Thems mostly pictures Frank..............I want da real dirt:eyebrows:
Who went fast?:bolt:
Who smelled up da place?
How hot was it?
Did Warren behave?:D
Did Ken brake anything?:lol:

Frank
07-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Well all the pictures have the car and the time in the following picture. The times are in there for a few of the top 8 cars. It was blazing hot the first two days.... 115 degree heat index... rest was cooler. Everyone behaved for the most part.... lots of beer consumed... Russ was on top of the Denny's putting Jegs stickers on the building... Ken behaved...

Frank

GLHSKEN
07-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Did Ken brake anything?:lol:

Yes, I braked the omni while I was driving it (WHAT ELSE ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN YOU COME TO A RED LIGHT). I did not break anything, haven't in several years...

Frank
07-25-2006, 01:17 PM
You broke the Charger last year.... remember that piston?

slasky
07-25-2006, 05:23 PM
You broke the Charger last year.... remember that piston?
I think I was racing him when he broke it.:D

GLHS592
07-25-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm curious if it was worth it. Which is better? SDAC or SRT/SDAC?

Turbodave
07-25-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm curious if it was worth it. Which is better? SDAC or SRT/SDAC?

It was worth it, no doubt about that. It was different from the typical SDAC, but it was cool to show the SRT guys, their sponsors and the handful of chrylser engineers there what the old school cars can do. I think they were all impressed.

The SDAC turnout was way down, but we still had a great time. For once we got everyone in the host hotel parking lot to hang out in one area, all chilling and relaxing (chillaxing). All the hardcore regulars were there as well as a few newbies. We even had Barry out until the wee hours of the night a few times. I don't think I got to bed before 4am the whole time.

It was as much fun as any SDAC I've been to and those that decided not to go really missed out in my opinion.

BadAssPerformance
07-25-2006, 07:28 PM
It was as much fun as any SDAC I've been to and those that decided not to go really missed out in my opinion.

Ditto! SDAC alwayz Rulez! I had a great time even tho I blew the hell outta my motor!

onelapchamp
07-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Frank:
Thanks for the great photos at the Road Course day. I grabbed one for the background on my computer!
Mike
'88 Daytona CS 16V

Frank
07-25-2006, 08:17 PM
No problem Mike! You should send me a writeup of the car and such so I can add a page about you. Thanks!

Frank

Pat
07-25-2006, 10:22 PM
It was worth it, no doubt about that. It was different from the typical SDAC, but it was cool to show the SRT guys, their sponsors and the handful of chrylser engineers there what the old school cars can do. I think they were all impressed.

The SDAC turnout was way down, but we still had a great time. For once we got everyone in the host hotel parking lot to hang out in one area, all chilling and relaxing (chillaxing). All the hardcore regulars were there as well as a few newbies. We even had Barry out until the wee hours of the night a few times. I don't think I got to bed before 4am the whole time.

Dave said it very well..it was different, but still an absolute blast. Definitely well worth the trip.

GLHS592
07-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Nobody answered the question exactly. ;) You said it was fun, but...

Which is better? SDAC or SRT/SDAC?

slasky
07-25-2006, 10:30 PM
It sucks that I could not make it this year. I will be there next year, with my charger, even if I have to bring the whole family with the charger in tow. Barry where is next years SDAC going to be. :)

BIGBRUDDA
07-26-2006, 10:00 AM
OK guys, will an attendee please clarify a few comments: "skittles"? And "the Hooters thing"? :nod:
Why no "shootout" between the "pros'?:confused:
You guys had steak at the banquet!................... Now I'm hurt.:(

P.S. Sorry Frank. My cheapa$$ govt issue monitor won't display picture captions accurately.:banghead:

Frank
07-26-2006, 10:06 AM
We refer to the SRT-4 guys as a bunch of skittles as they pile up in different colors at the line, farting, poping, missing shifts. LOL. The Hooter's girls came thru the pit area since a SRT-4 happening was dinner at Hooter's. The girls then came by the second day... basically kissing butt. We had awesome steak at the SDAC dinner.... TM sponsored the steak itself. :) YUMMY!

