PDA

View Full Version : SDAC-22 time!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

supercrackerbox
11-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Someone said "Chicago" too, when it was actuallyt "Waukegan" :p

But it was hosted by the Chicagoland Chapter, so close enough.

After hearing that JT was the new HMFIC, I know exacly how good he is at keeping things like this quiet. What we need to do is pump his email box full of articles so he can get the next Up Front out there quickly... Typos, grammer and all

What's the deadline?

Johnny
11-08-2011, 09:58 AM
It is secret because they have no clue where it is going to be held either...:D ???

dodgeshadowchik
11-08-2011, 10:03 AM
But it was hosted by the Chicagoland Chapter, so close enough.

What's the deadline?

No real deadline, as if it doesn't make it on one newsletter; it'll just go into the next one. Always need articles! :)

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

It is secret because they have no clue where it is going to be held either...:D ???

LOL... it's been decided.

22shelby
11-08-2011, 10:50 AM
all i know is im planning on bringing both cars down :eyebrows:

Shadow
11-08-2011, 10:50 AM
In all seriousness, my real guess is Indy. Great track and facility, only a few hrs further than SDAC 21 (for me) and if you guys want to see 9's out of the Charger it's going to take a track that will hold it! :)

Johnny
11-08-2011, 10:52 AM
AND my boss said I need to know where it is by tonight or I can't go. :)

22shelby
11-08-2011, 10:56 AM
In all seriousness, my real guess is Indy. Great track and facility, only a few hrs further than SDAC 21 (for me) and if you guys want to see 9's out of the Charger it's going to take a track that will hold it! :)

what happened at 21 then??? GreatLakes Dragaway was set on kill!!!

Shadow
11-08-2011, 11:32 AM

Was fun, but the track could only hold 29psi boost in the Charger (spinning the slicks past the 330') Didn't matter as I couldn't get my two step working and it was an "off day" for me anyways! lol

I'm just saying, in order to see Brian run 8's, and me and Warren to go 9's side by each, it's going to take a Primo preped track vs a Good preped track ;)

dodgeshadowchik
11-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Meh... we'd have to piggyback onto a night when they have the big V8 cars out.... otherwise that level of prep will never happen. It could be *good*; but not like what you'd see on a "Heads up" type night. Reason? Well, for the most part those track people don't care about "wrong wheel drive cars" and therefore don't think its needed. Plus private rentals do not bring in the ca$h flow that the other events would.

ShelGame
11-08-2011, 11:40 AM
How about St. Louis? Except I thought the track was closed (bankrupt)?

EDIT: maybe not - http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=275672

Though, it seems like things are just getting re-started down there. Would be tough to already have things planned out for SDAC...

Shadow
11-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Meh... we'd have to piggyback onto a night when they have the big V8 cars out.... otherwise that level of prep will never happen. It could be *good*; but not like what you'd see on a "Heads up" type night. Reason? Well, for the most part those track people don't care about "wrong wheel drive cars" and therefore don't think its needed. Plus private rentals do not bring in the ca$h flow that the other events would.

True enough, but one can always hope.......:)

dodgeshadowchik
11-08-2011, 11:46 AM
True enough, but one can always hope.......:)

Agreed! :)

But... to most.. this is how you get noticed: lol
http://10wideracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/DRD-Mustang-wheelie-SGMP-No-junk1.jpg

22shelby
11-08-2011, 11:53 AM
in all honesty for me its a pleasure just seeing your car get down...

sdac guy
11-08-2011, 11:57 AM
How about St. Louis? . No local chapter to help out with things. We do have a few members in the area, but not many.

Barry

dodgeshadowchik
11-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Jaren: True!

However, I might have a few of the guys from the Buick/GMC auto show team that may come out to SDAC next year, as I've showed them some of the cars on here and the times they've run.... and they were like "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" LOL... so in a way, that's also regnozition; but unfortunately not the type that brings in the almighty dolla!

22shelby
11-08-2011, 12:25 PM
thanks MB u just named my Omni!!! the Omni "GTHOH" :D

ATaylorRacing
11-08-2011, 12:36 PM

As the day went on I started spinning a tiny bit more in the late rounds with the 17 second Matchbox, went off by over a tenth spinning in the final, but won due to Warrens break out.

BadAssPerformance
11-08-2011, 02:42 PM
What's the deadline?

ASAP! :thumb:

AND my boss said I need to know where it is by tonight or I can't go. :)

Tell her its an exotic place and she can go with!

Was fun, but the track could only hold 29psi boost in the Charger (spinning the slicks past the 330') Didn't matter as I couldn't get my two step working and it was an "off day" for me anyways! lol

I'm just saying, in order to see Brian run 8's, and me and Warren to go 9's side by each, it's going to take a Primo preped track vs a Good preped track ;)

We will do everything we can to get a sticky track, but as MB said its really hard to get that attention at a smaller rental event. PLUS with only 40-50 cars running and most on radials, the track gets torn up quickly as the day goes on.

Now, if you guys want to set records on a pro prepped track? I am working with Monster Mopar for a Sport Compact / FWD class in 2012 :thumb:

Shadow
11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
ASAP! :thumb:

Tell her its an exotic place and she can go with!

We will do everything we can to get a sticky track, but as MB said its really hard to get that attention at a smaller rental event. PLUS with only 40-50 cars running and most on radials, the track gets torn up quickly as the day goes on.

Now, if you guys want to set records on a pro prepped track? I am working with Monster Mopar for a Sport Compact / FWD class in 2012 :thumb:

Very cool, and I want to be clear here, I'm NOT complaining at all!!!!!!! I'm just thinking how cool it would be to see some of the faster cars in the community actually be able to run their #'s AT an SDAC event!

+ I think we may have dropped the ball in Wakeegan, as Barry said that they were willing to spray the high end of the track and I don't know IF anyone actually brough it to their attention after the fact. :(

sdac guy
11-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Very cool, and I want to be clear here, I'm NOT complaining at all!!!!!!! I'm just thinking how cool it would be to see some of the faster cars in the community actually be able to run their #'s AT an SDAC event!

+ I think we may have dropped the ball in Wakeegan, as Barry said that they were willing to spray the high end of the track and I don't know IF anyone actually brought it to their attention after the fact. :(Very early in the day there, the track manager came out to the gate and said he had complaints about the track not hooking. I told him to talk to Brian and Warren (I described their cars to him) to get their opinions and then follow up on whatever was needed. Turns out it was Brian and Warren that complained (at least that is what I was told later).

It was made clear to them all along that cost was not a factor, we were willing to pay for a properly prepped track. But what he did after he talked to me, whether he talked to Brian or Warren, and whether any changes were made I don't know. Earlier, in front of the track manager, he track owner made it clear that he wanted us happy, period.

But when we were talking a couple months before and I asked about track prep (sticky) the owner said that he wasn't partial to having a really sticky track for front wheel drive cars. From his experience with the import crowd, all that resulted from a sticky track was broken axles and trannys. I told him our guys wanted the track to hook and understood the strain that may put on the drivetrain.

On the couple runs I made in my Daytona in the afternoon, the track was way better hooking than I've experienced before. Usually the car just sends the tires up in smoke when the boost comes on in 1st. That didn't happen there, and when I hit 2nd it grabbed so hard the center of my dash came apart, with the vent trim landing in the passenger seat and the heater controls dangling by their vacuum lines. That was a first. :)

Barry

moparman76_69
11-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Yeah after some of the guys on slicks started running I hooked on streets better than I did locally on slicks.

Warren Stramer
11-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Very early in the day there, the track manager came out to the gate and said he had complaints about the track not hooking. I told him to talk to Brian and Warren (I described their cars to him) to get their opinions and then follow up on whatever was needed. Turns out it was Brian and Warren that complained (at least that is what I was told later).

It was made clear to them all along that cost was not a factor, we were willing to pay for a properly prepped track. But what he did after he talked to me, whether he talked to Brian or Warren, and whether any changes were made I don't know. Earlier, in front of the track manager, he track owner made it clear that he wanted us happy, period.

But when we were talking a couple months before and I asked about track prep (sticky) the owner said that he wasn't partial to having a really sticky track for front wheel drive cars. From his experience with the import crowd, all that resulted from a sticky track was broken axles and trannys. I told him our guys wanted the track to hook and understood the strain that may put on the drivetrain.

On the couple runs I made in my Daytona in the afternoon, the track was way better hooking than I've experienced before. Usually the car just sends the tires up in smoke when the boost comes on in 1st. That didn't happen there, and when I hit 2nd it grabbed so hard the center of my dash came apart, with the vent trim landing in the passenger seat and the heater controls dangling by their vacuum lines. That was a first. :)

Barry

Who? Me?, complain? :D Yes I most likely did "comment" on the track, but no one from management talked to me. I did see them working on the first half of the track later on and it did improve a bunch up to the 1/8 mark, after that, not so much.But that's water under the bridge.
what they have done at tracks out here at private events is invite a select few FAST dragster or door car owners to bring their cars for a reduced price, all you can run, test session. It lays down a good bit of fresh rubber for the FWDs and they get to test without other competitors watching. But the track still has to be well prepped.

ATaylorRacing
11-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I LOVE running in points series against all of the V8 crowd....they lay down the rubber and in teh case of teh United Manual Transmission Racers series cars they rip bald spots onto the pavement when they run the class through...BUT, I have "WRONG wheel drive" and always hook at their events. Old Matchbox is not a posi unit car and will spin the rt front a bit if traction starts going away. Its sub 2.2 short times show that it launches darn well for a mid 16 second car....quicker by nearly a full second from SDAC-21 ets due to a fresher common block rather than a worn out tall block 2.5 motor.

moparjon2007
11-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah after some of the guys on slicks started running I hooked on streets better than I did locally on slicks.
Cause Race Van...

86seeS
11-09-2011, 08:53 PM
sdac 22 is NOT in indiana I can tell you this with 1000% assurance

22shelby
11-09-2011, 09:53 PM
lol i can tell you Wes is right :nod:

BadAssPerformance
11-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Nobody guesses with 1000% unless they are damn right!

csxtra
11-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Nobody guesses with 1000% unless they are damn right!

