership has been processed and packet will be mailed out today, Welcome aboard! :clap:

Shel-game, That was a great artical in the last issue about the family and your race car. :thumb:

Agreed, excellent article Rob :nod:

cordes
10-27-2012, 11:38 AM
I enjoyed the issue also. It was really cool to hear about the history behind Rob's car. I also enjoyed hearing a little bit about his background in cars. I always envisioned him as some sort of EE mad scientist.

fishcleaner
10-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Great coverage on the events guys & gal. Dave, looks like you had the classic first time Carlisle experience with the exception of the heat being off the charts, its normally hot but not like that.

ruffrabbit
10-30-2012, 01:33 AM
got it in the mail today, plus sdac stickers awesome!

BadAssPerformance
10-30-2012, 01:12 PM
got it in the mail today, plus sdac stickers awesome!

Welcome to the club! :clap:

cordes
10-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Welcome to the club! :clap:

Indeed. Make sure to check out Turbopalooza this weekend if you can!

ruffrabbit
11-02-2012, 02:17 AM
my friend 90esdaytona and i will try to attend!

Katlaw
11-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Sniff, sniff, I still have not received the last issue of Up Front... Was I a bad member?

Law

glhs0075
11-15-2012, 02:51 PM
It was a really good issue Law, my favourite one so far! You would have really enjoyed it. Too bad you missed out.
:evil:

BadAssPerformance
11-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Sniff, sniff, I still have not received the last issue of Up Front... Was I a bad member?

Law

Have not seen it returned yet, but I'll get another one out to you today!

Katlaw
11-18-2012, 02:20 AM
Thanks JT! I'll be waiting.

Law

Katlaw
11-26-2012, 10:09 PM
I just got the first copy of issue 134 in a bag from the US Postal service. The bag has informed me that "The enclosed was found in the mail or has been damaged in handling in the Postal Service." I'm assuming it's the latter because I'm sure you guys didn't rip that many pages by accident.

Law

glhs0075
11-26-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm disappointed... I can't lord my issue of 134 over you anymore.
:(

BadAssPerformance
11-27-2012, 06:36 PM
I just got the first copy of issue 134 in a bag from the US Postal service. The bag has informed me that "The enclosed was found in the mail or has been damaged in handling in the Postal Service." I'm assuming it's the latter because I'm sure you guys didn't rip that many pages by accident.

Law

Ouch! Yeah, sometimes the mail shredds them, but we have luckily not had too many. Did you get the replacement OK?

Katlaw
11-27-2012, 11:36 PM
No replacement yet. But I would expect it'll be here this week.
Thanks!

Law

Katlaw
11-30-2012, 12:21 AM
I have a PRISTINE copy of issue 134! Thaks JT!

Law

BadAssPerformance
11-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Awesome, glad it made it! :thumb:

...will be working on issue 135 this weekend

BadAssPerformance
12-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Up Front Issue 135... just sent to the printer! :thumb:

cordes
12-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Excellent. Will the location of SDAC 23 be divulged?

BadAssPerformance
12-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Excellent. Will the location of SDAC 23 be divulged?

Yes sir

cordes
12-29-2012, 12:23 AM
Excellent!

mpgmike
01-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Just wanted to say that JT recently contacted me concerning extended membership due to articles I submitted. The new admin at SDAC went above and beyond, in my opinion. They sent me numerous copies of Up Front, extended my membership 'till July, and bent over backwards when I hadn't even asked! Way to go guys!

I was so elated I promptly scrambled to put another article together. It is in for review. I hope it is found to be of value to the SDAC members.

Mike

BadAssPerformance
01-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Mike, sorry again about that mix up, hope the back issues covered all those you missed :thumb:

Thanks for the new article, just saw it in e-mail, haven't had a chance to read it yet, but will soon, I'm sure its good! :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
01-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Up Front issue # 135 is in the mail!

168glhs1986
01-03-2013, 11:57 PM
And the location is...........:drum:

wheming
01-04-2013, 03:08 AM
JT must have got a bulletproof bean pot for Christmas....
because I haven't seen any get spilled yet...

bummers.
;)

ShelGame
01-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Got mine today! Thanks for another great issue JT & Dave.

No spoilers from me :) but - good choice! :thumb:

cordes
01-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Seriously? How exciting.

moparman76_69
01-05-2013, 02:58 PM
About time, can't wait to see where SDAC 23 is.

