PDA

View Full Version : Code 13 help needed

3Bar_Mopar
10-20-2011, 04:49 AM
Driving today....it was raining and cold. I got almost home and the car started bucking badly...every time the car bucked, the CEL would flash. It kinda smoothed out to normal and I made it to my parking space...once there the CEL came on and stayed but the car seemed to be idling OK. Checked codes and got a 13, which means MAP sensor failure in the pneumatic circuit (vac line). I checked under the hood and I have a single hose to the MAP sensor from it's own dedicated barb on the intake manifold. I popped it off the barb and checked it for leaks....no leaks at all. The hose is kinda long and a bigger diameter than stock size... I also have the line going directly to the MAP and bypassing the baro. Any ideas?

turbovanmanČ
10-20-2011, 01:10 PM
2 things, bad MAP or bad computer, that's it.

I made my MAP line bigger than stock as going TIII, the intake goes from the back to the front, adding a few feet of line and found the bigger line stopped the code 13, so that most likely isn't your issue.

3Bar_Mopar
10-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Damn, that sucks....That would explain the problems I've been having with my intermittent 4K cutout and occasional rich decel.

3Bar_Mopar
10-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Started the car today and drove it a few feet before it started bucking and losing power. Turned around and got it back into my parking space...car kept running kinda rough, then it would die like I turned the key off. At one point it ran rich enough that there was fuel smoke coming out of the exhaust, then it died again.. The CEL flashed a couple times, but when I checked codes it was 12-55. I finally started running normally and I checked under the hood for anything out of the norm....nothing. Map hose was not leaking, nor was it collapsed. Jiggling various wires did nothing.

turbovanmanČ
10-24-2011, 12:51 PM
I've been chasing issues too, cut out, random stalling, turned out to be my computer, sort off. I put a new one in, fixed a ton of issues but once in awhile, the engine stumbles at idle then catch's. Going to have to go thru my wiring harness, :(

3Bar_Mopar
10-25-2011, 01:34 PM
So, I go out today to start my car and run it some since it's been a couple days..still same old computer...I drive it around the block with no issues and then press the brake pedal to stop...all the way to the floor...I have almost no brakes! I checked the reservoir and it's empty! WTF? Is everything deciding to go wrong with this car at once?

turbovanmanČ
10-25-2011, 02:03 PM
So, I go out today to start my car and run it some since it's been a couple days..still same old computer...I drive it around the block with no issues and then press the brake pedal to stop...all the way to the floor...I have almost no brakes! I checked the reservoir and it's empty! WTF? Is everything deciding to go wrong with this car at once?

Sounds like a wheel cylinder popped.

Shitt happens with older cars, I lost my headlights the other night and now today, died on me again, :banghead:

3Bar_Mopar
10-25-2011, 03:25 PM
That could be it....I've been driving around with my rear drums clicking on stops for a while...I hate changing drums. There was no puddles of fluid anywhere though.

turbovanmanČ
10-25-2011, 05:28 PM
That could be it....I've been driving around with my rear drums clicking on stops for a while...I hate changing drums. There was no puddles of fluid anywhere though.

Go disc, lol.

3Bar_Mopar
10-26-2011, 03:26 AM
Go disc, lol.

Trust me, I think I'd rather convert to disc than screw with drums.

plymouth
10-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Trust me, I think I'd rather convert to disc than screw with drums.
Wheel cylinders are not has hard as a disc swap.

turbovanmanČ
10-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Wheel cylinders are not has hard as a disc swap.

Disc swap is cake. I HATE DRUMS, lol.