Pat
07-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Nobody answered the question exactly. ;) You said it was fun, but...

That's tough to say...it was a fun, but it was different from the past. In my eyes, mostly because we did not have the SDAC turnout we usually get which I think is primarily because it was in Topeka. We lost of ton of people from the east side of the country and I really did not see anyone that we picked up from the west.

The combo with the SRT group had a few hiccups...probably fixable down the road, but I think location is the key. If they are in Topeka again where we can only draw 60 people, it's a bad move on our part to go back with them.

But...it was a damn good time!

johnl
07-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Fleckster is awesome -

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3682143&postcount=58

fleckster
07-28-2006, 02:27 AM
Are you sure you are talking about me?!? :faint: You are now on my "Good Guy" list! Ha Ha!

Hey, I tell it like it is. And for more fun check out "The Couch" pulling away from the "Skittle"....at least until my shift linkage came off when I went for 3rd gear! :censored: I still don't know why I jumped HybridKid's SRT-4 when our reaction times were pretty close. He was running N2O and a bunch of mods and was definitely quicker as I believe the car was in the Quick 16. Maybe he missed a 1 to 2 shift???

turbovanmanČ
07-28-2006, 03:47 AM
It was a blast. Would I go again, yes. Unfortunalty, I have nothing to compare it to. Yes, the turnout could have been better, no one from Cali showed up, :(
The SRT guys need to learn to mingle, there pretty quiet bunch. I checked out all the Neons and such, chatted with a few but most just went off in there little groups.

Captain Chaos
07-28-2006, 08:52 AM
The SRT guys need to learn to mingle, there pretty quiet bunch. I checked out all the Neons and such, chatted with a few but most just went off in there little groups.
As an owner I don't spend much time with other owners. I think part of their problem is the mentality of my car is the best. Or like myself shy away from the "clicks" for the stereotype that comes with owning the car. They were probably afraid you were looking down on them for owning it. Or a 3rd possibility could be that all their new iron was being outdone by the old iron there.:thumb: even their big dog couldn't hunt.:nod:

BIGBRUDDA
07-28-2006, 05:08 PM
FLECK is my HERO :cheer2:

CSX321
07-28-2006, 09:20 PM
As an owner I don't spend much time with other owners. I think part of their problem is the mentality of my car is the best. Or like myself shy away from the "clicks" for the stereotype that comes with owning the car. They were probably afraid you were looking down on them for owning it. Or a 3rd possibility could be that all their new iron was being outdone by the old iron there.:thumb: even their big dog couldn't hunt.:nod:
And part of it is just that it's a new group. Only three years to get to know one another so far, and only a small number of hardcore guys who have been to all three SRT Nationals. Give them 16 years, and I bet they resemble SDAC more. Gray, balding, ... :D

Frank
07-28-2006, 09:26 PM
....And sitting in the parking lot doing whip-its on big wheels...

Dasmopar
07-31-2006, 06:25 PM
I have not been to either event at all. I was signed up for, and going to the sdac event at route 66 that got cancled back in the day. I have been to both midwest srt's events at Norwalk and I think having it in KS is hurting everyone. Thats out of the way for everyone!

fleckster
07-31-2006, 06:39 PM
I was signed up for, and going to the sdac event at route 66 that got cancled back in the day.

That was to be the infamous SDAC-9. It was cancelled almost at the last minute as Route 66 Raceway decided they needed more time to set up for the following weekend's Brittany Spears concert! Imagine a racetrack turning away racers who had already had a specific scheduled event so they could have a Concert! We did get a bit of "revenge" as she at the last minute had to cancel due to laryngitis. At least we were able to have SDAC-14 back in the Chicago area for the guys up there. We just didn't try and schedule Route 66 Raceway opting for Great Lakes Dragway.