shelbyconcepts
10-11-2011, 09:19 AM
10/11/11
Username: Shelbyconcepts
Full Name: TimCostelloCity, State, Zip shelby twp, mi 48316
Selling or Wanted Price: See below

1)1989 Dodge Caravan Turbo- Grey/ rust – Silver interior

2.5/ auto 170,000 miles
Turbo wastegate is not hooked up or broken??
3 inch exhaust
It starts and runs nice. I bought it last year with the intent on using it for parts but never have done anything with it.

2) 1985 Plymouth Voyager- silver – Burgundy interior

2.2 carbureted / Automatic (Trans is broken) 45,000 miles? Not really sure

Clean body other than needing minor quarter panel dogleg repair (extra quarter included)- the hatch was replaced with a clean unit but it needs paint.
So far the van has all new brake lines/ fuel lines from Inline tube, New calipers, master cylinder, booster and the five lug conversion is complete
Exhaust has been removed and discarded
New Carb gas tank and straps included
Lots of spare parts

I started working on it but, realized I don’t have the time. The plan was to do a conversion with the turbo 89 and make a really nice clean, dependable minivan

$800 each or $1500 for the pair

1989 Shelby Dakota -White

When I bought the truck is was kind of a mess and needed a lot … The trans was slipping so it was rebuilt and a new 360 motor replaced the original 318. (I have the original block). I drove it for a few years until one day I blew the paint off the roof. Then the project started for me… I took the body off the frame and had it repainted. The paint is not perfect and the bed is not completely finished currently. The truck does run and will move under it’s own power. I just don’t have the desire to finish it.

Specs
360 /automatic/390 gears
Stainless steel brake and fuel lines
Heavy duty trans cooler
And lots and lots of new parts $1800

1988 CSX-T 292

The car was purchased a few years back as a basket o’ Shelby. It needed paint badly and the drive train was broken/ missing. The car was stripped down to bare metal by the media blaster to remove all the old flaky white paint. A new coat of white was applied along with the gray lower. When it came time to reassemble I added a few features to make the car more comfortable for my dad. It was going to be his car to putter around town with mom in.

Mopar 2.5 Reman motor/ rework cylinder head.. mildly port and polished
2 piece intake-shelby valve cover- powdercoated
Balance shafts removed/ baffled oil pan
TU stock T2

Dean Stille 413- converted with all factory parts
Heavy duty trans cooler mount out in front of the radiator

2 1/2 exhaust
Factory intercooler 1987 CSX

90 + suspension- brakes etc... powdercoated calipers
It's wearing Koni's / road race springs- rides nice on soft- never really adjusted them up

Keyless entry/alarm
Tilt column
Power seat

New AC system...
Stainless, brake and fuel line- Inline tube
Fuel tank straps, pump, sender

Autometer- AF, EGT, and Boost Gauge built into a custom gauge cluster on the dash

The car was built for Dad with 12psi set and that really all it's ever seen...

$5500

Photo's will be coming soon.....Thanks.. Tim

shelbyconcepts
10-13-2011, 08:02 AM
When the rain stops I'll have more but here's the CSX-T

86seeS
10-13-2011, 06:08 PM
The 88 csx is worth every penny ive seen it in person if I had the room id own it

shelbyconcepts
10-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Updated: 10/24/11
I decided to do the minivan engine swap so both are off the market..... If anyone needs any mini parts please let me know

The Dakota is Sold.....

Thanks,
Tim

RoadWarrior222
10-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Ahhh, keep the 2.2 carb setup together though, someone might want it to make use of this... http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/136019-impco-propane-coversion-early-22-fwd/

shelbyconcepts
10-25-2011, 02:20 PM
For a $100 you can have the N/A drivetrain.... and it comes with a new Webber carb too! ....

Tim

J&H Ryan
10-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Tim is a top notch TM builder. I'd say he does as good of work on 8v as Jackson does 16v. I haven't seen this CSX in person (or have I?) but I'm sure its top notch. If it wasn't white and I'd have to dip in the winter beater fund and therefore have to drive in in the winter, I'd be all over it.

minigts
10-27-2011, 02:00 AM
haha Tim is that quote at the bottom from The Jerk? I was trying to figure it out and then the thermos quote made all kinds of sense. :) Tim is a great guy to deal with, wish I could get the CSX-T!

Dodge Aries K
10-27-2011, 05:07 AM
Does the engine from that 85 Voyager run well? I hate the damn carb on my 84 Reliant so I'm interested to see that Weber carb setup... would make driving the ol' girl alot nicer.

shelbyconcepts
10-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Yep, it runs.... The trans was toasted... When I pulled the axle out, the diff bearings fell out in my hand. I can't say I've ever driven it.... BTW, For some gas money I might be able bring it to Chicago. November 19-20 as I'm attending/working this show http://www.mcacn.com/

Thanks guys for all the good words!.....

Tim

Spycker
10-27-2011, 06:26 PM
MAN! I was looking for a TURBO minivan!! NO!!