BadAssPerformance
01-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Got mine today! Thanks for another great issue JT & Dave.

No spoilers from me :) but - good choice! :thumb:

Glad you approve :thumb:

moparman76_69
01-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Looks like mine showed up too. Good choice on location ;)

22shelby
01-05-2013, 09:38 PM
not going to spoil it but THANKS to the chapter that steped up!!! i already know this is going to be another amazing SDAC!!!!

BadAssPerformance
03-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Issue #136 sent to the printer...

speedfreek500
03-13-2013, 01:25 AM
Issue #136 sent to the printer...

Forgot to renew this year, Dont wanna miss out on the action. Off to renew now!

22shelby
03-13-2013, 11:15 AM
does this issue include, more info on 23?? :D

BadAssPerformance
03-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Forgot to renew this year, Dont wanna miss out on the action. Off to renew now!

:thumb:

does this issue include, more info on 23?? :D

Actually the "SDAC-23 Preview" issue is next and already in the works...

BadAssPerformance
03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
SDAC's "Up Front" issue # 136 goes out in the mail tomorrow! "Up Front" EXCLUSIVE review of one of the rarer Direct Connection 2.2L parts...

cybershelby
03-16-2013, 07:42 PM
16 MAR 2013

SDAC "UP FRONT" issue 136

Please ignore the SDAC CLASSIFIEDS ad under 'Vehicles Wanted' for
1985-1987 Dodge Shelby Charger
Blaine Kelley
cybershelby

I have purchased a car and am no longer looking to buy ...

Thanx,
Blaine

BadAssPerformance
03-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Blaine, Sorry about that! I just made sure it is removed from issue 137!

Wayne in NJ
03-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Just arrived, (NJ, 03/18/12). No chance to look at it yet, though! :^( (between jobs, stopped home to feed the Dogs...and check email)!

BadAssPerformance
03-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the arrival confirmation :thumb:

wheming
03-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Got mine 5 minutes ago...
Haven't even broke the seal yet!

Wayne in NJ
03-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Blaine, Sorry about that! I just made sure it is removed from issue 137!

Is that 1989 CSX-VNT #200 ad still 'up to date'? (Gee, guess I could just send him an email myself instead of annoying you...but what fun would THAT be)? :)

(Sent him an email)!

BadAssPerformance
03-18-2013, 07:55 PM
AFAIK is it still available

Pat
03-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Just got mine today...thanks for the membership extension! It it was a nice surprise.

BadAssPerformance
03-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Just got mine today...thanks for the membership extension! It it was a nice surprise.

Nice job getting in print again :thumb:

cordes
03-20-2013, 08:55 PM
I just finished mine and it was a great read. Boy one of those DC blocks would make an awesome all out effort foundation for sure.

BadAssPerformance
04-25-2013, 08:29 PM
SDAC's "Up Front" issue # 137 is out in the mail! SDAC-23 Preview issue!!! PLUS, More DC Race Block!!!

cordes
04-27-2013, 07:15 PM
That was an excellent issue. I received mine today and read it cover to cover. The DC block info was great. I also was thrilled to see the actual SDAC preview info too. Is the drag racing fee quoted correct? That seems exceptionally inexpensive vs. previous years?

fishcleaner
04-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Just re-newed my membership, not sure if #136 was my last.

BadAssPerformance
04-28-2013, 12:58 PM
That was an excellent issue. I received mine today and read it cover to cover. The DC block info was great. I also was thrilled to see the actual SDAC preview info too. Is the drag racing fee quoted correct? That seems exceptionally inexpensive vs. previous years?

Thanks Cordes, glad you liked it!

Yes, we got a good deal on the drag strip this year so we're passing along savings to our members and participants.

Just re-newed my membership, not sure if #136 was my last.

You had just expired, so we did send you Issue #137. Thanks for the renewal :thumb:

cordes
04-28-2013, 01:26 PM
That is awesome!

wheming
04-29-2013, 05:51 PM
I see what you did there JT...as if there wasn't enough pressure to just make it there alone...
Now I really need to try and have my stuff together.

BadAssPerformance
04-30-2013, 07:38 PM
I see what you did there JT...as if there wasn't enough pressure to just make it there alone...
Now I really need to try and have my stuff together.

