PDA

View Full Version : Fuel: WTB: Weber 32/36 DFEV carburetor

iTurbo
11-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Any body got a decent and functional Weber 2-barrel 32/36 DFEV carburetor for the Chryco 2.2L lying around? These are the direct mount ones that bolt-on in place of the original 2-barrel Holley most of the carb cars came with from the factory.

mopargriffin
12-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Have you looked on ebay? I see theres a few on there going for around $200-$260. One thing im not sure about is that the choke is mounted on the front of the carb, almost looks like the diaphram is in front of the throttle. I know on the dgv and the weber 38 the choke is on the back side. Heres a link to weber carbs direct http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/Weber_Carburetors_s/2.htm Hope this helps

iTurbo
12-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks. I see WeberCarbsDirect has the one I want for $199 brand new so I may just go that route. I was thinking a good used one wouldn't be that hard to find but...

Oh, and I got a bunch of cool stuff for the DCOE setup I bought from you. Pierce Manifolds has just about everything you could want. Got some books on rebuilding/tuning Webers and one book on the DCOE specifically and also the dual linkage kit and some heat shields for the bottom side.

ATaylorRacing
12-08-2011, 11:39 AM
A good thing about using a big digital EGT gauge is its use as a tuning tool. I found that the jets that came on my new Weber 32/36 carb was WAY too lean compared to what I was running on my old Holley. The car was dead on down the track when I put the same size jets into the Weber from the Holley!

ScottD
12-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks. I see WeberCarbsDirect has the one I want for $199 brand new so I may just go that route. I was thinking a good used one wouldn't be that hard to find but...

Oh, and I got a bunch of cool stuff for the DCOE setup I bought from you. Pierce Manifolds has just about everything you could want. Got some books on rebuilding/tuning Webers and one book on the DCOE specifically and also the dual linkage kit and some heat shields for the bottom side.

I bought from Weber Carbs Direct with no issue. I had to do a little tuning out of the box but it wasn't a big deal.

ATaylorRacing
12-15-2011, 12:30 PM
I bought from Weber Carbs Direct with no issue. I had to do a little tuning out of the box but it wasn't a big deal.

You'll need to know that I am running a 2.5 with this carb. When the tall block 87 motor was in there the best jetting was a 413 primary and 423 secondary. When a 92 common block 2.5 was put in this year I had to dejet it a bit to run the same EGTs at the finish line AND to make the car run within .009 pass to pass on a windless day. Thwe new jets are 404 on both sides of the carb.