PDA

View Full Version : hooking up my gauges....?

Purpleskunk
07-25-2006, 01:32 PM
which wire on the back of the fuse box do i need to use for my air fuel gauge red wire?
which one on the light head switch for the white wire?
which 2 wires for the light on my boost gauge?

im sure this is something that has already been posted, but i couldn't find it.
thanks for the help

turboshadow
07-25-2006, 02:14 PM
For the a/f gauge you need to hook the red wire directly to the battery for it to get a good power signal. The black is just a ground and can go to really any ground source. For the boost gauge light you can run the red wire to any power source but if u want the dimmer to work there is a wire u splice into at the headlight controls and with the black wire and ground will work. On my car i didnt worry about the white wire for the dimmer switch I figured i needed it to be as bright as it could get.

Clay
07-25-2006, 02:57 PM
when I wired my EGT, O2, and boost gauge, I wired them all to a relay.

The negative wires all go straight to the battery (via one wire). This is best for the O2 gauge for it to be the most accurate.

I got power for the relay from the blue wire that feeds the solenoids on the pass. shock tower. Since the relay feed draws very low amps, and this is where the factory GLHS cars got power for their 3 wire O2 sensors, I figured there was enough amps left there to switch the relay.

anyway, those are just some suggestions.

clay

(also - moved to electrical section)

Murphy
07-25-2006, 03:34 PM
on my 87 Z i did the all of the grounds directly to the battery(3 wire o2). Since I indstalled the gauges where the message center was, i has key on power and dash light wires right there.

When i wired them up on a pillar pod in my spirit(4 wire o2), i did the a/f signal and ground directly to the wiring harness before the o2 connector. I used the key on power on a wire under the dash, comming off the steering colum. The lights went to the dash light wire right off the headlight switch, and i grounded it to the bolt that held the head light switch to the dash

Hope this helps!