PDA

View Full Version : sport compact nationals

ohiorob
11-01-2011, 01:18 PM
at Norwalk "summit raceway park" June 2nd and 3rd 2012
on the 2nd is autocross $35
the 3rd is drag racing $35 or $60 for both days.
this time they got a FWD slick class no more running against a AWD 1000hp evo.
check out the rules. www.buschurracing.com (http://www.buschurracing.com) go to highboostforum, drag racing. I started this early so all you racers can start planning your next year racing schedule. good times at the best track in the world.

Aries_Turbo
11-01-2011, 02:03 PM
this time they got a FWD slick class no more running against a AWD 1000hp evo.

i lose track of what forum im on when i see this posted on a local rochester car forum from year to year and see you running Emery from STM. :)

Brian

unluckyty
11-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Good chance, I be going. Hopefully the car will be sorted out and run some decent, reliable times.

Greg

ohiorob
02-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Greg you still planning on going? James and I will be there. We need more mopars at this event. come on people $35 on the best track in the word, don't miss it.

unluckyty
02-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I still plan on going, if everything goes right with the car. When I get it out this spring, will begin to crank up the boost. Although my car will not be near the beast you and Reeves cars are.

Greg

ohiorob
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM
I still plan on going, if everything goes right with the car. When I get it out this spring, will begin to crank up the boost. Although my car will not be near the beast you and Reeves cars are.

Greg

Don't need to be a beast just pick a class and have fun. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

coronet2fast
02-09-2012, 01:36 PM
If my CSX is running with built motor or not I hope to be there.

ATaylorRacing
02-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Darn, June 2nd I'll be at Mountain Park Dragway in KY racing in the United Manual transmission Racers pts series and the 3rd I'll be racing for pts at Indy.

Keito
02-12-2012, 07:13 AM
I will plan on attending with my new setup.
Hopefully I can get a TNT before this and then to SDAC!

ohiorob
02-12-2012, 07:23 AM
Darn, June 2nd I'll be at Mountain Park Dragway in KY racing in the United Manual transmission Racers pts series and the 3rd I'll be racing for pts at Indy.
Good Luck

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

I will plan on attending with my new setup.
Hopefully I can get a TNT before this and then to SDAC!
Sweet I made a few changes too. hope it all works out for us.

BadAssPerformance
02-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the reminder! ... so many events, LOL!

unluckyty
05-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Just a bump, this is getting close. Hope to get front mount IC before event.

Greg

5sp. mini
05-21-2012, 08:04 AM
bump looks like fun,

dodgeshadowchik
05-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Good luck to all of you who make it out! :) Represent those Mopars against the those Mitsus and GT-R's.

unluckyty
06-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Packed up and ready to go. Just got the car back together, so be testing at event.http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll8/unluckyty92/9574c58a.jpg

Greg

BadAssPerformance
06-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Good luck everyone, let us know how you do!

ohiorob
06-04-2012, 07:06 AM
The weather was great but windy. I made it to #2 Qualifyer in the heads up fwd class with a 10.24. my first race of the day was up against Greg's Omni, sorry Greg did not want to race u but had no choice. I ran a 10.21 but not without drama. right befor the finnish line it lost power. CRAP #3 cylinder is dead. I'm done for the day. maybe the injector gone bad or my 16 year old fuel pump just not cutting it any more.
on the other hand the Reeve's family had a great day. James made it all the way to 2nd place.
It was great to see everyone.

168glhs1986
06-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Nice runs Rob. What does Gregs Omni run? 8 valve? Glhs?

unluckyty
06-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Had a great time, enjoyed event talked to a few people, and saw some hadn't seen in a while. Should have run the bracket division, at least I would of had half a chance, I was the slowest in the fwd field. Car did good ran my best with car so far 12.7 best mph was 108. Car is an glh 8 valve intercooled @ 18# boost, on a t3t4.

Rob and James did well with 2nd and 5th spots in the field.

Greg

Reeves
06-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Just now saw this thread! LOL.

Had a GREAT time. Love this track and loved this event. Good turnout of lot of nice cars, not just the typical ricer boom boom mad tyte event. Mostly REAL racers and fans.

