PDA

View Full Version : A523 1st/2nd fork & fork pads

CHRYNY
11-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Are the early A523s different from the later ones with regard to the 1st/2nd speed fork and fork pads. My Mopar parts book lists only a fork assembly unit for the 92 A523 but lists a fork and fork pads seperately for an earlier year A523. Also is anyone currenlty producing replacement new fork pads or new fork pads assemblies for a 92 A523?

135sohc
11-28-2011, 05:37 PM
The 1-2 fork + inserts is the same for every year 523. Its the 3-4 fork + pads that changed once, 1990 fork & inserts are unique to 1990. Then 91+ is all the same. There are a few members working together on developing a suitable replacement for the oem inserts. Next spring is currently the earliest ETA on them.

CHRYNY
11-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll check back with the forum in early Spring.

135sohc
04-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Bumping this up with new information.
I got tired of hearing the run around story with the local dealership and called Mopar tech connection directly on the fork pads that are still available. The 91+ 3-4 fork pads (the H shaped ones) are still available from chrysler. The person at mopar operations in MI said there were 59 of them showing in stock @ the milwaukee depot. Avg weekly demand is less than 1 unit so there probably on their way out but if your wanting to stock up on a few sets for the future...

Continuing to work towards a bronze alloy replacement, but be warned there not going to come cheap like this community has grown to be accustomed to expecting. For an everyday driver the plastic pads are still a very cost effective option that will last just fine if you know how to drive without beating your transmission to death.

BadAssPerformance
04-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Interesting info... can your contact figure out what company made them by chance? I'm sure if the molds exist we can have a crapload made for a nominal LOT charge

Also, updated the Brass/Bronze pad thread... we've got activity

135sohc
04-11-2012, 05:09 PM
my 'contact' was the MP techline, extension #4. Gotta find someone higher up who would know that information and be willing to share it.