You know Damn Right!

supercrackerbox
11-10-2011, 04:30 AM
No real deadline, as if it doesn't make it on one newsletter; it'll just go into the next one. Always need articles!

Well, I was working on one for the Knowledge Center, but I'm fine with it being in the newsletter too if everyone else is. Just be forewarned there's a lot of pictures.

ShelGame
11-10-2011, 09:12 AM
sdac 22 is NOT in indiana I can tell you this with 1000% assurance

Well, then, it must be in... Muncie!

BadAssPerformance
11-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Well, I was working on one for the Knowledge Center, but I'm fine with it being in the newsletter too if everyone else is. Just be forewarned there's a lot of pictures.

Thats cool. :thumb:

Shadow
11-10-2011, 02:39 PM
So no one has hit the nail yet? How about warm? Hot? Even though it won't narrow it down as the guesses are all over the map, can we get a "feeler" response to keep us going :) (dog/bone = happy dog :P)

BadAssPerformance
11-10-2011, 02:41 PM
LOL, thanks... got that AC/DC song in my head now!

Shadow
11-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Well, that Was the general idea. :eyebrows: Like water torture, rolling round and round in your head till you give up the secret location ;)

BadAssPerformance
11-10-2011, 08:14 PM
No torture at all! :rockon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0YZTXkFbEA

Shadow
11-10-2011, 08:21 PM
I should have known........:banghead:

Force Fed Mopar
11-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Must be in... South Carolina!!! Everybody is gonna sleep in a tent surrounded by tiki torches lol.

dodgeshadowchik
11-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Must be in... South Carolina!!! Everybody is gonna sleep in a tent surrounded by tiki torches lol.

This would be cool. :)

Force Fed Mopar
11-10-2011, 09:08 PM
I've done it... except w/o the tent and tiki torches lol... slept on an air mattress outside under a canopy w/ my gf (now my wife :thumb:) when I went to CMP for a weekend of racing.

30 PSI SHADOW
11-11-2011, 12:33 AM
it funny i was just looking at the "tail of the dragon" wow that could be awesome to have SDAC there. Is there any tracks near Knoxville?

22shelby
11-11-2011, 12:24 PM
i know where its at but im keeping a....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps4KSZ7MMB4

minigts
11-11-2011, 02:17 PM
HA! It looks like Jon Trotter(minigts)... :thumb:

You beat me to it.

Dang you guys are jerks! I don't look that bad! hahaha Better make sure I've got some abs of steel when I take my shirt off in public, I may get mistaken for this guy again! :)

cordes
11-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Dang you guys are jerks! I don't look that bad! hahaha Better make sure I've got some abs of steel when I take my shirt off in public, I may get mistaken for this guy again! :)

You had better look out. Saying that the guy in the pic looks bad has now caused him to start working out too. You had better step up your game in secrecy.

minigts
11-11-2011, 03:04 PM
You had better look out. Saying that the guy in the pic looks bad has now caused him to start working out too. You had better step up your game in secrecy.

haha 80 sit ups a day and a glass of prune juice. I'll be in the best shape of my life by SDAC-22.

Johnny
11-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Round is a shape!

black86glhs
11-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Round is a shape!

Yeah....sadly I represent that statement more than I would like. :(

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

wheming
11-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Been away from the game for a while, but would like to make it to a big SDAC event again. Several years ago I made it to one with Slugmobile. It was the first time for both of us. I think either Slug or Mini will be in good enough shape to make it this coming year, if within a reasonable distance. I'll be anxious to here the details, so i can try to plan.

BadAssPerformance
11-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Awesome, hope you can make it!

wheming
11-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Me too! Here's hoping for reasonable distance. I don't own any trailers or trailer queens... ;)

moparjon2007
11-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Yeah....sadly I represent that statement more than I would like. :(

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Ditto...

30 PSI SHADOW
11-16-2011, 12:28 PM
be good to see you wayne. Long time!

wheming
11-17-2011, 01:51 AM
be good to see you wayne. Long time!

I know. I do miss it. But I'm trying to get stuff repaired and worked on to be able to make it. Even if I can't get paint on anything by then, hopefully they'll at least be mechanically good.
I'll be home for turkey day, and I'm going to try and visit an uncle in Brandon, VT. Also need to see if I can catch up with Seth while I'm back in MA for a few days.
You want to try and get together? Especially if you're in the know about where 22 is going to be! ;)

30 PSI SHADOW
11-17-2011, 12:20 PM
hooking up sounds great! not sure when you will be up here but i will be going to virginia the day after turkey day. if your up here before, call me 802 345 4077 im off all week!

Steve in VA
11-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Bill

Stop by the house on your way 95 south to Fredricksburg to check out the Rampage. Maybe we can get hammered again, but this time I'll drive you home.

30 PSI SHADOW
11-18-2011, 12:26 AM
i will look you up...

168glhs1986
11-29-2011, 07:56 PM
This thread is dead, please close it....or just go ahead and spill the beans, lol

BadAssPerformance
11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Hold the beans! LOL...

Force Fed Mopar
11-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Spill them already! :D

86seeS
11-30-2011, 12:41 AM
How long till the beans spill over!! Were all hungry!!!!

turbojerk
11-30-2011, 07:08 AM
losing interest.....

Force Fed Mopar
11-30-2011, 09:26 AM
We hongry brah.

shackwrrr
11-30-2011, 09:48 AM
I just signed up and payed my dues, can you tell a new member? I'd like to know so I can make the goal to have my car done by then ;)

Johnny
11-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Good try, us old members dont even know.

89FerrariShelby
11-30-2011, 10:08 AM
We hongry brah.

Pockets aint empty cuz!!!

I did care, but then I realized there's no way I can get the vacation days (going to Cambodia next year). So enjoy all!

Khajjathefang
11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Soooo beans?

Reaper1
11-30-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm going to have to know by the end of December so if I can make it I can make the appropriate plans.

BadAssPerformance
11-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Working on the SDAc "Up Front" newsletter THIS WEEK and also planning to have the dates and location in the TM/SDAC calendars...

Force Fed Mopar
11-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Yeah it's getting pretty close to the deadline for knowing for a lot of people to ask off, I think.

sdac guy
11-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah it's getting pretty close to the deadline for knowing for a lot of people to ask off, I think.You guys are only waiting on the location. SDAC-22 should start June 23, 2012, which is the Saturday after Father's Day. I thought that was made clear earlier in this or the other thread.

Barry

Force Fed Mopar
11-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Ah, forgot that. However, location gives the distance, and that may make or break some peoples trips. So, still need to know soon :D

wheming
11-30-2011, 10:42 PM
If the venue is decided, what exactly is the purpose of keeping it a secret?
I'd sure like to know if I can make the drive. Or more specifically, if Slugmobile or Mean Mini will be able to make the drive!

If you want SDAC members to know first I've got 3800 rollover minutes...I'll call members for you... ;)

168glhs1986
11-30-2011, 11:20 PM
If you want SDAC members to know first I've got 3800 rollover minutes...I'll call members for you... ;)

Since SDAC doesn't have a forum like some other auto clubs ( Shelby American Auto Club, among others ), I would say Turbo-Mopar is basically the official SDAC forum anyway. Starting a forum on the SDAC website, what better way to drive up membership? But anyway, I tried to go down the suggestion path and my thread was moved to never never land.....

BTW - look where SAAC is having there annual meet.

Taken from the SAAC website: The Shelby American Automobile Club announced today that SAAC-37, the club's National Convention, will be held at Watkins Glen, NY on June 7-9, 2012. Details have been sent to the members; more info to follow over the coming months.

Are you kidding me, Watkins Glen????????? Unfortunately the only other Shelby I want costs about 2.5 million so I won't be joining SAAC anytime soon.

T-Bohn
11-30-2011, 11:46 PM
I like the Glen. I took a two day Keith Code Superbike School there about 10-12yrs. ago.

Flat out down the back straight on a 600 was a good time!! Nice track and smoother than you would guess considering how far north it is.

BadAssPerformance
12-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Since SDAC doesn't have a forum like some other auto clubs ( Shelby American Auto Club, among others ), I would say Turbo-Mopar is basically the official SDAC forum anyway.

...and TM has been generous to give SDAC a section :thumb:

Honestly if our SDAC e-mailing list wasn't FUBAR right now I would probably have announced it there... maybe in the SDAC Members section here then. Hmmm...

168glhs1986
12-01-2011, 12:14 AM
...and TM has been generous to give SDAC a section :thumb:

maybe in the SDAC Members section here then. Hmmm...

Where is the SDAC members section and why didn't I know about it?

BadAssPerformance
12-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Where is the SDAC members section and why didn't I know about it?

Here:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?54-SDAC-Members-Only

There is a group request under user control panel somewhere

sdac guy
12-01-2011, 12:26 AM
As far as not releasing the dates too soon (not really keeping it a secret). First and foremost we have always needed to make sure we really can hold it in the area we wish at the dates we want. If a change is done at the last minute, then we don't need to take the trouble of re-notifying folks.

Secondly, but just as important, we notify our members first.

How would you feel if you were an SDAC member that wasn't on any online forums or mailing lists, and a public announcement was made online (which you didn't see) and one of your buddies that wasn't an SDAC member told you when and where the event would be held. Wouldn't it make you feel like you were being shortchanged a little, wouldn't it make you feel a little like you may be paying dues needlessly when a friend that wasn't a member heard about the event before you?

Since only about 1/3 or less of the SDAC membership has an online presence, we are not talking about one or two members getting the word later than the rest of the world, we are talking about the majority of the club.

So, as long as the new SDAC management wants to follow the pattern set, we hold our event starting the weekend after Father's Day in late June. This is usually the last week of June, but not always. People can count on this and make vacation plans well ahead of the usual required notice their employers demand.

