PDA

View Full Version : home brewed pieces

whywoody
07-25-2006, 01:46 AM
I welded a few things up over the last few weeks,for my van.
The IC is a cut down bus core with my own ends,and the exhaust pieces are for a HY35.My van is really strong to drive now at only 12psi.:thumb:

altered7151
07-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Very nice, I love seeing all the cool stuff people make at home. What is that evac. check valve off of, and what did you use for a nipple into the downpipe?

Dave
07-25-2006, 12:07 PM
I like the calendars! :thumb:

Back on topic... that's a 2.4 in there. :D Niiiiiiice! That beast should haul ---. Take it to the track soon and let us know what it does.

Subliminal
07-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Nice job, man!

I have a question though:

In the picture of the tubing in the vice, there's a picture of a girl in a pinkish bikini. There's something in that picture on her...uhm...bikini area.

What the hell is that?

Mario
07-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Back on topic... that's a 2.4 in there. :D Niiiiiiice! That beast should haul ---. Take it to the track soon and let us know what it does.

No, it's a 2.5 bottom end with a DOHC head on it.

t3rse
07-25-2006, 01:20 PM
the nipple is a crank-case evactuation setup, it has a check valve in the nipple and the evac from the valve cover hooks up to it and it pulls the vapor out and pulls a slight vacuum, as you probably know. that one appears to be the one you can order from summit or jegs, for a v8. i have one on my car...

altered7151
07-25-2006, 01:24 PM
I knew what the nipple is for, just wondering where he got it. I have one I snagged of a mid-size pickup at the yard (dakota maybe). I was just wondering what tubing he used to mount it. Mine has male threads on it and the ones you get at summit or jegs has female threads on it. I was just going to thread some pipe and screw it in, but maybe he came up with a more clever way.

whywoody
07-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks guys!
The nipple welded to the pipe was a steel plumbing pipe thread male/male adapter that I slash cut in half,and the valve was pulled from a ford carb'd v8 I believe.I pulled various ones some time back but don't remember exactly what it was from.
The posters,LOL,I didn't even think of them in the background until I posted,but the pink bikini girl had to be screwed to a stud in the wall..you know,so she wouldn't fall...lol.
The van is a 2.5 bottom end and 2.4 top end as Mario stated.I haven't ever run at the strip in anything,or ran anything at a dyno,but I think I would like to do both later this year,worried I'd break it though..