PDA

View Full Version : TIII Got the holset done and took a quick vid...

tsiconquest88
10-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Link below. I will get a good video once its all done and cleaned up with the wiring and such. Its open dp right now. Not being driven around anyway. I drove it today with the wastegatre controller set low on boost cus i didnt know what was going to happen with this holset wg. Got on it a little on my straight road by my house and it was only at 5-8 psi but i will say not too bad even at that low of boost. Came on around 3400 or so, and hit rather hard at such low boost. Once i get my section fit in between my dp and existing exhaust so i can install my wb sensor, i can then see what my ratio's are and go from there. I do plan to also get a cal done, +40's and 3 bat map.

Overall should be fun and if the weather stays in the 80's like the past couple days in time for me to finish my exhaust and get the sensor in i can enjoy the weather with the car lol. I COULD finish it now but i just dont feel like working under my car in the road running a lead out for the sawzall, etc lol I am just gonna bring it to work get it on the lift and go at it and take a little while only. BUT thats the issue lol. Doing it when we arent busy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwPRkdKU_gc

roachjuice
10-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Sweet!

tsiconquest88
10-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks man. Im stoaked lol. Hopefully this week will be slow enough at the shop i can call it quits a little early bring it in and finish the exhaust.

BIG PSI
10-10-2011, 07:13 PM
That should run great once you get it tuned.
Nice job.

Chuck

tsiconquest88
10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Yep exactly. And thanks Chuck. I am surprised how its not really much laggier than the stock turbo. However i think that turbo was on its way out for some time cus i had posted about blue smoke in the past, did valve stem seals, the engine was already re-ringed etc. Great compression both cold and fully warmed. So with that said and when the turbo finally went i was blowing blue smoke like crazy. It dont seem to be smoking now and It seems to be running great! No o2 sensor right now either when i test drove it lol. Again im not driving this thing around so no im not beating it with no AF readings to go by lol.

BTW give me some feedback on the bracket i made for the wg. Everyone welds to the housing. Why hasnt anyone do what i did? Even people with the same holset i used those 2 bolt holes were perfect for a bracket. I dont get it. I took advantage of that so i didnt have a mess on my comp housing lol.

moparman76_69
10-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Yep exactly. And thanks Chuck. I am surprised how its not really much laggier than the stock turbo. However i think that turbo was on its way out for some time cus i had posted about blue smoke in the past, did valve stem seals, the engine was already re-ringed etc. Great compression both cold and fully warmed. So with that said and when the turbo finally went i was blowing blue smoke like crazy. It dont seem to be smoking now and It seems to be running great! No o2 sensor right now either when i test drove it lol. Again im not driving this thing around so no im not beating it with no AF readings to go by lol.

BTW give me some feedback on the bracket i made for the wg. Everyone welds to the housing. Why hasnt anyone do what i did? Even people with the same holset i used those 2 bolt holes were perfect for a bracket. I dont get it. I took advantage of that so i didnt have a mess on my comp housing lol.

I modified the factory bracket and bought a extension for the stock actuator. Seems easier to use existing bolts and stuff than start welding.

tsiconquest88
10-10-2011, 10:36 PM
yea def. Your the only was i know of so far. See if anyone else chimes in that has made a bracket over welding.

Lotashelbys
10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Glad you got it running! The green machine has a steel bracket for the WG can bolted on the turbo to mani bolts.....

Shadow
10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Glad you got it together and looking forward to your results! It was just way too easy for me to re-clock and weld the brkt than do anything else! + it looks like your running an HX35? There are No bolt holes on an HE351 turbine housing.

moparman76_69
10-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Technically its an HX35W since it has the turbine housing integrated wastegate.

tsiconquest88
10-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Yeap its an hx35w. Also thanks Jackson. Really wasnt a hard swap, but between having kids, bills, etc and time nonetheless to work on it. It seemingly took forever. 3 Months was far too long lol.
I was kinda figuring those who welded their brackets was simply because it was necessary for one reason or another. Just wasnt sure. I had to re-clock as well. The center cartridge and comp housing. If i left the center my oil feed woulda been return lol. Obviously not good lmao.

dds78910
03-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Any more feedback since its been on for a while now?

tsiconquest88
03-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Nah I put it up for the winter I am going to finish it up soon though. I will def update! It runs and all though.

1st_Turbo_Car
08-13-2012, 08:49 PM
How about now? Anything new to share?

tsiconquest88
08-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Yea never updated this thread. Car was pretty much done. There's a recent thread I did cus my neighbor hit the car hard. Adam lengel came and bought it. I miss the thing but the accident made me practical and use the insurance and sale money to take care of stuff.

tsiconquest88
08-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Overall car was running great! I couldn't get more than 8 psi but I was about to fix that issue. Still faster than stock though and almost jetsounding lol. 15 woulda really started waking up. Just a couple things needed revising. I was dailying the thing since may cus my beater crapped out. But I had worked on the RT up till the beater died so that's where just a few things I did needed to be done a little different. But driving it made that kind of tough.