Once the venue is fairly set then notice to ALL the SDAC members is scheduled for the next newsletter. After that an announcement is made to the public via the internet forums and the SDAC website. That is how it is done. We understand many folks are anxious to know the location, but our members come first, ALL of our members.

Taken from the SAAC website: The Shelby American Automobile Club announced today that SAAC-37, the club's National Convention, will be held at Watkins Glen, NY on June 7-9, 2012. Details have been sent to the members; more info to follow over the coming months.

Are you kidding me, Watkins Glen?????????

Yep, that is the kind of venue that having a few hundred participants allow them to afford. I had a friend that was a member of SAAC and went to a few of their meets. She said there was typically 400-500 members attending and about a third of them would sign up for the road course.

At our recent events, we got 140-150 attending and usually less than 20 sign up for a road course (when we've been able to do it). We only get 30 some for an autocross. All I can do is shake my head and laugh about it.

Barry

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Where is the SDAC members section and why didn't I know about it?Maybe you should read more than just the popular threads! j/k

This is a better link than what JT provided, it tells how to gain access to the SDAC Members Only forum.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?11227-Forum-for-SDAC-Members-only-Read-Here!

Barry

cordes
12-01-2011, 01:39 AM
I agree with Barry 100%. I also agree that it's no mystery when SDAC will be. Given how early the location is announced I've got to believe that 99% of us can get a few days off with 6mo. notice.

Aries_Turbo
12-01-2011, 10:52 AM
i put in for all my 2012 vacation in nov 2011 just in case. :)

Brian

dodgeshadowchik
12-01-2011, 12:53 PM
It'll take place somewhere in this area:
http://www.50states.com/images/us_map.gif

:)

glhs0075
12-01-2011, 01:39 PM

:)So it's more likely to be held in Hawaii than Canada!?
WTF!;)

sdac guy
12-01-2011, 02:00 PM
So it's more likely to be held in Hawaii than Canada!?
WTF!;)I strongly doubt SDAC will ever be held in Canada again. In 2001, when SDAC-11 was at Brantford ON, we had a real mess to go through to organize it, and to deal with the customs and border issues. Not only for us organizing it, but even our members crossing the border. Later that year the towers came down and getting across the border all changed for the worse, both for individuals and for business. And seeing that the turnout in Ontario was fairly poor, having SDAC go back to Canada isn't worth considering.

Barry

ForzaV12
12-01-2011, 02:33 PM

Fixed:

Shadow
12-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Fixed:

Even more fixed ;)

89FerrariShelby
12-01-2011, 04:22 PM
As far as not releasing the dates too soon (not really keeping it a secret). First and foremost we have always needed to make sure we really can hold it in the area we wish at the dates we want. If a change is done at the last minute, then we don't need to take the trouble of re-notifying folks.

Based on the way it was "announced" it sounds like a done deal. I guess my thought is, if you're confident enough to put it in a mailing, why not online?

Secondly, but just as important, we notify our members first.

How would you feel if you were an SDAC member that wasn't on any online forums or mailing lists, and a public announcement was made online (which you didn't see) and one of your buddies that wasn't an SDAC member told you when and where the event would be held. Wouldn't it make you feel like you were being shortchanged a little, wouldn't it make you feel a little like you may be paying dues needlessly when a friend that wasn't a member heard about the event before you?

I get the premise, but I disagree.

1.) It's not like this is some exclusive premier club, membership is fairly cheap if i recall correctly

2.) Secondly, if you (the general form, not you specifically) really care about SDAC and the turnout at the events, you would want to make it as likely as possible that the most number of people could make it, regardless of membership. The sooner you can release the location, the more likely it is that more people will attend. While some would argue the number of people that would miss because of a delay of a month or two (8 months before) i would counter with its still probably higher than the number of people that would actually have sour grapes over not being the *first* to know.

Besides, what about the SDAC members who do have a web presence, is it fair to them to make them wait because some members are behind the times? What about their feelings?

A great compromise would be to post it on your website....that way you're simply announcing it online and not on a forum to a specific group of people, or even better, like JT said, in the SDAC members part of this forum.

I'm not trying to start a fight, nor is it really that important to me, just in reading your post i thought it left out some key counterpoints that i think have some merit. Just felt the need to put them out there. I get why it is/was done this way, I guess I just feel the pro's outweigh the cons in releasing it at this point (it was mentioned it's going in print, so my understanding is that passes the sniff test on validity/solidity).

glhs0075
12-01-2011, 05:25 PM
I strongly doubt SDAC will ever be held in Canada again. In 2001, when SDAC-11 was at Brantford ON, we had a real mess to go through to organize it, and to deal with the customs and border issues. Not only for us organizing it, but even our members crossing the border. Later that year the towers came down and getting across the border all changed for the worse, both for individuals and for business. And seeing that the turnout in Ontario was fairly poor, having SDAC go back to Canada isn't worth considering.

Barry
Sorry Barry, I fully understand the reasoning. That was my sarcastic smiley!

BadAssPerformance
12-01-2011, 06:46 PM
....or even better, like JT said, in the SDAC members part of this forum.

Thanks. I will post it in the members section this weekend

shackwrrr
12-01-2011, 07:00 PM

Can you add me in that group, dues are paid. ;)

moparjon2007
12-01-2011, 07:36 PM

I bet if you draw a 1200mile circle around Nashville, TN you'll get a good idea of where 22 will be.

dodgeshadowchik
12-01-2011, 07:40 PM
I bet if you draw a 1200mile circle around Nashville, TN you'll get a good idea of where 22 will be.

I bet you are right. LOL

Force Fed Mopar
12-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Since like 90% of SDAC's happen within that radius, not a hard deduction to make :)

168glhs1986
12-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Posting the location in the sdac sub forum is a terrific idea, I'll take 50% credit for that, thank you very little. How hard would it be to make the sdac website more interactive and add a forum and a voice for its members? I'll be the first to send money to help fund it.

sdac guy
12-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Can you add me in that group, dues are paid. ;)You MUST go to the thread and follow the directions. We CAN NOT add anyone. They must make the request by going to the Permission Group section in their UCP. Once a request is made, we can (and if your membership is current) and then will okay the request, which adds you to the group.

That is the only way it can be done (unless we all get Frank power!).

Barry

shackwrrr
12-01-2011, 09:15 PM
You MUST go to the thread and follow the directions. We CAN NOT add anyone. They must make the request by going to the Permission Group section in their UCP. Once a request is made, we can (and if your membership is current) and then will okay the request, which adds you to the group.

That is the only way it can be done (unless we all get Frank power!).

Barry

Sorry, I didn't mention, I did that already.

sdac guy
12-01-2011, 09:27 PM
JT. Or the minions, lol, please add me to the shelby members only forum. Posting it thereis a terrific idea, I'll take 50% credit for that. Now how hard would it be to make the sdac website more interactive and add a forum and a voice for its members? I'll be the first to send money to help fund it.It won't get used. We've discussed a members only forum before (amongst the management team).

But lets look at the numbers we know to be true. While the list of members in the SDAC members only forum shows about 125, many of those have let their membership lapse and we have been nice enough to leave them because it is such a pita to re-instate someone there if/when they renew. But if we prune the members of that forum to the actual SDAC members in good standing, there will be well less than 100.

We also have an email list that when our overall membership was approaching 500, we still never got much above 100 on that. You might say that you are unaware of a mailing list. That is because it has been having trouble delivering email to many domains and we stopped advertising it in the newsletter.

So we go to the trouble of getting a forum set up for about 100 people which today is less than 1/3 of our total membership. What is the benefit that we don't have here? Just to say it is our "own" forum. Were not in a contest with other forums, we have a home here at TM. That point is advertised in our newsletter once or twice a year.

Another example is the Team Shelby forum, many of the folks that frequent TM also go to the Shelby Dodge section there. But they still only get one or two posts a week on average. If I went to the trouble of making a forum for SDAC members on the SDAC website and only got that kind of traffic I would almost slit my wrists I'd be so depressed. I am convinced that what we have here at TM suits us just fine.

Based on the way it was "announced" it sounds like a done deal. I guess my thought is, if you're confident enough to put it in a mailing, why not online?It will, after all the members are notified.

2.) Secondly, if you (the general form, not you specifically) really care about SDAC and the turnout at the events, you would want to make it as likely as possible that the most number of people could make it, regardless of membership. The sooner you can release the location, the more likely it is that more people will attend. While some would argue the number of people that would miss because of a delay of a month or two (8 months before) i would counter with its still probably higher than the number of people that would actually have sour grapes over not being the *first* to know.It is not a "first to know" based concept. SDAC values and respects the membership. Far more than we have any respect at all for those that are merely curious and are not members of SDAC. SDAC is a club, we do things for our members. By far, the majority of the folks that attend SDAC conventions ARE members of SDAC.

While your argument about more notice would lead to higher turnout seems to make sense, the things that really affect SDAC turnout appear to be gas prices and the overall health of the economy. It wasn't that many years ago that we didn't announce the site until after the New Year. In fact the last few years the announcement has usually been in the late fall (October-November).

But with the transition of the club management this October, it complicated the issue of site selection. So the notice didn't go out in the newsletter in October, and the decision was made to publish the notice in the December issue. That's how it happened this year. Live with it. :D

Barry

sdac guy
12-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Sorry, I didn't mention, I did that already.Okey dokey. I just checked and there are 9 requests pending. I don't know if JT wants to do them or if it is okay for me to do them. A couple of them are questionable as they might have been join/renew since I stopped getting the notices. I've emailed JT on this.

Barry

168glhs1986
12-01-2011, 10:17 PM
It won't get used. We've discussed a members only forum before (amongst the management team).

But lets look at the numbers we know to be true. While the list of members in the SDAC members only forum shows about 125, many of those have let their membership lapse and we have been nice enough to leave them because it is such a pita to re-instate someone there if/when they renew. But if we prune the members of that forum to the actual SDAC members in good standing, there will be well less than 100.

We also have an email list that when our overall membership was approaching 500, we still never got much above 100 on that. You might say that you are unaware of a mailing list. That is because it has been having trouble delivering email to many domains and we stopped advertising it in the newsletter.