I got 2nd place (red lit in the finals :( rick rolled) but I got some nasty motor noises. Gonna take a look tonight.

Jon Moore broke a tie rod which took out his axle on his first qualifying pass.

Rob ran a 10.2 right off the trailer with a brand new setup! How's that for action!!!

BadAssPerformance
06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Ouch on the breaks, but sounds like a good time, wish I could have made it! Congats on R/U! Who won?

Reeves
06-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Blue Honda Civic. Can't remember his name. He ran a 10.9 when I saw him run once.

BadAssPerformance
06-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Unless he had extra V-Tec or Naaws, you had him ;)

turbovanmanČ
06-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Sounds like fun and great results, :nod:

What times did you run James?

Reeves
06-04-2012, 01:54 PM
low 11's and one 10.9. Still doing some tuning and learning, lot of new stuff.

turbovanmanČ
06-04-2012, 01:55 PM
^^^^Nice.

Warren Stramer
06-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Nice work guys! How is the traction at that FWD event? do they get enough rubber layed down without the V8 cars running?
How were the 60fts? What was the ET of the #1 qualifier? sorry for all the questions.

Reeves
06-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Nice work guys! How is the traction at that FWD event? do they get enough rubber layed down without the V8 cars running?
How were the 60fts? What was the ET of the #1 qualifier? sorry for all the questions.

Traction was AWESOME. Everytime I've raced at Summit Motorsports Park I've been greatly impressed with the traction. We were pitted about 100 ft from the 1/4 mile mark and a Mazda broke down right in front of us. When the track guys came to get the broke car you could hear their shoes sticking to the track just like they would if they were at the starting line!

My 60fts. were in the mid 1.6's.

I *think* the #1 qualifier was in the high 9's.

Warren Stramer
06-04-2012, 05:43 PM
OH how I wish I wasnt SOOO far from there!! I would love to spent a race weekend there with you guys.:)

There is an up-coming Sport Compact three day event at Brainerd International Raceway I plan on attending. I think the purse is $3500 to win. Bring em out to Minn.:nod:

BadAssPerformance
06-04-2012, 07:05 PM
3-day event in MN? When is that?

Shadow
06-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Way to represent guys! What kind of boost #'s where you running James?

ohiorob
06-05-2012, 07:36 AM
OH how I wish I wasnt SOOO far from there!! I would love to spent a race weekend there with you guys.:)

There is an up-coming Sport Compact three day event at Brainerd International Raceway I plan on attending. I think the purse is $3500 to win. Bring em out to Minn.:nod:

Good Luck Warren, It would be cool to get together and run other people and not each other. It would cost me a two week pay to get there and back. maybe the wife would go for a Minnesota vacation. give us more detail on this race.

Shadow
06-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Pretty sure it's the same wknd as SDAC, so prob not going to work out for to many exept those who are close and not going to our national even............Like me :(

Reeves
06-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Way to represent guys! What kind of boost #'s where you running James?

Around 30 to 33. Still not got good control of it yet.

Good Luck Warren, It would be cool to get together and run other people and not each other. It would cost me a two week pay to get there and back. maybe the wife would go for a Minnesota vacation. give us more detail on this race.

Yes Warren, more details please! And are you going to SDAC this year?

Oh no.....is this the event you were talking about? IT is the same weekend at SDAC :(
http://www.brainerdraceway.com/drag-racing/sport-compact-diesel/index.html

Pretty sure it's the same wknd as SDAC, so prob not going to work out for to many exept those who are close and not going to our national even............Like me :(

You're not going to SDAC????? :(

Reeves
06-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Here's some pics I snapped with my cell phone. Sorry they ain't much, I always forget to take pics.

Warren Stramer
06-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Oh no.....is this the event you were talking about? IT is the same weekend at SDAC :(
http://www.brainerdraceway.com/drag-racing/sport-compact-diesel/index.html

:(

Yes, that is the event I plan on going to. I checked the sponsors website, the Total purse is $3500, not $3500 to win. I misread.