:) We're counting on you :nod:

wheming
04-30-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm calculating what I still have left to do (and I just ordered another $300 worth of parts from Rock Auto) plus the fact I am still waiting for a few things, and I think it is becoming unlikely again.
I'm worried I wont have enough time off to complete.

BadAssPerformance
07-29-2013, 10:10 PM
The next issue of Up Front is on its way to the printer this week! Complete SDAC-23 coverage in full color! :thumb:

22shelby
07-29-2013, 11:37 PM
oh really???? sweeeeeet!!

cordes
07-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Excellent. These are my favorite issues.

BadAssPerformance
08-01-2013, 12:44 AM
SDAC's "Up Front" issue # 138 is out in the mail! FULL COLOR SDAC-23 Recap Issue!!!

sdac guy
08-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Got mine in the mail this morning and have already read it cover to cover.

Just like being there again!!

Nice job guys!

Barry

BadAssPerformance
08-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks Barry, glad you approve! :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
10-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Up Front Issue #139 is in the mail!

cordes
10-09-2013, 09:40 PM
I can't wait.

Also, this time, for real, I'm putting an article together. It should be a good one.

168glhs1986
10-10-2013, 06:01 AM
I didnt get the last one, hopefully iwill get this one.

glhs0075
10-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Should expect mine in about two weeks time, can't wait!
:eyebrows:

BadAssPerformance
02-04-2014, 03:03 AM
Up Front Issue #140 just sent to the printer!

SDAC-24 location officially announced inside!

BadAssPerformance
02-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Up Front Issue #140 out in the mail!

22shelby
02-05-2014, 10:25 PM
just went and checked the mail... it aint here yet :(

cordes
02-05-2014, 11:12 PM
just went and checked the mail... it aint here yet :(

Same here. BOOOOOO.

168glhs1986
02-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Ayone gotten their Up Front yet?

85boostbox
02-09-2014, 08:01 PM
^This. Need to know where sdac is at!!!!

cordes
02-09-2014, 08:26 PM
I can't wait to find out myself. This is killing me.

stewdaddy23
02-09-2014, 08:59 PM
where can i get back issues? I'd like to see that coil over article. Is there a place where we can see every back issue?

168glhs1986
02-09-2014, 11:11 PM
where can i get back issues? I'd like to see that coil over article. Is there a place where we can see every back issue?

Arent they all online n a library like Roundel? Lol

BadAssPerformance
02-09-2014, 11:52 PM
It sometimes takes the print shop a couple days after I post the picture to get them out. Folks should hopefully start seeing them tomorrow. Almost done with the flier.... so maybe we'll make the official announcement to the SDAC email list and "members" section here tomorrow night

Not yet... maybe one day after we get everything else caught up. we should have an extra copy... please e-mail jt@sdac.org

Arent they all online n a library like Roundel? Lol

LOL...

cordes
02-09-2014, 11:57 PM
The anticipation is about to kill me. I had someone prank me earlier and suggest that it was going to be in Edmonton. I was pumped for the long road trip until I realized that it was a joke.

BadAssPerformance
02-10-2014, 12:07 AM
LOL, that crazy Joeduno

cordes
02-10-2014, 12:08 AM
LOL, that crazy Joeduno

He really got me. As soon as I read it I was planning out the awesome trip in my mind. I was having a great time on the way to SDAC and was half way there before I thought to myself, "wait a minute, Edmonton...". While the Canadians will still let me in, it's always a bit of a wait at the border anyway. Maybe next year.

168glhs1986
02-10-2014, 11:12 AM
I was pranked Oklahoma :). Love the debutants there but not sure if OK is on the radar of host states

contraption22
02-10-2014, 12:22 PM
I was pranked Oklahoma :). Love the debutants there but not sure if OK is on the radar of host states

:) Sorry dude. First place that popped into my head after I saw that Drag Week would be starting and ending there this year. We could all don black shirts, hats, shorts, sandals and goatee's. We can take on "The 405".

Pat
02-10-2014, 12:43 PM
:) Sorry dude. First place that popped into my head after I saw that Drag Week would be starting and ending there this year. We could all don black shirts, hats, shorts, sandals and goatee's. We can take on "The 405".

Slowe vs. Murder Nova!!!

