PDA

View Full Version : Street Nite, LVD, Lebanon, NY: Wed 7/26

Marcus86GLHS
07-24-2006, 02:47 PM
a couple of us TDers are headed to LVD for street nite on Wed the 26th, its a test and tune event typically lots of interesting cars, lots of imports to race. the weather channel is predicting good weather, but rain forcasted for this weekend so i am breaking out of this weekend rut and trying a Wed. nite instead. gates open at 5 pm.

anyone else going?

inmyshadow
07-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Not sure. I'm still waiting for my flux capacitor from TU.

Should be here any month now.

Marcus86GLHS
07-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Mr. Speed: i am going as long as it is gonna be rain-free, so try to get there, it''l be nice to see your car run with the extra 100 hp you got this year, i'll have the camcorder and the pizza for the flux capacitor.

85glht
07-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Some people have to get early the next morning...... makes it hard to stay out late on a week night.:D

inmyshadow
07-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Good News so far.

I should have the flux capacitor tomorrow. Chris sent out my baffled pan today from NY. So I should have that installed late tomorrow with fresh mobil one.

I hope its as cool as today. Car is loving all the cool air and 20lbs of boost.

later

Mr. Speed: i am going as long as it is gonna be rain-free, so try to get there, it''l be nice to see your car run with the extra 100 hp you got this year, i'll have the camcorder and the pizza for the flux capacitor.

Marcus86GLHS
07-25-2006, 01:36 AM
DAVE i hear ya on the get-up-early prob, i'm just tired of getting Saturday's rained out so that's why the Wed. seems the only solution for this summer.

JAMES it wont be cool, they are calling for 90 and humid but by the time we get the 1st pass it should be in the low 80's.

Marcus86GLHS
07-26-2006, 11:03 AM
update: I am out, James' car is "baffling" him and the chance of t-storms shot up to 50%.

85glht
07-26-2006, 03:54 PM
update: I am out, James' car is "baffling" him and the chance of t-storms shot up to 50%.

What is wrong with James' car??

Marcus86GLHS
07-26-2006, 05:20 PM
DAVE the new TU oil pan was manufactured wrong the crank/rod assembly hits the baffles...James is not a happy camper after spending hours and hours to install plus the cost of the Mobil One.

inmyshadow
07-26-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure what is hitting what, I suspect the rod is hitting the oil drainback guard.

I could have swapped back the stock pan and still have plenty of time to make to LVD. After last night's install getting finished off before work this morning. I wasn't happy when I started the car to hear the banging.

So i'm out the cost of the oil filter, 5 qts of mobil one and perhaps the oil pan gasket. Thats 50 bucks in supplies. Since there were no instructions, it took me a few hours of figuring out how the baffled pan goes on. All that time is lost too.

So I decided to take the rest of the day off. Later this week, I'll start taking things apart again. I need a ride to the parts store so I can buy more oil and a bolt for the oil pan.

On a side note, I found out why my motor was still bouncing around after I installed the solid front motor mount. The nut to the rear solid mount was missing. So either I never put it on a month ago or I never tightened it down enough.

Plus the small oil leak I had thought was from my tranny was actually the oil pan gasket. Hence the need for one oil pan bolt.

later

What is wrong with James' car??

85glht
07-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Well isn't that a kick in the balls:yuck: