PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the Ostrich or chip extender and having issues?

turbovanmanČ
11-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Long story short, I have issues using both, and thinking about it, I had the same issues on a 87Z I was trying to tune.

The issues I get are it stalls and restarts, stalls and won't restart with the CEL flashing-ASD relay clicking or stalls and catch's. I traced it finally to the Moates products as now the chip is in the computer directly. I tried a new cable, 2 Ostrich's and I have 3 chip extenders, all do it.

Story here if anyone cares. Craig at Moates said he's having an issue with the Ostrich for Dodges but not sure why the chip extender would?

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?62324-Code-42-help!

Frank
11-17-2011, 08:44 AM
I have a chip extender with the long cable and it works for the last two years.

tryingbe
11-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Sounds like A.J.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?58497-I-m-having-trouble-with-my-Ostrich-but-it-might-be-me&highlight=Ostrich

turbovanmanČ
11-17-2011, 01:12 PM
I have a chip extender with the long cable and it works for the last two years.

Its been working fine for years, then suddenly, both aren't working, even on other cars. I even tried 2 new cables, no difference. Craig said he has to update the Ostrich due to something with our Dodges?

Frank
11-17-2011, 02:55 PM
check the voltages at the chip will running...

turbovanmanČ
11-17-2011, 03:32 PM
check the voltages at the chip will running...

At the chip or at the computer? At the computer, battery voltage or running voltage.

I've had the chip directly on the computer now for over a week, no issues. It also did this on another car that runs perfectly with the chip directly in the computer.

Frank
11-17-2011, 05:19 PM
check the voltage at the chip with the car running (very carefully) at the computer. put your extender back in and do the samething at the chip.

turbovanmanČ
11-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Will do, won't have time until next week.

johnl
11-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Boyd might know, pm him, he likely would have posted if he'd seen this thread

A.J.
11-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Sounds like A.J.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?58497-I-m-having-trouble-with-my-Ostrich-but-it-might-be-me&highlight=Ostrich

My chip extender works fine, it's the Ostrich I'm having trouble with. Sometimes it works fine, then I'll change the cal and it starts crapping out over 5 lbs of boost.

John, are you going to the meeting next month?

A.J.

johnl
11-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Yes, AJ, I will plan on it. Can you source one of those two speed fan set ups for me?

A.J.
11-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Yes, AJ, I will plan on it. Can you source one of those two speed fan set ups for me?

I don't think I'll be able to hit a junkyard between now and then but I can try. I need to get some stuff for my 360 Dakota to convert the returnless fuel system to a return. Harry (tryingbe) can chime in and tell you what models & years they came on. He might even have one I can persuade him out of because he needs some valve work done on a Volvo head.

A.J.

johnl
11-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Cool, try to do get on off Harry then, If not, then I'm not in a hurry, consider it an order for when you can get around to it. LMK. See you December 1.