So we go to the trouble of getting a forum set up for about 100 people which today is less than 1/3 of our total membership. What is the benefit that we don't have here? Just to say it is our "own" forum. Were not in a contest with other forums, we have a home here at TM. That point is advertised in our newsletter once or twice a year.

Another example is the Team Shelby forum, many of the folks that frequent TM also go to the Shelby Dodge section there. But they still only get one or two posts a week on average. If I went to the trouble of making a forum for SDAC members on the SDAC website and only got that kind of traffic I would almost slit my wrists I'd be so depressed. I am convinced that what we have here at TM suits us just fine.

I understand your not wanting to build a website to compete with turbo-mopar because it's nice over here. I think I said this before, but SDAC should offer to buy out Turbo-Mopar.com. This will help the club long-term and who knows, maybe Frank would donate this site to the club, lol.

shackwrrr
12-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Okey dokey. I just checked and there are 9 requests pending. I don't know if JT wants to do them or if it is okay for me to do them. A couple of them are questionable as they might have been join/renew since I stopped getting the notices. I've emailed JT on this.

Barry

Thanks

sdac guy
12-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I understand your not wanting to build a website to compete with turbo-mopar because it's nice over here. I think I said this before, but SDAC should offer to buy out Turbo-Mopar.com. This will help the club long-term and who knows, maybe Frank would donate this site to the club, lol.:lol::lol::lol: Now that's funny!

Hey, we know when we got a sweet deal, as said at a recent SDAC, "Shhhhhhh"

In seriousness, two things prevent what you suggest, first SDAC is a non-profit and really can't have a commercial enterprise. Secondly, the cost of this site and server is far more than SDAC could ever afford.

And just for good measure, this is Frank's (and Ken's) "Baby."

Barry

Aries_Turbo
12-02-2011, 12:10 AM
I understand your not wanting to build a website to compete with turbo-mopar because it's nice over here. I think I said this before, but SDAC should offer to buy out Turbo-Mopar.com. This will help the club long-term and who knows, maybe Frank would donate this site to the club, lol.

lol, you have some crazy ideas my friend. :)

Brian

moparjon2007
12-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Posting the location in the sdac sub forum is a terrific idea, I'll take 50% credit for that, thank you very little. How hard would it be to make the sdac website more interactive and add a forum and a voice for its members? I'll be the first to send money to help fund it.

Would it be possible to link the member's forum on the Sdac website? With either above or below the link some simple signup instructions and forum request instructions for t-m.com???

supercrackerbox
12-02-2011, 01:33 PM
When Dave came to Council Bluffs, we all asked, but he stayed pretty tight lipped. Amber and I have a guess based on his body language, but we're no experts so that's certainly not enough to go on.

BadAssPerformance
12-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Okey dokey. I just checked and there are 9 requests pending. I don't know if JT wants to do them or if it is okay for me to do them. A couple of them are questionable as they might have been join/renew since I stopped getting the notices. I've emailed JT on this.

Barry

I'm writing my THIRD reply to this.. hotel internet is crappy! :( Been out of town, but will have time to get to this tomorrow. Thanks for the offer Barry!

moparjon2007
12-03-2011, 01:40 AM
Damn, and here I saw JT posted, thought it might be a location...

supercrackerbox
12-03-2011, 06:00 AM
I seem to remember not that long ago that the location wasn't announced until about February . . .

BadAssPerformance
12-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Fixed:

That does narrow it down.

...and reminds me to add an "SDAC-23 and future SDAC Locations" Article to "Up Front"

Mopar318
12-03-2011, 01:32 PM

...and reminds me to add an "SDAC-23 and future SDAC Locations" Article to "Up Front"

I bet it is in Jackson, Mississippi. That way the TM donks are invited.

DC Turismo
12-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Working on the SDAc "Up Front" newsletter THIS WEEK and also planning to have the dates and location in the TM/SDAC calendars...

Will SDAC members be receiving this newsletter (and learn of the location) before Calendar recipients (since you don't have to be an SDAC member to buy one of the TM calendars?)

Just to note I did see this post but still have the above question:

Shadow
12-03-2011, 04:55 PM

Crap! That means my downsized version is out. So add an extra day tavel for anyone coming from my area :( :yuck::o:mad::eek::banghead::p

BadAssPerformance
12-03-2011, 04:55 PM
I've been out of town this week, but finally back, so I thought I'd take a minute to address everything in more than a one line response.

----------------------------------------------------------
NEWSLETTERS

Our first newsletter is taking a little longer than planned. Our initial intention was to have it out by Thanksgiving, including the SDAC-22 announcement to members. Stuff happens.

Why is it late? Plain and simple:

-It is our first one, steep learning curve
-Arranging everything with a new print shop
-Waiting on a couple key articles
-etc.

It is in the works, however delayed. Sorry. I will take the blame here as I have put things like preparing the calendar in front of this. My current goal is to have it in the mail in the next two weeks, for sure before Christmas.

Any members out there who want to help? Articles! You want to see more newsletters? Even monthly ones? Feed us good articles, and it will happen! :) Less articles? Less newsletters :( its a simple equation really.

SDAC-22 ANNOUNCEMENT

I really would like that most of our members would be online, but as mentioned this is not the case... AND our members only e-mailing list is pretty much FUBAR and we are actively looking at new options for this. ...stay tuned

The official SDAC-22 Location Announcement will be made officially in the following order TOMORROW, 12/4/2011:

SDAC ACTIVE MEMBERS - Direct/mass e-mails

SDAC e-mailing list (if anyone gets this in its current state?)

T-M.com "SDAC Members Section" Announcement Thread

CALENDARS

2012 TM/SDAC Calendars... Yes, TM/SDAC as MOST of the cars included are SDAC members :thumb:

I have the proof open right now, and it looks great! I need to have them correct a couple small things but should be ready to print this week. This meeans they will hopefully be mailed next weekend. This is to make sure they get to folks ASAP and before the holidays in case some are gifts.

The SDAC-22 location/dates are in the calendar, so if you are not an SDAC member and want to find out, buy one!

Thanks. Any questions?

cordes
12-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Can I claim that I already know where it's at?

cordes
12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Bueller?

Oggie Fisher
12-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Has the announcement been made?

cordes
12-04-2011, 09:38 PM
How about now?

shackwrrr
12-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Got my email about 15 min ago ;)

86seeS
12-04-2011, 10:38 PM
I know I know!!!!

cordes
12-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Seriously? I would have thought for sure that I would have received it too then.

BadAssPerformance
12-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Mass e-mail announcement sent to all SDAC members :thumb:

Some may get it twice as I sent it from both my SDAC and BAP accounts. I'll send it to the SDAC mailing list soon, but guessing only a dozen or so will see it due to mailing list issues that need to be fixed.

Next I will add new SDAC members to the TM SDAC members section... then go make dinner (starving)... then post it in TM SDAC members section

cordes
12-04-2011, 10:40 PM
After dinner? This is crazy talk!

moparjon2007
12-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Figures, just checked email, nothing from SDAC mailing list or SDAC-CHI... Grrr

moparman76_69
12-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Yeah I am apparently not on the SDAC email list. How do I rectify that?

shackwrrr
12-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Check junk, since it was a mass email it might get kicked. Also it might get held up in the interwebs because some server somewhere crashed at the same moment JT sent the emails because some geek in IT spilled surge on the main frame.

moparjon2007
12-04-2011, 11:26 PM
George, http://www.sdml.org/

Turbo3Iroc
12-04-2011, 11:47 PM
I didnt get the email. Nothing in my spam folder either.

cordes
12-05-2011, 12:02 AM
I didnt get the email. Nothing in my spam folder either.

Same here. We must not be on the list properly.

shmedley
12-05-2011, 12:26 AM
I haven't gotten any email either :(

BadAssPerformance
12-05-2011, 01:05 AM
George, http://www.sdml.org/

This is NOT the SDAC Mailing list. That is the SDML.

It was not sent to a mailing list, but instead direct to all current, new, and recently expired members. Not sure why peopel didnt get it unless I have old e-mail addy's for folks?

I will post it in the SDAC Members section of TM right now...

sdac guy
12-05-2011, 01:09 AM
George, http://www.sdml.org/Incorrect, unless you were joking.

The SDML is the Shelby Dodge Mailing List. It is run by the same guy that runs the Shelby Registry. Neither of which are associated with SDAC.

SDAC, has a mailing list but it has problems delivering to some email domains. This situation has been a problem for way too long.

But, the notice JT sent out did not go to the mailing list, it went directly to you (read his post again).

So if you didn't get it, then did you supply your correct email addy to SDAC the last time you renewed? Many folks leave that blank. When renewing online it is a required field, but some people put "throw away" addresses there. So if you don't give SDAC your common correct email addy, then SDAC can't send you an email to contact you.

(one of my pet peeves when I was running SDAC) :lol:

Barry

BadAssPerformance
12-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Posted in SDAC Members section :thumb:

...now to go finish the TM/SDAC Calendars... ciao

supercrackerbox
12-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Hmm, did not get the email, but saw the thread.

Seems Dave should never play poker with Amber, she read him well.

moparman76_69
12-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Is the SDAC website on the same server as TM? Reason I ask is yahoo blacklisted the IP and that might explain why I didn't get the email. Yahoo is gonna force me to use gmail if they keep it up.

Also I didn't know they made surge anymore...

168glhs1986
12-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Jacksonville? Jk - sign up to be an SDAC member now and find out where!

shackwrrr
12-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Yahoo is gonna force me to use gmail if they keep it up.

Also I didn't know they made surge anymore...

Come to the dark side, we have cookies.

Oh and any respectable IT geek is going to have a stash of it from the 90's.

Reaper1
12-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Surge ROCKS! IT was reintroduced under a different name and with less caffeine later on. It's still out...just can't remember the name right now.