85boostbox
02-10-2014, 12:56 PM
^I approve this message :thumbup:

omniac
02-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Stupid question perhaps...or maybe asked before. Why can't the issues be printed to pdf files and emailed out with the attachment? Saving on mailing costs and delays?

contraption22
02-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Stupid question perhaps...or maybe asked before. Why can't the issues be printed to pdf files and emailed out with the attachment? Saving on mailing costs and delays?

First reason I can think off off the top of my head is because it could easily be forwarded to non-members. Membership should have it's privileges.

Oggie Fisher
02-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Second is it would be unfair to members that are not on-line.

omniac
02-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Both good points....i never considered them.

86seeS
02-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Anyone get it today?

BadAssPerformance
02-10-2014, 09:43 PM

Well as a pre-requisite, we need a host SDAC Chapter, so the closest active chapter to OK is probably LinOmaBluffs

Slowe vs. Murder Nova!!!

The best part about running a FWD with little traction is you can stay in it an still go straight... they problem is the little traction part! ...or if you spin so hard you upshift out of the boost and the Aries starts catching you! ;)

Not a bad question, and we are discussing potentially making online options.

First reason I can think off off the top of my head is because it could easily be forwarded to non-members. Membership should have it's privileges.

This is a concern. Hopefully active members who pay for such privileges would rather enjoy their newsletter and not just give out to the non-contributor?

Second is it would be unfair to members that are not on-line.

Good point, we do have a few of those. Maybe we could put in the mail and then wait for a couple days then e-mail? Not to be published online, but e-mailed or a link to view.... Hmmm....

Anyone get it today?

We have the printer send a test letter here and I haven't gotten it yet either. Starting to wonder about this myself... well, we want to get the word out to members so I'm drafting an e-mail to the SDAC e-mailing list...

fishcleaner
02-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Nothing in my mailbox

supercrackerbox
02-11-2014, 05:21 AM
Well as a pre-requisite, we need a host SDAC Chapter, so the closest active chapter to OK is probably LinOmaBluffs
. . . . We have the printer send a test letter here and I haven't gotten it yet either. Starting to wonder about this myself... well, we want to get the word out to members so I'm drafting an e-mail to the SDAC e-mailing list...

Active might be a stretch . . . We do what we can though. Come to think of it, JT, I'm not sure I ever sent you my new email address. PM sent.

Oggie Fisher
02-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Good point, we do have a few of those. Maybe we could put in the mail and then wait for a couple days then e-mail? Not to be published online,
I like the idea of a PDF version, easier to read and store. It could be a voluntary program that you have to opt in to. Not looking to get it any sooner, you could hold off sending until the test copy is received by regular mail. Not sure if the economics would make it worthwhile.

contraption22
02-11-2014, 11:16 AM
I like the idea of a PDF version, easier to read and store. It could be a voluntary program that you have to opt in to. Not looking to get it any sooner, you could hold off sending until the test copy is received by regular mail. Not sure if the economics would make it worthwhile.

Good idea. Would it be possible to make it available only to people with a valid SDAC.org username and password?

Turbodave
02-11-2014, 11:28 AM

Good idea. Would it be possible to make it available only to people with a valid SDAC.org username and password?

JT and I have talked about this, and we have a question on the SDAC survey's the last few years about whether our membership would be willing to switch to electronic newsletters. Overall, it appears that there are many who would be willing to do so. It would be a benefit for the club as the printing and postage for a newsletter are a big expense. I'm in a local club that has switched to e-newsletter on a voluntary basis and it has worked pretty well, in the first 18 months we've got about 50% switched over. We'll probably look into what we can do for SDAC on this after this year's event.

Pat
02-11-2014, 11:42 AM
JT and I have talked about this, and we have a question on the SDAC survey's the last few years about whether our membership would be willing to switch to electronic newsletters. Overall, it appears that there are many who would be willing to do so. It would be a benefit for the club as the printing and postage for a newsletter are a big expense. I'm in a local club that has switched to e-newsletter on a voluntary basis and it has worked pretty well, in the first 18 months we've got about 50% switched over. We'll probably look into what we can do for SDAC on this after this year's event.

