PDA

View Full Version : Cut-outs, lol, do use turn downs, extensions or nothing?

turbovanmanČ
10-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Just curious what everyone uses. I have a 3ft piece of pipe on to route the gas's from under the van.

roachjuice
10-06-2011, 12:38 PM
you think too much.

turbovanmanČ
10-06-2011, 12:40 PM
you think too much.

Is that a bad thing? but this has nothing to do with thinking, just curious how everyone runs their's.

roachjuice
10-06-2011, 01:50 PM
I've only seen them with out a pipe. Overthinking things can end up bad.

shelbymonster
10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
im interested too , my boost activated cut out will be installed soon , some ideas would be nice

that one http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?60708-had-to-play-with-the-welder-...

RJ138
10-06-2011, 02:44 PM
I have only used them without a pipe, just a straight dump off the downpipe. I never had an issue with exhaust gases coming into the car (maybe a little when stopped), but I also didn't drive around with it open all the time.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

im interested too , my boost activated cut out will be installed soon , some ideas would be nice

that one http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?60708-had-to-play-with-the-welder-...

That thing is pretty sweet, but unless I am missing something it is going to leak. The QTP or McCord cutouts I have had started leaking a bit and they have a small area where the plate pushes against when closed. The McCord also rattled after a few years. Maybe a double plate or welding in something for the plate to close against will help. If you don't mind a little hissing then disregard this post.

shelbymonster
10-06-2011, 02:57 PM
I have only used them without a pipe, just a straight dump off the downpipe. I never had an issue with exhaust gases coming into the car (maybe a little when stopped), but I also didn't drive around with it open all the time.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

That thing is pretty sweet, but unless I am missing something it is going to leak. The QTP or McCord cutouts I have had started leaking a bit and they have a small area where the plate pushes against when closed. The McCord also rattled after a few years. Maybe a double plate or welding in something for the plate to close against will help. If you don't mind a little hissing then disregard this post.

yeah its gonna leak like that , im aware of it , but the main reason is that i didnt use a thick enough 3 inch pipe , when welding it to the exaust it will move so im gonna fit it after welding it , but ive seen brand new electric cutout leaks like crazy ...

turbovanmanČ
10-06-2011, 03:02 PM
My QTP oval leaks a tiny bit and its brand friggin new, ack, lol.

shelbymonster
10-06-2011, 03:16 PM
i cant wait to see how its gonna affect the spool up , i need to find the place where im gonna weld it , closer of the turbo or where the cat "should be"?

turbovanmanČ
10-06-2011, 03:43 PM
I was playing with mine last night doing roll ons, open, night and day difference in builiding boost.

roachjuice
10-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Open down pipe here. Dumped before the rear axle. No leaks.

BoostedDrummer
10-10-2011, 05:08 PM
I was thinking about QTP electric cutouts and putting them on the GLH. How well does it affect boost and performance??

turbovanmanČ
10-10-2011, 07:19 PM
I was thinking about QTP electric cutouts and putting them on the GLH. How well does it affect boost and performance??

Seems ok, its just like any other but expensive. I would have got another company, Bazzaz I believe off Ebay, the whole kit is cheaper from him than just the cut-out from QTP. The only reason I have this one is I got it cheap.

Boost comes on way faster, just haven't had a chance to try it at the track yet.