PDA

View Full Version : TIII Datalogging and Wideband for the T3

Turbo224
11-12-2011, 03:29 AM
So this winter I plan to pull the R/T into the shop and add a few upgrades. Basically I plan to add a Walbo, +40's, Stage 4 cal, 3 Bar MAP, AFPR, and a TU fuel rail. Since im getting a little more serious about tuning this car, I want to make sure I put it all together with the proper tools to monitor what's going on and tune it correctly. A wideband is definitely going to be added as well as some sort of datalogging. Since im starting from scratch, i'd like to make this as easy as possible. What does everyone recommend I use to do all this? I have looked at Zeitronix and the Innovative widebands, and they both seem to offer data logging as well. Will either of these offer everything that I need, and is one any better than the other?

Correct me if im wrong, but I want to be able to datalog RPMs, boost, A/F, knock, and egt. Am I missing anything?

86Shelby
11-12-2011, 05:41 AM
If you are going to get serious about it, look into swapping an older gas tank and the corresponding Walbro into it. The outlet of the 91+ fuel pumps is less than 1/4" outside diameter. I am amazed that the pump in my R/T could supply 300 whp of fuel; heck 100 whp seems amazing while looking at it.

I'm interested in the datalogging as well; I'll pay attention from here on.

shackwrrr
11-12-2011, 07:06 AM
You can datalog on the stock computer, just need the cable. There are threads about it I could find later. The fuel pump doesn't really hurt, plenty going fast on it.

This is a decent WB, it can datalog too.

http://14point7.com/SLC-Pure-Plus-2.php

GLHNSLHT2
11-12-2011, 11:26 AM
The zietronix datalogs more out of the box. But The innovate is cheaper and you can add more to it later as you can afford it. I run innovate on all my stuff. I've only had 1 problem where my XD-16 gauge decided to die after a couple months, they replaced the whole gauge free of charge. Their customer service is the best I've ever dealt with.

turbovanmanČ
11-12-2011, 05:13 PM
If you are going to get serious about it, look into swapping an older gas tank and the corresponding Walbro into it. The outlet of the 91+ fuel pumps is less than 1/4" outside diameter. I am amazed that the pump in my R/T could supply 300 whp of fuel; heck 100 whp seems amazing while looking at it.

I'm interested in the datalogging as well; I'll pay attention from here on.

Same fuel pump in the SRT.

Their customer service is the best I've ever dealt with.

Yep, gotta agree.

Turbo224
11-16-2011, 06:53 PM
I know the stock SBEC can datalog, I guess it's the interface that i'm concerned with. I have very little experience with this type of tuning, so this will be a learning experience for me. Whatever system is the most user friendly is probably what i'll end up going with. Does anyone know if I can read knock using the zeitronix or innovative, or will I have to pull that signal from the SBEC using a scanner?

moe44688
11-16-2011, 07:03 PM
I will be doing all this to Iroc R/T as well, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Sorry I couldn't help turbo224.

turbovanmanČ
11-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I know the stock SBEC can datalog, I guess it's the interface that i'm concerned with. I have very little experience with this type of tuning, so this will be a learning experience for me. Whatever system is the most user friendly is probably what i'll end up going with. Does anyone know if I can read knock using the zeitronix or innovative, or will I have to pull that signal from the SBEC using a scanner?

Scanner is the only device that can read knock, unless you can interopelate, sic, the info and convert it to be read on a gauge, or you can make your own knock sensor listening device, ala "turboshad".

Turbo224
11-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Scanner is the only device that can read knock, unless you can interopelate, sic, the info and convert it to be read on a gauge, or you can make your own knock sensor listening device, ala "turboshad".

Yeah, that's sort of what I was expecting. Sure would be nice if someone could figure out a way to make it work.

shackwrrr
11-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Can you read knock with the ftdi cable?