86seeS
12-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Volt the name

shmedley
12-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Vault and it actually has more caffeine

BadAssPerformance
12-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Vault Zero.. yep, thats the goods! Too bad they dropped it and I had to switch to Pepsi Maxx with the same caffiene but not nearly as tasty

wheming
12-06-2011, 02:39 AM
More idle banter please...
It'll help pass the time for the rest of us till we hear the location...
;)

supercrackerbox
12-06-2011, 03:24 AM
No love for Jolt Cola?

sdac guy
12-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Just black coffee for me. I drink about a pot a day (72 oz).

Already on my 3rd cup so that is 1/2 the pot gone.

Can't drink sugared drinks, don't care much for diet drinks.

Barry

Force Fed Mopar
12-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Just black coffee for me. I drink about a pot a day (72 oz).

Already on my 3rd cup so that is 1/2 the pot gone.

Same, only one cup this morning though. However, I drank like 4-5 cups last night over several hours of TV watching til I went to bed at 2:30 am :D Oh, I don't drink it black though, use cream but no sugar.

86seeS
12-06-2011, 06:46 PM
JOLT! Thats what I was thinking of

moparjon2007
12-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Hell yeah, remember Double Jolt? I can't believe my mom let me buy and drink that stuff.

22shelby
12-06-2011, 10:29 PM
die hard Monster green for me!!! to the point its almost an obsession for me.... haha the sdac-cl guys will tell you how much of that shtuff i drink...hmmm i wonder if monster would sponser a 80s style fwd Chrysler... soooo anyways can we please hear the announcement.... please... i said please.... very nicely :D

shmedley
12-06-2011, 11:49 PM
For the Low Low Price of $30.00 you can find out where it is by joining SDAC :thumb:

W.P._Turbocars
12-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Even if I joined I'd be like the only dude in the state. :lol:

cordes
12-13-2011, 05:52 PM

You've got to start somewhere.

sdac guy
12-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Even if I joined I'd be like the only dude in the state. :lol:Actually, there are 4-5 other current and former SDAC members in Arkansas.

Barry

shmedley
12-13-2011, 11:20 PM

Got to start somewhere

86seeS
12-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Actually, there are 4-5 other current and former SDAC members in Arkansas.

Barry

Looks like hes late to the party

wheming
01-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Still waiting for the beans to be spilled....

my android sent this for me using Tapatalk...

BadAssPerformance
01-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Beans have been spilled in the SDAC "Members" section on here...

Beans have been sent out in SDAC "Up Front" newsletters as of this past week...

Out of beans for now, will brew more beans...

Beans will be next be announced in this thread and on SDAC FaceBook Page, not necessarily in that order... Stay Tuned!

dodgeshadowchik
01-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Beans have also been spilled in the TM/SDAC Calender. :P

BadAssPerformance
01-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Forgot about those beans, LOL

cordes
01-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Still waiting for the beans to be spilled....

Take it from the cheapest guy in the club, it's worth it to join.

Russ Jerome
01-04-2012, 10:39 PM
I heard from a guy, who knows another guy, he heard from a reputable source of the location, if proven true me and one or two of the formost mentioned guys will be there this year...assuming the one guy was correct on what he heard from the other guy...hoping the guy was correct on location! Think I already know what Im donating to the raffle this year too!

BadAssPerformance
01-04-2012, 10:53 PM
I hope the one guy who knows the other guy heard correctly, hope you can make it Russ! Shelby Colt? ;)

Shadow
01-04-2012, 11:30 PM
I heard from a guy, who knows another guy, he heard from a reputable source of the location, if proven true me and one or two of the formost mentioned guys will be there this year...assuming the one guy was correct on what he heard from the other guy...hoping the guy was correct on location! Think I already know what Im donating to the raffle this year too!

Spill it, and I'll tell you if I think your right ;)

sdac guy
01-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Think I already know what Im donating to the raffle this year too!Your snail turbo's were a hit last year Russ! They brought $150 at the silent auction! But man were those heavy, it took all of us lesser men a 2 wheel dolly to cart them around. I bet the selling price was less than what they would have brought for scrap aluminum.

Many thanks again!

Barry

cordes
01-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Your snail turbo's were a hit last year Russ! They brought $150 at the silent auction! But man were those heavy, it took all of us lesser men a 2 wheel dolly to cart them around. I bet the selling price was less than what they would have brought for scrap aluminum.

Many thanks again!

Barry

Did anyone get any pics of these? I wasn't there for that portion of the program.

speedfreek500
01-05-2012, 02:37 AM
I havent seen a sdac 22 call out thread yet, last years thread was a good time.

86seeS
01-05-2012, 02:38 AM
I got pics ill try to find them and post them up

moparjon2007
01-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Russ, if your guy is the same guy that was with me at the meeting then your guy is on the same page as my guys, if all else fails have your people call my people.

Force Fed Mopar
01-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Damn all these guys, let the cat out of the bag already! :D

cordes
01-05-2012, 12:45 PM
I havent seen a sdac 22 call out thread yet, last years thread was a good time.

There has already been a little bit of that. I'm looking forward to some more big talk. I just started dusting off the TU tent this last weekend too.

Dodgeglht
01-09-2012, 12:26 AM
I just joined. Yay!

cordes
01-09-2012, 12:36 AM
I just joined. Yay!

Welcome to the club! Make sure to find out where SDAC 22 is and keep it to yourself while gloating in threads where folks still don't know. It's one of my favorite parts of membership.

Dodgeglht
01-09-2012, 12:43 AM
HAHA... Sounds like so much fun. I like to gloat.

Russ Jerome
01-09-2012, 03:36 AM
I thought I had pics of the turbine snails but must have lost with my last computer crash.
I have matching Comp covers this year, much lighter to transport, those Cat turbines were realy heavy.

moparman76_69
01-09-2012, 07:57 AM
So how long are you going to make these guys wait JT?

89FerrariShelby
01-09-2012, 08:26 AM
haha, not hard to find out even as a non-member. =)

Keito
01-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Geeze, don't you guys have friends that are members? Just do what I did, go out drinking with them, buy a few beers and Voila!

Reaper1
01-09-2012, 02:12 PM
haha, not hard to find out even as a non-member. =)

Geeze, don't you guys have friends that are members? Just do what I did, go out drinking with them, buy a few beers and Voila!

OK, so if both of you guys know, then why don't you spill it? It's not a matter of national security here, so Levenworth is out of the picture!

BTW, no, I don't have friends that are members that are close by.

wheming
01-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I'd be curious to know how many recent memberships have been sold???
Of course I'll probably go ahead a become a member in good standing again at some point. (just because cordes thinks i'm a big cheapskate) But not just to find out where you guys planned SDAC. Never cared much for extortion... ;)

minigts
01-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Of course I'll probably go ahead a become a member in good standing again at some point. (just because cordes thinks i'm a big cheapskate) ....

If CORDES thinks you're a cheapskate, I'd hate to think how true that may be! hahaha Brian's idea of a tablet PC is represented by the type of quarry stone that is was chiseled from. :D

omni_840
01-09-2012, 04:21 PM
If CORDES thinks you're a cheapskate, I'd hate to think how true that may be! hahaha Brian's idea of a tablet PC is represented by the type of quarry stone that is was chiseled from. :D

LOL, I'm actually going to join this month, but I already know (I bought a TM Calender:D)

89FerrariShelby
01-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Well...don't want to be the one that spilled the beans. national security or not, never fun to be vilified by a large group of people that are your only resource on a long forgotten car that likes to be a pain in the butt.

Hint: If my information is correct, the locations football team lost in the playoffs this past weekend.

There...i didn't say where... =)

cordes
01-09-2012, 06:46 PM
So how long are you going to make these guys wait JT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Q7b-vHY3Q

Of course I'll probably go ahead a become a member in good standing again at some point. (just because cordes thinks i'm a big cheapskate) But not just to find out where you guys planned SDAC. Never cared much for extortion... ;)

I've called you out. The cheap-off is set in stone!

I've already set the date for the cheap off in my tablet. There's no going back now. If you look really closely you can make out the location...

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/s/st/stockdot/1079009_latin_tablet_stone.jpg

wheming
01-09-2012, 09:14 PM
I've called you out. The cheap-off is set in stone!

That's fine. I'm not trying to get out of it.
Did I forget to mention I'm also stubborn?

I don't know how it's going to be measured though. We'll need some impartial third parties. Or a third party that is familiar with each of us to decide. No fear of loosing here, I've learned a long time ago I'll never be the best at anything (or for very long if I was).

And I did say I'm not as cheap as I once was. I guess I'm getting soft in my old age... As an example, I am recently splurging on getting a paintjob. I've got one car that has needed painting back in 2000. But been holding off... But Mean Mini is getting treated. And she's getting the "Supreme" Paint service at MAACO. Now what sounds cheap about "SUPREME"? I ask you?? That paint is costing me more that 250% more by having them do it. I figured 20 cans of paint @ $5 can ($100) could have painted it myself. But I decided to splurge! There goes the last of my First Communion money...

I've already set the date for the cheap off in my tablet. There's no going back now. If you look really closely you can make out the location...

I thought someone mentioned this was your new tablet? Did you spring for the color version? ;)

minigts
01-09-2012, 09:17 PM

I don't know how it's going to be measured though. We'll need some impartial third parties. Or a third party that is familiar with each of us to decide. No fear of loosing here, I've learned a long time ago I'll never be the best at anything (or for very long if I was).

And I did say I'm not as cheap as I once was. I guess I'm getting soft in my old age... As an example, I am recently splurging on getting a paintjob. I've got one car that has needed painting back in 2000. But been holding off... But Mean Mini is getting treated. And she's getting the "Supreme" Paint service at MAACO. Now what sounds cheap about "SUPREME"? I ask you?? That paint is costing me more that 250% more by having them do it. I figured 20 cans of paint @ $5 can ($100) could have painted it myself. But I decided to splurge! There goes the last of my First Communion money...

I thought someone mentioned this was your new tablet? Did you spring for the color version? ;)

If you have a cell phone, the challenge has already been won by Cordes.