The cost reduction alone is reason enough to make the switch. For the handful of people who are not online regularly, I'm sure that they have email addresses.

contraption22
02-11-2014, 01:25 PM
It's something I deal with on a daily basis in the catalog biz. Manufacturers are moving away from printed paper catalogs, relying on electronic catalog data, web-based catalogs, and PDF's. I can understand it from a cost reduction standpoint. Printing, shipping and storing a large number of big paper books is costly.

glhs0075
02-11-2014, 01:43 PM
I like the option of a .pdf newsletter. It would save the club money. I'm out here in the boonies, so I get my copy in the mail about a week after everybody else. With an electronic version, I would get my newsletter at the same time as everybody else. And finally, it would be easier for me to save all of my past issues. I wouldn't inadvertently lose a copy like I did with issues 121 and 127.

BadAssPerformance
02-11-2014, 02:28 PM
I like the option of a .pdf newsletter. It would save the club money. I'm out here in the boonies, so I get my copy in the mail about a week after everybody else. With an electronic version, I would get my newsletter at the same time as everybody else. And finally, it would be easier for me to save all of my past issues. I wouldn't inadvertently lose a copy like I did with issues 121 and 127.

e-mail me a reminder, I'm sure we have back-issues I can send with the 2011 calendar you want to order :thumb:

fleckster
02-11-2014, 04:08 PM
I haven't received a copy yet either, but then again, mail has been a problem lately since the County snow plows keep blasting my mailbox and have knocked it off the post along with about all my neighbors' boxes :mad: ....

168glhs1986
02-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Could the rumor Buffalo be true?

Radiant_Red
02-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Wtf got issue 140 today says it's in sochi Russia? This true ?

glhs0075
02-11-2014, 09:40 PM
e-mail me a reminder, I'm sure we have back-issues I can send with the 2011 calendar you want to order :thumb:

That's great! Thanks JT.

BadAssPerformance
02-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Wtf got issue 140 today says it's in sochi Russia? This true ?

We got a cheap rate, what can I say!

fishcleaner
02-11-2014, 11:41 PM
nothing in my mailbox today

BadAssPerformance
02-11-2014, 11:42 PM
me neither... sent a note to the print shop :(

83scamp
02-12-2014, 07:02 PM
Got mine in the mail today!

moparman76_69
02-12-2014, 07:12 PM
I got mine, just to find out everyone else already knew.

BadAssPerformance
04-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Issue #141 out in the mail this week!

sdac guy
04-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Got mine in the mail today. Already read it.

Great Issue !!!

Barry

Turbodave
04-08-2014, 02:58 PM
Issue #141 out in the mail this week!

Look for a few April fools jokes hidden in the classified section, John Berube was pretty excited yesterday.

Pat
04-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Jon thought I was in on it since I texted him a picture of the ad...little did he know I had fallen for it also! LOL!

Well played SDAC exec team, well played.

sdac guy
04-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Yep, I fell for it too! Though I just grabbed the issue to see what it was.

When I first read it, I thought, "Hmmm, interesting request" and that was that.

Good one!

Barry

cordes
04-08-2014, 07:26 PM
I thought that it had to be an april fools joke. Actually I was hoping so. That's not my prefered way to come into parts.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that it had to be an april fools joke. Actually I was hoping so. That's not my prefered way to come into parts.

jonnyb
04-09-2014, 07:24 AM
funny how most will notice and fall for the big score, but I didn't even notice that - all I saw was the lowly dakota ad...LOL!

BadAssPerformance
04-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Lol :)

Turbodave
05-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Issue 142 is at the publishers now, and SDAC-24 registration and hotel info is now updated on the website. http://www.sdac.org/info/sdac24reginfo.htm

BadAssPerformance
08-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Up Front issue #143 is going out in the mail! Full SDAC-24 event coverage inside!

BadAssPerformance
10-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Up Front Issue #144 is going out in the mail this week!

BadAssPerformance
02-25-2015, 12:31 AM
Up Front issue #145 is sent out this week!

supercrackerbox
02-25-2015, 05:32 AM
Shoot, I was hoping to get a classified ad in there.

contraption22
02-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Anybody get theirs yet???

Oggie Fisher
02-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Nope.

slasky
02-28-2015, 01:16 AM
They are out. I just saw one. Lets just say western new york sdac just planned a road trip.

sdac guy
02-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Got mine today.

Just finished reading it. Another great issue!!

Barry

cordes
02-28-2015, 01:30 PM
I have mine too. I can't wait.

Sgt Craig
02-28-2015, 02:32 PM
Mine also came!

