PDA

View Full Version : Half-assed hybrid to a real turbo

Dave
07-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Just letting everyone know I'm swapping over to the T3/T04E 50 trim with a S2 turbine wheel.

I tried the half-assed hybrid (T3/T04B w/ S2 wheel) and it sucked. Lesson learned. I don't reccommend anybody use it.

Okay I'm off to rip the head off again. We'll see if I can have it done by midnight. :thumb:

Una
07-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Wanna sell the POS? :)

Directconnection
07-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Just letting everyone know I'm swapping over to the T3/T04E 50 trim with a S2 turbine wheel.

I tried the half-assed hybrid (T3/T04B w/ S2 wheel) and it sucked. Lesson learned. I don't reccommend anybody use it.

Okay I'm off to rip the head off again. We'll see if I can have it done by midnight. :thumb:

Was it a B compressor housing, or a stock T-II compressor housing? I thought it was the T-II housing and they're really not that bad. Waaay beter than a stock Garrett unless the trim is way off the map for the 8v heads. Maybe you have a tuning issue elswheres? (cam timing?)

Dave
07-23-2006, 09:48 PM
It was the stock T3 cover with a Super 50 wheel. Known as the infamous "half-assed hybrid."

Una - nah, can't sell it. Giving it back to Cindy in exchange for a T3/T04E 50 trim with a Stage 1 wheel... maybe. I might just use my dad's same turbo but with the Stage 2 wheel.

I'm taking the head to OhioRob's Wednesday to be ported like mad and then I'll work through the rest of the week to finish it. Should have it done Friday. *crosses fingers*

Took me 3 hours to pull the stinkin' thing. Man, I need to work on those times.