BadAssPerformance
01-09-2012, 09:41 PM

LOL... nothing like extorsion ;)

I wouldn't have thought there would be as many "new joins" as "renewals", however, I have actually been amazed at the number of new members we have had join in the past year :clap:

wheming
01-09-2012, 09:57 PM

I wouldn't have thought there would be as many "new joins" as "renewals", however, I have actually been amazed at the number of new members we have had join in the past year :clap:

Well great! Nice to hear there are new people finding some joy in these old cars.

Dodgeglht
01-09-2012, 10:04 PM

I could say that is what made me join but truth be told I wanted to join before but didn't have the money. All of a sudden I decide to work on the ol' GLH & I find the money lol.

cordes
01-09-2012, 10:16 PM

If you're cheaper than I am you'll be in line for a shot at the all time champ. If you have kids, have you ever bought underwear for anyone but the oldest?

That I pad is sweet by the way. I'm saving my pennies for one just like it.

If you have a cell phone, the challenge has already been won by Cordes.

You never know. He may make his own shoes! Plus I splurge on the magic jack.

Shadow
01-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Funny, the wife and I are most likely to become members this year. I just didn't want to do it now with all the hype and make it look like the only reason we joined was to find out where it is. lol

+ I wanted to see how the club treats everyone that's Not a member in regards to location as that's the only thing that could effect me becoming one.

eg. years ago I walked into one of the first Blockbusters in Winnipeg. I was going to become a member until they asked me for my Visa card. "Why do you want my Visa and what if I didn't have one, I asked" If you didn't have one you can't become a member.

Really? So all the ppl that don't have a Visa (might have been Or Mastercard) by choise or otherwise are being descriminated against by this rediculous stipulation and your asking Me to condone it by signing on the dotted line! lol

Suffice to say I have Never held a BB membership to this day! :amen:

cordes
01-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Funny, the wife and I are most likely to become members this year. I just didn't want to do it now with all the hype and make it look like the only reason we joined was to find out where it is. lol

+ I wanted to see how the club treats everyone that's Not a member in regards to location as that's the only thing that could effect me becoming one.

eg. years ago I walked into one of the first Blockbusters in Winnipeg. I was going to become a member until they asked me for my Visa card. "Why do you want my Visa and what if I didn't have one, I asked" If you didn't have one you can't become a member.

Really? So all the ppl that don't have a Visa (might have been Or Mastercard) by choise or otherwise are being descriminated against by this rediculous stipulation and your asking Me to condone it by signing on the dotted line! lol

I don't have a credit card either. You're in good company.

minigts
01-09-2012, 11:00 PM

Rob I'll respond to your comments, just because it's the most recent. :D I see joining now or at any time a necessity of this community and wouldn't think of it because of hype. You've been around for a while, as long or longer than me and you provide a lot to this community with your knowledge. The way I see an SDAC membership is something I'll have for years to come. Whether I sign up now or at the next event, my membership will be continual.

Again, I don't speak just to Rob, I speak to anyone who is not a member or who has let their membership expire, MYSELF included. I realized in the last issue of Up Front, my membership expired in July!!! I'm renewing my membership tonight. :) Now is a good time to join as any, assuming you have the money.

Force Fed Mopar
01-09-2012, 11:31 PM
I just don't see it being worth it to me. There is no local chapter or anything around here, the SDAC meets are rarely less than a day and a half's drive away (usually more) which makes it next to impossible for me to attend on my current yearly earnings, and I'm not really interested in a newsletter. So there is really very little benefit to a subscription for me. I don't mind paying a few dollars extra when I am able to attend the annual main SDAC meet (as I did at SDAC 17).

wheming
01-09-2012, 11:34 PM

Moved the reply back over to SDAC 22 Call outs.

wheming
01-09-2012, 11:44 PM
I just don't see it being worth it to me. There is no local chapter or anything around here, the SDAC meets are rarely less than a day and a half's drive away (usually more) which makes it next to impossible for me to attend on my current yearly earnings, and I'm not really interested in a newsletter. So there is really very little benefit to a subscription for me. I don't mind paying a few dollars extra when I am able to attend the annual main SDAC meet (as I did at SDAC 17).

See! Finally a man who understands!
New England has a very active chapter, as do other areas of the country. But around these parts, we are just spread way too thin. We had tried starting up a chapter here based in NC, which encompassed SC too. But these areas are huge. Just to drive to the other side of the state here is like 5.5 hours to the mountains from Raleigh. Our club never really got enough participation to do much more than the Charlotte Auto Fair twice a year. I think all the members want to do more, but we are just too spread out.
I wish the SDAC could be somewhere around MD or TN again, but I know that's not happening anytime soon. Its a numbers game so i know it will always be where you get the biggest participation.
Fortunately I'll be off for a week around that weekend, so I'm going to try and make it. Even though I'll be driving and racing a car that has largely been sitting for the last 10 years...

cordes
01-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Rob I'll respond to your comments, just because it's the most recent. :D I see joining now or at any time a necessity of this community and wouldn't think of it because of hype. You've been around for a while, as long or longer than me and you provide a lot to this community with your knowledge. The way I see an SDAC membership is something I'll have for years to come. Whether I sign up now or at the next event, my membership will be continual.

Again, I don't speak just to Rob, I speak to anyone who is not a member or who has let their membership expire, MYSELF included. I realized in the last issue of Up Front, my membership expired in July!!! I'm renewing my membership tonight. :) Now is a good time to join as any, assuming you have the money.

Excellent post Jon. I also just renewed my membership.

I'll add that I'm an SDAC national and Chicago chapter member. I feel both are worth it, but understand where those who don't believe the same are coming from. I believe I speak for many when I say that SDAC has profoundly changed my life and provided not only support of my hobby, but life long friends for the future. I really don't know where I would be without the great folks in this club.

I had only ever changed my oil before I came to TD. I then noticed that the most helpful and active guys on there were the most active in SDAC. They are now here on TM which welcomes the club and provides a place for us to congregate. In addition there are many wonderful guys who don't have much of an online presence who I see on occasion and contact by throwing the switch on the giant Pentastar light on my roof. These guys have helped me go from spilling 1/2gal of oil on my driveway and calling it an oil change to being able to do anything that doesn't require a machine shop. I've saved untold thousands of dollars with their help, and I only hope that I can give back a tiny fraction of what they've given to me.

I hope it's clear that when we rib folks for not joining etc. that it is due to a sincere love of the club, moreover it's members and not some malicious attempt to get $30 bucks out of someone just because we paid it too.

BadAssPerformance
01-10-2012, 12:05 AM

Hmmm, I thought you already knew where 22 is? ;)

I could say that is what made me join but truth be told I wanted to join before but didn't have the money. All of a sudden I decide to work on the ol' GLH & I find the money lol.

Thanks guys! Processing your membership/renewal right now as another one just came in the e-mail :thumb: :nod:

Unfortunately clubs are not for everybody. I have joined several clubs that and see how they help a community of enthusiasts. I have friends who never understand clubs and only know the words "what's in it for me" ... to each their own.

On a side note, Dave and I are working on the "what's in it for me" ideas right now, but our intent is to support existing members, not to try to bribe anyone to become one.

Local Chapters... We are fortunate to have a ~60 member chapter in Chicagoland area, but it is slightly easier with a pool of 10 million people, LOL! Percentage wise compared to other regions, we are probably similar to a 10 member Chapter in a remote region? An SDAC Chapter is pretty much a local group of enthusiasts that like to get together periodically and enjoy the Shelby Dodge and Shelby inspired TM cars and having fun! :nod: if any regional groups of SD & TM enthusiasts out there would like to inquire about becoming a Chapter of SDAC, please PM me :thumb:

A day and a half? It took less than that for Craig and I to trailer his GLHS from Chicago to LA a couple years ago... our trip back from Vegas was 28 hrs :D LOL... I hear ya, it is a hike and unfortunately we have not had an event out your way yet... Oh yeah, the road trip reminds me... Local Chapters also help out and it makes a long trip go by faster chatting with friends ont he CB on the road trip!

OK, gotta go do soem work...

Force Fed Mopar
01-10-2012, 12:08 AM
I hope it's clear that when we rib folks for not joining etc. that it is due to a sincere love of the club, moreover it's members and not some malicious attempt to get $30 bucks out of someone just because we paid it too.

Yeah we realize that, never thought anything like that of the club.

Force Fed Mopar
01-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Unfortunately clubs are not for everybody. I have joined several clubs that and see how they help a community of enthusiasts. I have friends who never understand clubs and only know the words "what's in it for me" ... to each their own.

On a side note, Dave and I are working on the "what's in it for me" ideas right now, but our intent is to support existing members, not to try to bribe anyone to become one.

Local Chapters... We are fortunate to have a ~60 member chapter in Chicagoland area, but it is slightly easier with a pool of 10 million people, LOL! Percentage wise compared to other regions, we are probably similar to a 10 member Chapter in a remote region? An SDAC Chapter is pretty much a local group of enthusiasts that like to get together periodically and enjoy the Shelby Dodge and Shelby inspired TM cars and having fun! :nod: if any regional groups of SD & TM enthusiasts out there would like to inquire about becoming a Chapter of SDAC, please PM me :thumb:

A day and a half? It took less than that for Craig and I to trailer his GLHS from Chicago to LA a couple years ago... our trip back from Vegas was 28 hrs :D LOL... I hear ya, it is a hike and unfortunately we have not had an event out your way yet... Oh yeah, the road trip reminds me... Local Chapters also help out and it makes a long trip go by faster chatting with friends ont he CB on the road trip!

OK, gotta go do soem work...

Right now, I know a total of 3, maybe 4 guys with these cars that aren't 1 or more hours from me :) I agree that a club can be a help, I help the guys that I know any time I can. If you check the Event section, you'll see the meet I'm organizing for us too :thumb: As I've said elsewhere and wheming said, we had a SC and a NC chapter for a while. But the SC group kinda drifted away and eventually disbanded, then Kevin started the SE-MMC for TM's and the newer cars like SRT's. That went well for a while, then we got to where it was a group of about 5-6 of us hard-core guys meeting at his house. Then Doug W was supposed to take over from Kevin as Pres of it when Kevin started working out of town and eventually moved, but he is pretty busy with his job and racing. So now I'm trying to get something going again.

