PDA

View Full Version : Got a little leak - drying out the interior

Dave
07-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Well chit. Left my windows down last night. It wasn't supposed to rain, I memorize the weather reports. I wake up this morning and go to get in my car to go to the j-yard to rip out a headliner, I notice the windows down. Crap, look it over and it's pretty bad.

Get the wet/dry vac and suck it out. It did an okay job but everything is still damp. I just got done pulling everything out, seats, interior trim, speaker covers, etc. and I have some fans in there, and left all the doors open (batteries unplugged). I'm going to take a Bissel (used to really get stains out of carpet) to suck out the water.

You guys think I'll be okay? Or is the interior ruined? It hasn't started to smell yet, but I don't want to wait around for that to happen.

Any tips or advice would be great. Kinda pissed about this b/c I was supposed to be fanagling with my headliner and making an adj. WG can today. :mad:

86lance
07-22-2006, 12:38 PM
febreze,febreze,febreze

Clay
07-22-2006, 01:52 PM
get as much water out ASAP and then let it air dry (use fans) and you should be fine.

sounds like your doing everything you can. Just get it completely dry as fast as you can. This will prevent mildew and mold which could cause it to smell.

Dave
07-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Everything's fine. Seat's and floor and completely dry. I bought a bottle of "That New Car Smell." Smells good. :thumb:

Glad I had the seats out. Made it easy to install the donor headliner.