PDA

View Full Version : Threaded WG arm

Dave
07-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Okay for some reason when swapping to the hybrid from my stock T3 my WG can wont hold anymore than 16psi. It spikes to 17psi in 1st gear and then holds at 16psi for the other 2. MBC is all the way in. Haven't tried unplugging it yet, but I want to get an idea for what I'm doing if worst comes to worst.

I read on Gus's site on how to build a adj. WG arm. Remove WG actuator assy. and cut off a 1/4" of arm, buy a threaded fitting that's 1/4-20" in size (what's the -20 for?? :confused: ) and thread it into the arms. Adjust by remove WG bracket bolts and rotating can clockwise to tigthen and vise-versa.

So how do I thread the arms? What exactly needs bought? Would it be cheaper to buy Cindy's adj. WG actuator assy?

Thanks, one more time guys,
-Bryan

shmedley
07-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Okay for some reason when swapping to the hybrid from my stock T3 my WG can wont hold anymore than 16psi. It spikes to 17psi in 1st gear and then holds at 16psi for the other 2. MBC is all the way in. Haven't tried unplugging it yet, but I want to get an idea for what I'm doing if worst comes to worst.

I read on Gus's site on how to build a adj. WG arm. Remove WG actuator assy. and cut off a 1/4" of arm, buy a threaded fitting that's 1/4-20" in size (what's the -20 for?? :confused: ) and thread it into the arms. Adjust by remove WG bracket bolts and rotating can clockwise to tigthen and vise-versa.

So how do I thread the arms? What exactly needs bought? Would it be cheaper to buy Cindy's adj. WG actuator assy?

Thanks, one more time guys,
-Bryan

The -20 is thread size (threads per inch) You will need a dye to thread the arm. It's like a tap but to make screws. the parts will be cheap.

Hope this helps

Dave
07-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Thank yeh very much, Shmedly. :)

I think I'll just use a lock nut on the side closest to the WG. I don't think it's neccassary to have one by the can.

WVRampage
07-22-2006, 05:03 PM
YOu should use the lock nut on both sides incase the arm coming out of the can desides to spin.

Dave
07-22-2006, 09:55 PM
YOu should use the lock nut on both sides incase the arm coming out of the can desides to spin.

K. So what I need are just two lock nuts?

Tony Hanna
07-23-2006, 03:57 AM
I wouldn't think they'd even have to be a lock nut. Just a regular nut on either side of the collar would work fine. All you need is something to tighten against the collar to keep the assembly from turning and changing your adjustment after you get it set.