Point being, it's very hold to hold any TM club together in these parts. As wheming said, many of us live hours apart from each other, makes even a small club meet a whole day event just by the driving involved.

minigts
01-10-2012, 01:23 AM
There aren't any chapters close to where I live and $30 a year isn't much for the membership and sponsoring the club. I also have to drive length of hours to make it to EVERY SDAC event, but I hope not to miss any of them. Not trying to be argumentative, but there are a number of members that drive long drives and spend LOTS of money trailering cars or simply on travel to make it to the only national event our club sponsors. If you can't get off work or if the cost is too much, that's totally understandable. I wouldn't ever give anyone grief for that. My main purpose in paying for a membership is to keep the club going so there will be events to go to! :) Of course, I enjoy driving long distances all the time, so planning a road trip every year to see all the cars in the show is my family vacation. :D

Shadow
01-10-2012, 01:35 AM
I don't have a credit card either. You're in good company.

That wasn't my point. I had the C.C.! but that didn't stop me from seeing the Big picture. What about ppl that Don't! (unfair)

But I LoL'd when I read that! (and not in a mean way)

Hmmm, I thought you already knew where 22 is?

See above post. This isn't about me, and besides, that wouldn't be fair IF I knew.....would it? :p

But seriously, I see it from both sides and I think it's Great if it at all motivates ppl to buy a calander or sign up if they were holding back! (whish I would have been smart enough to buy a calander :()

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

I hear ya bro! I'm surprised I didn't buy them last year! :banghead: I always tell myself I'm going to and then I forget about it. :confused: Almost like I'm waiting for SDAC to be here before going through with it! lol (like it has anything to do with it! :confused2:)

I guess I'm just one Lazy A$$ Mother Fawker!!!!!:wow1: (Damn, did I just say that! :eek:)

Any day now...............

BadAssPerformance
01-10-2012, 02:05 AM
(whish I would have been smart enough to buy a calander :()

That reminds me... I'm out of calendars, but if anyone wants one, post in the Group Buy thread and we should be able to get another batch going!

ATaylorRacing
01-10-2012, 12:35 PM
If you want to see a real Cheap Skate...check out this link! I won enough money with it at two races in 2010 when it belonged to my other mechanic to buy it early in 2011, make money in 8 of the 12 races it was entered in, gets 46 mpg at 55-60 mph, and had me finish in 3rd place in the United Manual Transmission Racers series. The drivers side dog leg is rusted out so it is covered in red duct tape, a 5 inch section of the hood too, as is the passenger side rocker panel, two breaks on the front bumper cover , and another one on the rear!

http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/Cars/Drag-Racing/UMTR-at-Edgewater-October-8/19467050_22XXS9#!i=1523361790&k=bxDgddr&lb=1&s=L

wheming
01-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Can't tell which one. There were a ton of pics of different cars in that page.

sdac guy
01-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Can't tell which one. There were a ton of pics of different cars in that page.

my android sent this for me using Tapatalk...When the link works right (it didn't the first time I tried it) only one car is shown. A red Neon with Cheap Skate on the door.

Barry

Force Fed Mopar
01-10-2012, 07:50 PM
If you want to see a real Cheap Skate...check out this link! I won enough money with it at two races in 2010 when it belonged to my other mechanic to buy it early in 2011, make money in 8 of the 12 races it was entered in, gets 46 mpg at 55-60 mph, and had me finish in 3rd place in the United Manual Transmission Racers series. The drivers side dog leg is rusted out so it is covered in red duct tape, a 5 inch section of the hood too, as is the passenger side rocker panel, two breaks on the front bumper cover , and another one on the rear!

http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/Cars/Drag-Racing/UMTR-at-Edgewater-October-8/19467050_22XXS9#!i=1523361790&k=bxDgddr&lb=1&s=L

Do that in a 12-sec car and I'll be impressed...

BadAssPerformance
01-10-2012, 08:40 PM

He brackets a 12 second N-SRT-4 too... Angelos got skillz :hail:

Force Fed Mopar
01-11-2012, 12:05 AM
He brackets a 12 second N-SRT-4 too... Angelos got skillz :hail:

Yeah but does it get 46mpg?

minigts
01-11-2012, 12:10 AM
Yeah but does it get 46mpg?

So I guess you're just impressed no matter what. Glad you've expressed your disapproval in both respects, very nice of you to do.

shackwrrr
01-11-2012, 12:33 AM
The 40 dollars a year (turbo-mopar and sdac) is far less than anyone spends on their car every year. I think its well worth it.

Shadow
01-11-2012, 12:15 PM

How'bout a Low 10 sec car that gets 40? :eyebrows:

Impressed now? :)

rooferchris
01-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Yup!!! I want your car. As for the travelling to meet other TM guys. I drive 4 hours one way or 6 hours the other way. What's the big deal, it's the drive and the destination that make it worth while. If you can sit and watch T.V/computer for hours on end what's the difference. We are going to SDAC, 6 of us from Western Canada, the drive there will be one of the best parts. I agree it's far but until somebody in the west even attempts to put together a show, I guess we drive to the fella's that will. We are going to meet around Regina Sask. if anybody else wants to take part in our "caravan to SDAC".

minigts
01-11-2012, 02:33 PM

...LOTS OF EMPTY SPACE ORIGINALLY...

HELL YEAH! Update your sig! haha

Yup!!! I want your car. As for the travelling to meet other TM guys. I drive 4 hours one way or 6 hours the other way. What's the big deal, it's the drive and the destination that make it worth while. If you can sit and watch T.V/computer for hours on end what's the difference. We are going to SDAC, 6 of us from Western Canada, the drive there will be one of the best parts. I agree it's far but until somebody in the west even attempts to put together a show, I guess we drive to the fella's that will. We are going to meet around Regina Sask. if anybody else wants to take part in our "caravan to SDAC".

That's right man, glad you'll make the next one. You may know DJ who lives in Manitoba, he drives like 2 days or so to come and he's made it 2 years now, going on three for 22. Glad you guys will make the trip! See you there and then. :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
01-11-2012, 02:39 PM
That's right man, glad you'll make the next one. You may know DJ who lives in Manitoba, he drives like 2 days or so to come and he's made it 2 years now, going on three for 22. Glad you guys will make the trip! See you there and then. :thumb:

Actually he's made to the last 3!

Caravanning to SDAC sounds fun, is it spring yet! LOL!

minigts
01-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Actually he's made to the last 3!

Caravanning to SDAC sounds fun, is it spring yet! LOL!

Dang, you're right. He made Cincinnati, Maryland and Chicago. I TOTALLY forgot about Cincinnati!! That was when he and Mike were doing the fun run and Cordes and I were "chasing" them most of the way. I felt bad they had driven so far, I didn't want to out run them and potentially scare them away from coming the next year. ;)

Shadow
01-11-2012, 04:15 PM
That's right man, glad you'll make the next one. You may know DJ who lives in Alberta, he drives like 2 days or so to come and he's made it 2 years now, going on three for 22. Glad you guys will make the trip! See you there and then. :thumb:

Fixed it for ya, I live in MB ;)

turboshad
01-11-2012, 04:26 PM
You may know DJ who lives in Manitoba,

I'm hurt Jerry, or Jamie, or Jack or whatever you name is........Oh wait, there it is, Jon. With all the time we've spent together, flying through twisty roads, jumping bridges, you getting us lost, and you still don't know where I live?

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/turboshad/Map.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

I felt bad they had driven so far, I didn't want to out run them and potentially scare them away from coming the next year. ;)

So you're saying you paid Brian to get sick and take you out of the race? That's it, it's on this year ;)

cordes
01-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Dang, you're right. He made Cincinnati, Maryland and Chicago. I TOTALLY forgot about Cincinnati!! That was when he and Mike were doing the fun run and Cordes and I were "chasing" them most of the way. I felt bad they had driven so far, I didn't want to out run them and potentially scare them away from coming the next year. ;)

That was a good time until I started puking.

I'm hurt Jerry, or Jamie, or Jack or whatever you name is........Oh wait, there it is, Jon. With all the time we've spent together, flying through twisty roads, jumping bridges, you getting us lost, and you still don't know where I live?

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

So you're saying you paid Brian to get sick and take you out of the race? That's it, it's on this year ;).

He couldn't pay me enough to be that sick. IIRC I just laid down in the median at the hotel for a while once I got out of the car. It was terrible.

Force Fed Mopar
01-11-2012, 05:32 PM

That is impressive :)

It's not so much the drive as much as the money. I like driving. I don't like spending 3-4 weeks pay in one week, along with being out of work for a week. If I made a grand a week, it wouldn't be an issue. I make less than half that per week, therefore it is an issue :(

Shadow
01-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Agreed, no income + spending income = less than no income. It's a bummer and it seems to happen every time I spend a wack of dough! :(

turbovanmanČ
01-11-2012, 08:37 PM
It's not so much the drive as much as the money. I like driving. I don't like spending 3-4 weeks pay in one week, along with being out of work for a week. If I made a grand a week, it wouldn't be an issue. I make less than half that per week, therefore it is an issue :(

Exactly, plus for me and the local guys, your looking at 1.5 weeks off work, :( Not to mention having a wife and kids, hard to justify that time and money then you can't afford to take them on holidays due to doing that. Wish I could win the friggin lottery, lol.

Dodgeglht
01-11-2012, 08:47 PM
The 40 dollars a year (turbo-mopar and sdac) is far less than anyone spends on their car every year. I think its well worth it.

The 40 dollars a year is less than what most people spend on gas in a week. :peace:

turbovanmanČ
01-11-2012, 09:11 PM

You do know why they wanted a credit card right? Can't see it being discrimination when they are covering their azz's so to speak.

