PDA

View Full Version : Common Issue w/Foglights ('90 Daytona)?

DC Turismo
01-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey all... I purchased my Daytona in July, and the only remaining minor problem with it is that the foglights do not work. I'm curious as to whether or not there is a common area that I should look into that would be causing them to not be functioning, because the one's on Pat's Daytona do not work either. I have not looked into the wiring or even the fuse yet to see if it may just be blown. Any advice for me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

5sp. mini
01-02-2006, 09:04 PM
i beleave it,s a relay in the left kick pandle. there was a link to that imfo somewhere i will look AL

tryingbe
01-03-2006, 01:43 AM
Check the blubs.

Blue Iroc R/T
01-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Billy,
90% of the time, it is the bulb. They are a PITA to get the lense our due to the plastic screw clips. When you change the bulb, be sure to wrap the connector and a little on each side with some good electrical tape.

persalls
01-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Bulbs is a good place to start ! In my case they were both blown. Another thing I wonder is if anyone has a good description of rewiring the foglights to proper drivninglights, i.e. be able to have them wired to the ignition together with the tail-lights during daytime and not be forced to drive with the headlamps up all the time. There has to be some other stuff I guess, such as diods, involve but still.....nice !

I realize that it can be a "law-breaker" in some places but i would love to have it like that and with side indicators as drivinglights aswell. maybe I should point out that Iám from Sweden and my Daytona is Euro-spec.

I don´t have a wiring diagram so if anyone could point me in a proper direction it would be much appreciated !

/Best regards, Per

DC Turismo
01-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Thanks then, I'll practice taking apart some crappy spares that we have lying around before I go ruining the good ones on my car lol...

I'd def. wanna have the foglights on as driving lights as well. I assume you could wire them up to the wiring that leads to the parking light switch?