BadAssPerformance
05-07-2015, 01:30 AM
Issue #146 in the mail! SDAC-25 pre-registration and hotel info included!

contraption22
05-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Sweet!

Nemesismachine
08-12-2015, 06:53 AM
Are older copies available, like in pdf? I signed up last month and August 2014 #143 came in the mail. Odd.

BadAssPerformance
08-17-2015, 12:43 AM
Welcome aboard! When we send out the membership packets, we send a copy of a "recent" newsletter. Each time we print Up Front, we get a few extras and recently, we have has several folks join SDAC, and issue 143 is the most recent one we have copies left of. Being our annual full color issue from last year, it is a nice one. Issue #147 is in the works. This will be our SDAC-25 recap, and also our annual color issue!

BOOSTIFIED
08-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Just joined JT, I also had a question about my local chapter which I guess I can PM you about. I joined here in 07, but have been around td.com since 03 and TD's in general since 94

BadAssPerformance
08-18-2015, 11:19 PM
Just joined JT, I also had a question about my local chapter which I guess I can PM you about. I joined here in 07, but have been around td.com since 03 and TD's in general since 94

Welcome aboard! Best way to get ahold of me is email jt <at> sdac <dot> org

BadAssPerformance
08-28-2015, 12:23 AM
Up Front issue #147 "SDAC-25 recap" sent to the printer!

BadAssPerformance
08-29-2015, 06:26 PM
This issue is kind of a big deal :D

Pat
08-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Downright heroic!

turboshad
09-04-2015, 02:49 PM
You attachment problems are kind of a big deal.........also how your pictures never show up.

BadAssPerformance
09-05-2015, 12:08 AM
Ouch... LOL, maybe Frank can fix both?

sdac guy
09-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Just got mine in the mail.

Now it's time to start re-living the event!

Barry

BadAssPerformance
09-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Sweet! Just curious, are they mailing as typical folded over in half or like a magazine?

wheming
09-06-2015, 04:37 AM
Mine mailed unfolded.
And, when i saw the cover, i saw what the big deal was all about!

BadAssPerformance
12-17-2015, 12:18 AM
Issue 148 is in the mail!

sdac guy
12-24-2015, 09:14 PM
Got it the other day (and my calendar also).

Good issue, nice job!

Barry

cordes
12-24-2015, 09:22 PM
I couldn't put this one down. There were some great articles in there. The Drag Week article was amazing.

BadAssPerformance
12-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Got it the other day (and my calendar also).

Good issue, nice job!

Barry

I couldn't put this one down. There were some great articles in there. The Drag Week article was amazing.

Thanks, glad you guys approve!

BadAssPerformance
03-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Issue #149 Just printed and off in the mail this week! SDAC-26 Announcement! Please refrain from posting the location online so fast, let our subscribed members get the news in the mail!

DodgeZ
03-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Issue #149 Just printed and off in the mail this week! SDAC-26 Announcement! Please refrain from posting the location online so fast, let our subscribed members get the news in the mail!

Seems backwards. If they only get the news via the mail how would they even know what is posted online?

Here is hoping for Texas....

2.216VTurbo
03-01-2016, 11:27 PM
Seems backwards. If they only get the news via the mail how would they even know what is posted online?

Here is hoping for Texas....

I think it's more like you get what you pay for Kevin. How did that AmEx tagline go, Membership has it's privileges;) I never figured you for a Dem:lol:

BadAssPerformance
03-01-2016, 11:32 PM
I never figured you for a Dem:lol:

wow shots fired lol

cordes
03-01-2016, 11:50 PM
Excellent. I'm still pulling for AK.

DodgeZ
03-02-2016, 01:14 AM
I think it's more like you get what you pay for Kevin. How did that AmEx tagline go, Membership has it's privileges;) I never figured you for a Dem:lol:
If only there was a members only online section......57443

wow shots fired lol

You know he is going to vote Trump

Excellent. I'm still pulling for AK.

I totally have an AK. It is Great... Make America Great Again....

Sgt Craig
03-05-2016, 02:55 PM
If only there was a members only online section......http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57443&stc=1

You know he is going to vote Trump

I totally have an AK. It is Great... Make America Great Again....

how does one get into this members only section if your a member?

83scamp
03-05-2016, 06:54 PM
how does one get into this members only section if your a member?

You have to ask "pretty please...." :)