PDA

View Full Version : TIII Tips for IC piping install 2.5"/3"

Kryp2nitE
11-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Did a quick search, did not find anything.

Just bought a FMIC with 3" in/out. Does anyone make a 3" IC piping kit? (Guessing not but it can't hurt to ask)

Otherwise any tips on doing it on a 91 R/T?

Looking for what else I would need other than like a universal 9pc ebay kit for the bends. (like a step up from the turbo to 3" and a step down to the TB)

Stock turbo for now, HX35 or Holset Hybrid (HX35/40) in the spring/summer.

Chris

rx2mazda
11-28-2011, 08:55 PM
You can step sizes with "reducer" silicon couplers....I get mine from siliconintakes dot com. Nobody makes a kit.

Kryp2nitE
11-29-2011, 10:14 AM
You can step sizes with "reducer" silicon couplers....I get mine from siliconintakes dot com. Nobody makes a kit.

Thanks for the reply :thumb:

Sounds good, ill buy a universal kit and work from there. What size are the reducers ill need? 2.25->3"?

Turbo224
11-29-2011, 01:41 PM
I bought a bunch of misc bends and put together my own pipes. I mocked up the bends and then had an exhaust shop weld them up. If I were to redo it, I would have gone with 3", but only because I think it would have looked better.

supercrackerbox
11-29-2011, 02:11 PM
How did one guy just edit another guy's post . . . ?

Turbo224
11-29-2011, 04:35 PM
How did one guy just edit another guy's post . . . ?

New moderator error. :eyebrows:

Kryp2nitE
11-29-2011, 05:40 PM
I bought a bunch of misc bends and put together my own pipes. I mocked up the bends and then had an exhaust shop weld them up. If I were to redo it, I would have gone with 3", but only because I think it would have looked better.

Are all of your vacuum lines routed to the passenger side? Thats a super clean engine bay! Just got a vaccuum block to re-route mine, might have to copy you there.

Turbo224
11-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Are all of your vacuum lines routed to the passenger side? Thats a super clean engine bay! Just got a vaccuum block to re-route mine, might have to copy you there.

No, I just hid as many as possible. The BOV and the wastegate vacuum lines run to the drivers side, and I also have the nylon tubing for my mechanical oil pressure gauge slipped inside a vacuum line which runs from the pressure regulator to the drivers side of the engine and inside the car. The best thing to do is move the vacuum block to the port on the drivers side of the intake manifold so you can mount it horizontally, and move the bung for the brake booster to the left port. That way the vacuum block will be hidden below the upper radiator hose. Here are a couple more pictures.

Glmwpg
11-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Nice pics... thanks Tyler, good thread too. Subscribing since I'm going to be tackling this in the spring with a spearco FMIC.

Kryp2nitE
11-30-2011, 12:31 AM
Ordering now, could anyone verify the outlet on the cold side and the inlet on the TB @ 2.25" meaning ill order reducers from 3"? Rain won't stop until tomorrow so else i'd go check

Drewsy1971
07-28-2012, 11:21 AM
So where did you put your air filter??? and where did you get your rear eibachs?? i am trying to find some....

lancerman23
09-19-2012, 03:59 PM
So where did you put your air filter??? and where did you get your rear eibachs?? i am trying to find some....

hey im also interested in where you put your airfilter, any pictures would be greatly appreciated. again awsome thread.

Turbo224
09-20-2012, 12:09 AM

Was this question directed at me? I am using the stock air box with a K&N filter. All I did was buy a 3" to 2.5" reducer elbow to hook up the larger compressor housing to the IC pipes. I opted for the stock look.