Shadow
01-12-2012, 12:59 AM
SDAC 22 FTW! :thumb:

sdac guy
01-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Please don't let this thread go any further on this topic (credit cards, etc). Let's get back to talking about SDAC-22. :nod:

Barry

minigts
01-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Fixed it for ya, I live in MB ;)

D'oh! I was close!!! It's north? :D

So you're saying you paid Brian to get sick and take you out of the race? That's it, it's on this year ;)

ROFL Touche` my good man. I knew it was a long drive and I think we talked about Calgary a couple of times, just got ahead of myself. And I know you live in Edmonton, but I have friends in Calgary and we discussed where they were on a map. :p

That was a good time until I started puking.

He couldn't pay me enough to be that sick. IIRC I just laid down in the median at the hotel for a while once I got out of the car. It was terrible.

LOL Man I felt SOOOO bad for you, but the images in my mind when you literally rolled out of the vehicle on that last series of hills and sharp corners still gets me laughing. hahaha Man, I seriously was feeling terrible for you, but could not stop laughing just from the comedic value of the car turning left, coming to a stop, the door by inertia opening and you rolling onto the street. It was almost cinematic, just missing the video camera. Can't wait to do it again!!

cordes
01-12-2012, 02:29 PM
D'oh! I was close!!! It's north? :D

ROFL Touche` my good man. I knew it was a long drive and I think we talked about Calgary a couple of times, just got ahead of myself. And I know you live in Edmonton, but I have friends in Calgary and we discussed where they were on a map. :p

LOL Man I felt SOOOO bad for you, but the images in my mind when you literally rolled out of the vehicle on that last series of hills and sharp corners still gets me laughing. hahaha Man, I seriously was feeling terrible for you, but could not stop laughing just from the comedic value of the car turning left, coming to a stop, the door by inertia opening and you rolling onto the street. It was almost cinematic, just missing the video camera. Can't wait to do it again!!

Same here!

wheming
01-13-2012, 03:33 AM
So a couple of people posted references to Detroit in the call-out thread. Is this official to the masses?
So it looks like i'll be looking at 12+ hrs or so. That's kind of pushing the "racing your ride home" comfort limit a bit.
I remember a Cecil Fun Day 6 hrs from home and my Spirit puking out: axle shaft, u-joint, carrier bearing, intermediate shaft, and nearly shearing my tailshaft housing completely off. Luckily some good folks helped out!

88_pacifica
01-13-2012, 08:34 AM
So a couple of people posted references to Detroit in the call-out thread. Is this official to the masses?

I'm not even a member and I figured it out by the 'slight references' throughout the thread here and in other areas. This should be considered confirmed. Not sure why it is a CIA secret though, even after all the examples and references to membership being needed...

Reaper1
01-13-2012, 09:18 AM
It's been officially confirmed by some unofficial sources with good info that SDAC is in Detroit this year. There. Hang me if you want, but that has been LONG overdue to be posted here.

Force Fed Mopar
01-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Well I'm out then, unless I find a bag of money or something :)

89FerrariShelby
01-13-2012, 10:18 AM
About 700 Miles for me. Definitely doable, plus after talking with some people it was mentioned the last time in Detroit was their favorite SDAC by far. Definitely going to be planning on heading out there for my first SDAC. Just have to tinker with the car, and drive it around a bit to feel truly comfortable it can make the trip...maybe i'll look into renting a truck and a dolly so i can beat on it at SDAC without fear.

Johnny
01-13-2012, 10:39 AM
2500 miles one way for me. Gas cost is the killer. Still want to go.

Force Fed Mopar
01-13-2012, 01:14 PM
About 700 Miles for me. Definitely doable, plus after talking with some people it was mentioned the last time in Detroit was their favorite SDAC by far. Definitely going to be planning on heading out there for my first SDAC. Just have to tinker with the car, and drive it around a bit to feel truly comfortable it can make the trip...maybe i'll look into renting a truck and a dolly so i can beat on it at SDAC without fear.

Yeah 700 miles one way for me too, full day's drive.

Reaper1
01-13-2012, 03:32 PM
It's a bit farther for me than it was the last time since I'm a bit farther south in Florida now. It was a 1.5 day drive the last time, so I figure 2 days probably.

22shelby
01-13-2012, 05:32 PM
so can we "dub" SDAC-22 as SDAC-2.2 ???

omni_840
01-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Looks like it's 7.5 hrs away, going to make this one!
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=25801&daddr=Detroit,+MI&hl=en&ll=40.346544,-82.177734&spn=9.508828,26.696777&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.456673,106.787109&geocode=FWXHQAId44co-ylh8r4MCPJOiDHxNvMnbR9ATA%3BFSPthQIdhtIM-yl1HcsQAcokiDHSxLk1ToZ2Vw&oq=detr&vpsrc=6&mra=ls&t=h&z=6

minigts
01-13-2012, 06:05 PM
13 hours for me, still going. :) I went to 18, my first SDAC and it was a blast. Assuming we get the same hotel, that will be awesome. Having that whole back parking lot to ourselves, no one from the hotel bothered us at all. This year I'm staying until Wednesday though, unlike last time.

Aries_Turbo
01-13-2012, 06:35 PM
that hotel was AWESOME. hope we can get it again. steve the maintenance guy was great, getting us hoses and electricity to plug in the welder etc. :)

brian

Shadow
01-13-2012, 07:21 PM
so can we "dub" SDAC-22 as SDAC-2.2 ???

Once the 2.2's mop up all the 2.5's we can! :eyebrows:

22shelby
01-13-2012, 07:28 PM
oh oh im in for the 2.2s... ;)

speedfreek500
01-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Easy now guys, there will be fast 2.5's there too.

Shadow
01-13-2012, 09:27 PM

Really? :rolleyes: (lamest roll eyes guy I've ever seen! lol)

moparman76_69
01-13-2012, 09:28 PM

And 2.4s too.

bakes
01-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Really? :rolleyes: (lamest roll eyes guy I've ever seen! lol)Yup looks like it is chewing bubble gum

moparjon2007
01-13-2012, 11:14 PM
And 2.4s too.
In race vans???

shackwrrr
01-13-2012, 11:42 PM
only about 6 hours for me but Ill stay over in lima ohio then come up. At least ive been around the D a few times. Hopefully I have the T3 in the shadow by then, and hopefully I don't get kicked off the track after my first run ;)

BadAssPerformance
01-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Whoa, back the truck up, look at all the BEANS all over, sombody got a mop?

Yep, the word is out, D-Town for SDAC-22 :nod: :clap:

Working on details... like trying to get that same awesome hotel... hope to have some more info by the next Up Front :)

wheming
01-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Whoa, back the truck up, look at all the BEANS all over, sombody got a mop? :)

Yup someone blew beans all over the place as bad as cordes blew chunks last year was it?
:lol:

wheming
01-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Well thank God that's over with! Now at least i can start officially planning (and scheming!). :D

I'm going to have to fix the cruise control for this...

cordes
01-14-2012, 02:08 AM
Yup someone blew beans all over the place as bad as cordes blew chunks last year was it?
:lol:

I believe that was 19.

Also, we all need to remember that SDAC is THE best place to break your car. There are about 20 people itching to help you fix it and someone has the part you need. It's actually much better than breaking down at home.

I did a timing belt on the side of the freeway at 20. It took us less than two hours and that included the time to get the part.

wheming
01-14-2012, 02:46 AM
I do know and understand that. It is a truly great bunch of guys (and gals) that are this close to help out someone you may have never met in person before when misfortune strikes.
That being said, i know if Mini were to break there would be more people helping than there would be jobs to do! But no matter how generous that would be I'd hate to be taking away from someone else's racing or good times.

Almost every SDAC someone gets a clutch/headgasket/timing belt done in the pits. Isn't that true?

minigts
01-14-2012, 02:59 AM
I believe that was 19.

Also, we all need to remember that SDAC is THE best place to break your car. There are about 20 people itching to help you fix it and someone has the part you need. It's actually much better than breaking down at home.

I did a timing belt on the side of the freeway at 20. It took us less than two hours and that included the time to get the part.

We rocked that timing belt, even when the car fell off the jack. :D That was a good time, always will be a good story to tell for the next meet. :thumb:

I do know and understand that. It is a truly great bunch of guys (and gals) that are this close to help out someone you may have never met in person before when misfortune strikes.
That being said, i know if Mini were to break there would be more people helping than there would be jobs to do! But no matter how generous that would be I'd hate to be taking away from someone else's racing or good times.

Almost every SDAC someone gets a clutch/headgasket/timing belt done in the pits. Isn't that true?

Well I missed the auto cross, but I didn't mind. I think we stopped to help Wes along the way too. It was good to have the comradery and know if anything happened, you were covered. Heck, I used to not race my car at the track for fear of breaking something. But one year at SDAC I just said the heck with it and ran the car. Made 12 passes and then drove the car to Detroit for the July 4th weekend THEN back to TN. This was after having bought the car in Montana, drove it to Memphis, drove it to MD then the last part of the route. I think I put just over 5K miles on the car in about 2 months! I always look forward to the next year every SDAC I go to.

wheming
01-14-2012, 03:52 AM
Your right of course.
And it it were to happen those that helped could forever say they helped fix Gus' Mean Mini!

I put in for some vacation around SDAC so i'll have like 3 weeks off. Should be plenty of time to make it back home if something happens!
I'm actually thinking about the return trip going through MA. Visit with my family and Gus' family show them the fixed up Mini and new paint. I'd even like to see about hitting New England Dragway or Lebanon Valley. Get Mini out in her old stomping grounds!
That would make my entire trip like 2100 miles...

86seeS
01-14-2012, 01:52 PM
I had so many problems at sdac 20 I changed the LM and the tune, map sensor, injectors, fuel rail, regulator, fuel filter, and the fuel pump. I think trotter and cordes was right behind me every time the car messed up lol. The problem was the rubber cup that the pump sits in it came apart and got sucked in to the pump. Had to drop the tank and flush it out in the parking lot...... Fun times