PDA

View Full Version : VNT to T2 conversion Vacuum lines

Shadowjake
10-17-2011, 04:56 PM
So, I'm getting ready to do my vacuum lines on my 89 CSX converted to T2 (hybrid). I have a chip from ShelGame and want it to run on PCM controlled boost but am not sure what vacuum diagram to follow or which selonoid to use. The VNT had 2 that controlled the wastegate according to the 1990 VNT diagram at mini-mopar (http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo/turbo90vnt.jpg).

Can I just follow the T2 vacuum diagram or do I need to do something special? Please help. Thanks!

Shadowjake
10-18-2011, 08:34 PM
No one?

ShelGame
10-24-2011, 01:39 PM
It needs to be plumbed like the '91 2.5 T1; including the restrictor at the WGA. You might have to do some experimenting to figure out which of the solenoids is working as the WG solenoid. It should be the the same as VNT Solenoid #1. But, I don't know how you can tell by looking at them. I think it should be the one with the Grn+Blk/Blu+Wht wires going to it.

Shadowjake
10-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Awesome, thanks Rob! Exactly what I was hoping to learn.

Shadowjake
10-28-2011, 10:08 AM
I was looking at the diagram at DDG and just wanted to make sure this was right:

Is there really only supposed to be one line to the wastegate solenoid? Just checking.

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo/turbo191.jpg

ShelGame
10-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Yes. The other port on the WG Solenoid is vented to atmosphere (thru the filter, as shown on the diagram). It's a bleed style setup...

Shadowjake
11-02-2011, 12:36 PM
How does this diagram look? This is how I plan to hook it up. I don't plan to use the purge but will leave the electronics hooked up to avoid codes. Is there anything I have hooked up wrong in the diagram otherwise?

The solenoids in the T1 diagram don't match what I have so I just want to make sure; do I stick with using the old baro solenoid below the map?
Or do I need to adapt one of the other ones on the side like the T1 diagram shows? The connectors are different. Which connector will be used for the baro solenoid signal from the SBEC?

Thanks again.

ShelGame
11-02-2011, 01:07 PM
If it was mine, I've put the BOV line to it's own source back at the plenum somewhere other than where the MAP Sensor, FPR, and boost gauge lines are coming from. When the BOV opens/closes it will cause feedback on the MAP pneumatic signal that can affect the ECU mapping and fuel pressure.

Just use the baro solenoid you have. It doesn't have to match the T1 diagram. They work the same way.