I had planned to have a new turbo installed by now but Ive been very busy, and just now started to get my car ready. I'm going to run it with the 50 trim in Brainerd, and then hopefully make the swap to the GTX over the summer.
If I had the new turbo on and sorted out, I would have been inclined to make SDAC. I'm seriously thinking about going to the big Mopar event at Indy in Sept, will just have to see how things play out. Good luck and have fun in Detroit.

BadAssPerformance
06-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Bummer you guys can't make it to SDAC :(

Warren, hope you get the 9 on the 50 trim! :hail:

Hope you can make Monster Mopar in Indy in September! Need a big FWD turnout to have our own class!

Reeves
06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
If I had the new turbo on and sorted out, I would have been inclined to make SDAC. I'm seriously thinking about going to the big Mopar event at Indy in Sept, will just have to see how things play out. Good luck and have fun in Detroit.

Would be cool to see you and your car the Mopar Event in Indy! Also don't forget about the Mopar World Finals in September at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH. I guarantee you will get your best 60fts ever. Plus free camping! Always a great time.

Hope you can make Monster Mopar in Indy in September! Need a big FWD turnout to have our own class!

:thumb:

Warren Stramer
06-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Hey James, I looked at your pics,When did NHRA start allowing welding helmets?:D I like your new brain bucket.

Shadow
06-05-2012, 04:23 PM
You're not going to SDAC????? :(

It certainly looks that way. Thought about flying out without the car, but I'm thinking things will be better next year. Just too dang much stuff to try and get worked out around here..............Still!

turbovanmanČ
06-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Damn, you guys have all the fun events.

It certainly looks that way. Thought about flying out without the car, but I'm thinking things will be better next year. Just too dang much stuff to try and get worked out around here..............Still!

I thought you were going? :confused:

Shadow
06-06-2012, 10:18 AM
I posted months ago on the SDAC thread that I most likely would not be going. Still trying to figure out Jacquies headaches + life in general.

Last round was4-5 weeks ago, new neurologist, mentioned a proceedure that sounded Very promissing! I was very hopefull and really thought it sounded like the ticket. He injected a substance (hormone/steroid?) into the back of her neck, she then took meds for a month and it was suposed to relieve the muscles in the back of the neck that he thought were pinching the nerves back there.

Sounded good, as this all started last fall with the back of her neck getting soar. Upshot of it all, it didn't do anything :( So back to square 1 :(

If that would have worked we were concidering flying out, but it's looking like it's just going to have to be next year............

BadAssPerformance
06-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Sorry to hear yer back at square 1 :( Hope you two can find a doctor with a better clue about it. Hope she's feeling OK for now. We'll definitely miss you guys this year.

Shadow
06-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks bro, her headaches have subsided to a 2-3 out of ten on most days, even to where they almost aren't there sometimes, so it's not like the 5-6 out of ten on a Good day from last year, Thank God for that!

Was just really hoping on this last solution that sounded like it could be the ticket, only clue we have to go on is that her scalp is still Very sensitive to touch and I'm believeing that what ever is causing That, is the root of the problem.

BadAssPerformance
06-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Wow, that is a bit better, awesome! I think you may be on to something with those two being connected...

86seeS
06-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Should have a few indy guys in for the monster mopar event at least 5

RoadWarrior222
06-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Chiropractors will work to free up pinched nerves in the spine/neck.. going to one at the moment, really freeing up my neck and shoulders, lower back issues coming on more slowly, but I'm only 2 weeks into the course of corrections.

unluckyty
07-31-2012, 04:34 PM
I forgot Dsport magazine cover this event, it was in their august issue. On news stands now are sept issues, with very nice coverage of the Colorado event.

Anyone have the august issue?

Greg

ohiorob
08-24-2012, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=unluckyty;937081]I forgot Dsport magazine cover this event, it was in their august issue. On news stands now are sept issues, with very nice coverage of the Colorado event.

Anyone have the august issue?

I could not find the mag anywhere so I subscribed . just got my first issue, it's October so I might send for a back issue.

Reeves
08-24-2012, 01:31 PM
I'd definitely be interested in the August issue.